Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2018, 15:26   #61
Movementarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Science View Post
Come on he clearly shoves her away. Add in the fact that she was embarrassed in front of the whole world so im sure there is some sort of pysch affect that she will have to overcome
I completely agree. I found a photo of that intern right after this terrible assault.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6454db1a26bcd23caf34c4a8b3399f70.jpg (53.5 KB, 313 views)
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 15:28   #62
mcmoustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post
Ah ok now I see the doctored footage in that link making it look a lot more aggressive. How utterly reprehensible and irresponsible to create and publish that. You might call it fake news.
Yeah. It's one thing to create lie about something but it's even worse to use doctored footage to support that lie. It shows that the liar knows that they are lying and not just misinterpreting an event. Reprehensible and Irresponsible are the right words for this.
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:29   #63
dont bother

seriously....
Irish people who are vocal about being "against trump" are pathetic.
why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

god, irish people under 30 are very depressing these days.
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:34   #64
Fann Linn

If she was an intern 'under' Clinton she'd have something to be worried about.
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:35   #65
Standman

As an avid Trumpette I'm finding this one hard to process.

On the one hand, I'm tired of bloody snowflakes crying about the smallest of transgressions all the time (e.g. "microagressions" - yuck!).

But on the other hand, I am outraged at this - I dunno, what would you call it, mini-agression from that reporter!

Now I'm no snowflake. In fact, I'm a manflake (this is an actual word, look it up).
I've forgotten my point.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 15:35   #66
Billy Mays

The White House posting propaganda from f*cking Infowars

Have a word with yourself op ffs
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:41   #67
_Whimsical_

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont bother View Post
seriously....
why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

I don't think this is a case of petty squabbles for or against Trump, this incident is a blatant attack on democracy.

The press is the only agency that provides the people with any accountability, and yes its a flawed body, but it's the only one we have. A journalist has to ask uncomfortable questions in order to provide the public with the information they're entitled to.
That this man is shouted down and verbally abused is one thing, that he then lose his job as a White House reporter because he's been banned for physically assaulting a woman, sullied with a slur over something he did not do and we all can see that he did not do, is a very scary development in the Western World.

This one can't be let pass. This would mark the beginning of us accepting to let modern democracy slide into being political orbits like China and Russia, where people who look for accountability of power or speak truth end up in jail for crimes they didn't commit or worse.
08-11-2018, 15:41   #68
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
seriously....

There are plenty of people over 30 here. The most powerful man in the world - yeah I think it's reasonable to have views on him when he tries to distort reality. As if people here didn't have views on Reagan or Nixon or Kennedy.

And wow, talk about missing the point, which is that the woman WAS NOT assaulted - that's what those who are critical of Trump are saying, hence no condemnation by "the lesbian feminists" (lol).

Is it only those here who are against Trump that you've a problem with? What about people here who wear MAGA hats? Much weirder.

How about people who are indifferent to him a lot of the time, disagree with him other times and agree with him other times?
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:43   #69
FingerDeKat

Quote:
seriously....

You ok hun?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 15:43   #70
Sweet.Science

The world has gone mad - can people please stop mentioning trump

This is about the behavior of a male CNN reporter to a young female intern . It was out of order. He should make a public apology at the least .
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:44   #71
mcmoustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme A Pound View Post

How about people who are indifferent to him a lot of the time, disagree with him other times and agree with him other times?
That's a rare breed these days.
08-11-2018, 15:45   #72
_Whimsical_

Quote:

This is about the behavior of a male CNN reporter to a young female intern . It was out of order. He should make a public apology at the least .
So you've seen the correct video and are still trolling so ?
Ok, lets all just leave you to it.
(3) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:49   #73
ace_irl

I personally don't see an assault here. Yeah he seams to like the sound of his own voice a bit too much and I think he was more concerned with having his moment then anything else but he did not assault the women.

I actually think if the roles were reversed and it was a female reporter and a male intern there would be uproar over how the intern just reached across like that to take the mic.

Her action looks more aggressive to me then his.
08-11-2018, 15:54   #74
hatrickpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman View Post
I think CNN are far more biased than Fox News even during the Bush years.
On Election Night 2016, Fox were the only network reporting the election results in a clinical manner and registering early on that the night was much closer than expected. Most, if not all, other American networks went into full blown meltdowns and it became increasingly obvious that they regarded the "wrong" candidate as having won.

Makes you very thankful for the rules we have here about not allowing the media to discriminate between viewpoints or candidates during elections.
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 15:55   #75
dav3

Quote:
Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.
Quote:
Its sad when peoples hatred of Trump can make them refuse to condemn the assault of a young female intern

Quote:
Are you feeling ok OP?
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size