Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-10-2018, 17:08   #31
Mookie Blaylock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginandtonicsky View Post
Women will go for taller, men will go for slimmer, so the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

It's a while since I've online dated but I do remember putting a full-body shot up specifically because I kept being asked for one when I got into conversations with guys - presumably in a "making sure she's not deceptively twice the alleged size" kind of way.

Don't get why people bother if the objective is to pick up dates, it's not like you can keep up the lie in person!
I'm actually a fan of the fuller figure myself
But I think a lot of people won't reveal all about themselves in a profile pic...or their bio.. as they feel slightly vulnerable... putting it all out there to be judged by strangers and to be found not good enough....

Society tells us we must meet a partner the old fashioned way...to use a dating site in some people's eyes is an admittance of failure of conventional norms ( more so in years gone by thank feck) but perhaps some still feel the stigma... dunno just spitballing
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 17:13   #32
Teyla Emmagan

Honestly, there is a lot to be said for celibacy.
29-10-2018, 17:16   #33
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by spodoinkle View Post
Ive a mate living in Dublin riding different yokes from Tinder every night
Quote:
Originally Posted by armaghlad View Post
I have on my tinder bio saying no to the following:
Big units
Yokes means things or a slang term for ecstasy tablets.
Units means apartments, offices, storage facilities... why would they be on Tinder?

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 29-10-2018 at 17:22.
Thanks from:
29-10-2018, 17:19   #34
Mookie Blaylock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme A Pound View Post
Units means apartments, offices, storage facilities... why would they be on Tinder?
Gimme a pound means you want your arse ridden.... perhaps tinder is exactly what you need!

29-10-2018, 17:21   #35
Collie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyla Emmagan View Post
They say the ones who talk most about sex are the ones not getting any.

I'm going to have to say the opposite must be true too. You wouldn't say that if you weren't getting any.

Celibacy sucks..trust me
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 17:25   #36
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie D View Post
They say the ones who talk most about sex are the ones not getting any.

I'm going to have to say the opposite must be true too. You wouldn't say that if you weren't getting any.

Celibacy sucks..trust me
Not if someone is asexual or has a low sex drive. Or if masturbation/sex toys are sufficient for their needs. More likely to be women than men I've no doubt though.

Lack of sex does appear to be more damaging to men.
29-10-2018, 17:28   #37
Sunny Disposition

Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.
29-10-2018, 17:46   #38
armaghlad

Quote:
A big unit is the same as a big yoke. Your slang is not universal ye know.
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 17:46   #39
corner of hells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyla Emmagan View Post
Jaysus , haven't seen you in years.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 17:49   #40
TheDavester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock View Post
Nothing stopping the OP putting up "no chubbies" same as female users say "no shorties"
I love how women can get away with saying no one under 6 ft and there's no uproar but god forbid if a man mentions a womans appearance
29-10-2018, 18:07   #41
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaghlad View Post
A big unit is the same as a big yoke. Your slang is not universal ye know.
Why call women either? It's just that that bravado from grown men is unnecessary. Women don't refer to men as things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavester View Post
I love how women can get away with saying no one under 6 ft and there's no uproar but god forbid if a man mentions a womans appearance
Don't think that's the case on this thread though. Personally I cringe at women doing that too. Really lets the side down. If a man isn't attracted to overweight women, that's just his involuntary preference, which there is nothing wrong with. I don't care if he even puts it in his profile, because weight can be lost.

Whereas women who say 6ft only are discriminating based on something a man can't control. And they're ruling out lots of great guys who are maybe 5ft 9 or 10. But I doubt any well adjusted guy would want to get involved with a woman who puts that stupid specification on her profile.
29-10-2018, 18:15   #42
Triceratops Ballet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavester

But they can't get away with it, theres a thread of people here and in other parts of boards giving out about women who do just that
29-10-2018, 18:19   #43
gctest50

Quote:

Whereas women who say 6ft only are discriminating based on something a man can't control. And they're ruling out lots of great guys who are maybe 5ft 9 or 10. But I doubt any well adjusted guy would want to get involved with a woman who puts that stupid specification on her profile.

You're not happy are you ?

29-10-2018, 18:21   #44
Patww79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceratops Ballet View Post
But they can't get away with it, theres a thread of people here and in other parts of boards giving out about women who do just that
They get away with it a lot easier.
29-10-2018, 18:28   #45
Collie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patww79 View Post
They get away with it a lot easier.
I'm not so sure. I think if a woman started a thread about a bunch of shortarses messaging her she'd be annihilated as some up her own hole bint.

Everyone has something they find attractive or unattractive. There's nothing wrong with that. But advertising it kind of seems a bit needless and/or narcissistic.

Although saying that..even as a bit of a shortie myself I don't particularly have a problem with men or women wanting certain heights...some of it is purely down to logistics.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion