Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-11-2018, 21:02   #1
CinemaGuy45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 483
What is your impression of Aspergers syndrome?

A number of posters on this very board have it and they are a mixed bag.

A relatives son has it a friends grandson has it I work with a couple of people with it.
I notice some of those with the condition are prone to online trolling for the sake of attention seeking as they seem unable to interact with people in a normal way.

My impression of these people is that they are very annoying and emotionally immature.
They may seem intelligent but they seem to panic when they have to do anything outside their narrow comfort zone.

They seem to mess up all relationships and friendships that is if they can even form them in the first place.
They also come across as selfish and weird and they can ask the same question over and over again as if looking for reassurance.

Despite the PC version of the syndrome these people seem prone to mood swings and bursts of anger if they are pushed too far outside their comfort zone.

What are your impressions of people with Aspergers am I being unfair or am I being truthful?

Are these people weirdos creepy and anlying?

Last edited by CinemaGuy45; 06-11-2018 at 12:18.
CinemaGuy45 is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 21:06   #2
SEPT 23 1989
Registered User
 
SEPT 23 1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 32,714
They are the next stage of evolution
SEPT 23 1989 is offline  
04-11-2018, 21:07   #3
CinemaGuy45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
They are the next stage of evolution
Don't believe that for a second many stay single not a good way for breeding up their numbers.
CinemaGuy45 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
04-11-2018, 21:10   #4
Kristopherus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,236
OP, go back to a cinema, preferably one showing a continuous spool of Tom & Jerry cartoons.
Kristopherus is offline  
(5) thanks from:
04-11-2018, 21:10   #5
wakka12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Dublin
Posts: 5,639
I only know one person with aspergers. Hes fine , you mightnt even notice unless you knew him for a while. He just seems off, hes very blunt and will say things that hurt peoples feelings and not even know he did anything wrong, hes quite narcisstic and selfish though Im not sure if thats related to the condition, I think hes very mild/high functioning though
wakka12 is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 21:10   #6
SEPT 23 1989
Registered User
 
SEPT 23 1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 32,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
Don't believe that for a second many stay single not a good way for breeding up their numbers.
Without them we wouldn't be doing this
SEPT 23 1989 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
04-11-2018, 21:11   #7
Zaph
A kick in the gulags
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Posts: 35,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
A number of posters on this very board have it and they are a mixed bag.

A relatives son has it a friends grandson has it I work with a couple of people with it.
I notice some of those with the condition are prone to online trolling for the sake of attention seeking as they seem unable to interact with people in a normal way.

My impression of these people is that they are very annoying and emotionally immature.
They may seem intelligent but they seem to panic when they have to do anything outside their narrow comfort zone.

They seem to mess up all relationships and friendships that is if they can even form them in the first place.
They also come across as selfish and weird and they can ask the same question over and over again as if looking for reassurance.

Despite the PC version of the syndrome these people seem prone to mood swings and bursts of anger if they are pushed too far outside their comfort zone.

What are your impressions of people with Aspergers am I being unfair or am I being truthful?

Are these people weirdos creepy and annoying?
You seem like a lovely person, so full of empathy for others who may have daily struggles that the rest of us may never understand or will never have to endure.
Zaph is offline  
(81) thanks from:
123balltv, A.Partridge, Aceandstuff, Agent Coulson, alchemist33, alroley, AmberGold, ancapailldorcha, Annani, Balmed Out, BaZmO*, Birneybau, brightspark, bubblypop, Calhoun, chosen1, Day Lewin, Dazzy, dexter_morgan, dublincelt, eviltwin, Four Phucs Ache, Foweva Awone, frash, friendlyfun, FTA69, Galadriel, GeordieRebel, gerrybbadd, gman127, Grayson, HalloweenJack, holyhead, Ineedaname, IvyTheTerrific, jaxxx, jaykay74, josephsoap, js35, julyjane, killbillvol2, Kurumba, Landr, Lollipops23, Mam of 4, Matt Barrett, maxwell smart, Muckie, ncmc, Obvious Desperate Breakfasts, Ohmeha, Padraig Mor, Persepoly, Pter, r3nu4l, Raichu, rainbowtrout, relax carry on, REXER, Rothko, Rubberlegs, Sephiroth_dude, Silverfish, SirChenjin, skooterblue2, sok2005, Sudden Valley, sullivlo, sunbeam, SusieBlue, The Diddakoi, The Lost Sheep, TheTorment, Timberrrrrrrr, troyzer, tuisginideach, unknowngirl!!, Water John, wench, westernfrenzy, wexie
04-11-2018, 21:12   #8
CinemaGuy45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
Without them we wouldn't be doing this
That is so true.
CinemaGuy45 is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 21:14   #9
CinemaGuy45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
You seem like a lovely person, so full of empathy for others who may have daily struggles that the rest of us may never understand or will never have to endure.
Have you ever reached out to any of these people yourself?
CinemaGuy45 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2018, 21:17   #10
JohnnyFlash
Registered User
 
JohnnyFlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,061
Work in the lower rungs of IT. Obsessive sorts - mad into comics, Japanese cartoons, computer games. Wear combats, skateboard runners, hoodies and wallet chains. Questionable personal hygiene.
JohnnyFlash is online now  
04-11-2018, 21:17   #11
Jack Moore
Registered User
 
Jack Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Jeremy (level 1 Wizard)
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
Without them we wouldn't be doing this
balderdash
Jack Moore is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 21:18   #12
Yer Da sells Avon
Registered User
 
Yer Da sells Avon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
What are your impressions of people with Aspergers am I being unfair or am I being truthful?
I think you're being very unfair. Perhaps to yourself? You said in another thread that you have Asperger's.
Yer Da sells Avon is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2018, 21:18   #13
CinemaGuy45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 483
It is not a disease and everything I have said it 100% truthful.

Last edited by dudara; 05-11-2018 at 07:19.
CinemaGuy45 is offline  
04-11-2018, 21:19   #14
Zaph
A kick in the gulags
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Posts: 35,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
Have you ever reached out to any of these people yourself?
I have a friend who has two children on the spectrum and have worked with several people over the years who I'd be very surprised weren't on it as well. Not entirely sure how that's relevant though, I'm not the one slagging them off.
Zaph is offline  
04-11-2018, 21:21   #15
Berties_Horse
Registered User
 
Berties_Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Amok
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Work in the lower rungs of IT. Obsessive sorts - mad into comics, Japanese cartoons, computer games. Wear combats, skateboard runners, hoodies and wallet chains. Questionable personal hygiene.
Is your name Otto, or Aongus?
Berties_Horse is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet