Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-10-2018, 18:40   #46
Pac1Man

Tell us great sorceress. We have come from far and wide. What do you foreshadow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginandtonicsky View Post
the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 18:42   #47
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by gctest50 View Post
You're not happy are you ?

I'm a wimmenz I just mean I dislike when fellow women do stuff to let the side down.
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 18:43   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginandtonicsky View Post
People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.

I dated online in the past, I'm 177cm, or 178/ 5,10 in shoes easily,

I wouldnt go putting in 5'9.5 down, met a girl online that said she was 5'7" she was from the continent, dont think she could calculate metric to imperial, she was more like 5'11" and I could tell she was a bit put out, didnt suit me but the error was hers, we agreed to go our ways rather than sit through the awkwardness, but I made it clear to her it wasnt like I said I was 6".
I can see why the OP is put out, I wouldnt be interested in dating someone that isnt at least average weight, Im not in model cover shape myself,could do with losing a few kgs but being overweight to me means you cant stop stuffing the buns into your cake hole, exercising recently and doing the calculations, I know its difficult to shed a small amount of weight as the kcals dont burn off easily.
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 18:56   #49
Larbre34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Disposition View Post
Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.
Rumbled when she walked did she?
(4) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 18:59   #50
super_furry

I mean personal preference and all that but can you not just use your eyes?

People are attracted to who they’re attracted to anyway. Some people don’t like heavier folks and some people won’t bother with short-arses, just something you have to take on the chin.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 19:01   #51
Teyla Emmagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by corner of hells
Jaysus , haven't seen you in years.
Am still hanging in there baby!!
29-10-2018, 19:05   #52
TerrorFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Disposition View Post
Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.
I went on a date with a girl before and she was so heavy in real life that I didn't recognise her, she had to approach me and be like "Hi, it's me".

In her photos she looked like a pretty standard size 12 at best, and they were full body shots so not just flattering angles.

In person she was I would say size 20? Big is an understatement. I honestly did not recognise her, and even when I realised it was her, I still couldn't marry this person in front of me with the profile, at all.

Still went on the date and had a good time because she was good fun, but yeah, I just don't get what people hope to achieve by such wanton deceit, I would imagine not everyone would be as polite about it.

Reminds me of a female friend who went on a date with a guy, in his photos he just looked like an average decent guy, but when she met him, he was pretty fat...and bald.

"Oh yeah, haha, that was me 10 years ago...."

Why bother? What's to be gained?
29-10-2018, 19:10   #53
Addle

Dammit Phyllis!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5445.JPG (47.1 KB, 378 views)
29-10-2018, 19:12   #54
Addle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorFirmer View Post
More weight, as she comfort eats after suffering yet another rejection.
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 19:12   #55
Specialun

the fat ones apperciate it more
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 19:57   #56
ginandtonicsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorFirmer View Post

The only thing I can think is that it gives them more options when they're swiping, more seemingly interested men, and then maybe they might win them over with their radiant personality when they meet in person. A sort of self-deception too.

I can't imagine the anxiety of waiting to meet a stranger off the internet knowing you look nothing like your profile pics. It's hard enough as it is with the wondering if ye'll get on, will we have to suffer through awkward conversation etc - but imagine adding to that the fact that there's been some blatant false advertising and he's signed up for another person than who you actually are?
29-10-2018, 20:18   #57
Mister Vain

There's a new dating app that only allows you to match with people of other ethnicities, because if you're a white man and you're only attracted to white women, well that's racist apparently.
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 20:24   #58
Richard Hillman

I was on another dating site about 10 years ago and you can describe your body shape as "Average", "A few extra pounds" etc. The problem was, when a lady says a few extra pounds she could be in fantastic shape. Then you get morbidly obese women saying "A few extra pounds"
29-10-2018, 20:26   #59
Raichu
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Vain View Post
There's a new dating app that only allows you to match with people of other ethnicities, because if you're a white man and you're only attracted to white women, well that's racist apparently.
Does that mean travellers can find each other easier?
Thanks from:
29-10-2018, 20:27   #60
PapaOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Vain View Post
FFS, is there people that actually think that?
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion