Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2018, 23:43   #1201
mikhail gorbachev2

you should have voted for casey when you had the chance
but maybe he will be the next governor
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 23:47   #1202
mickdw

Can we stop this creative statistics nonsense as being spouted here.
Either you quote the real result for all candidates or you quote results as percentage of all those eligible to vote but not a mix match where casey vote is referred to as 10 percent yet MDH at 53 percent.
Anyone doing this is clearly on the wind up and in my opinion should not be allowed to continue to post such nonsense.
(3) thanks from:
09-11-2018, 00:00   #1203
mikhail gorbachev2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdw View Post
Can we stop this creative statistics nonsense as being spouted here.
Either you quote the real result for all candidates or you quote results as percentage of all those eligible to vote but not a mix match where casey vote is referred to as 10 percent yet MDH at 53 percent.
Anyone doing this is clearly on the wind up and in my opinion should not be allowed to continue to post such nonsense.
only 9.9% voted for casey
09-11-2018, 00:01   #1204
Filmer Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Eyes View Post
Lisdoonvarna was ignored in favour of some hotelier who agreed to take them in.

Next Septembers matchmaking Festival might be interesting.
It is often remarked that 'diversity' is the unwanted present that the middle classes bestow onto the working classes.

Here, the Elites bestow all their half-baked & ill thought out pet projects/issues onto the very people that brought back this country from the brink.

The Coping Class. The people who do the right thing,pay their taxes & try to raise the few kids they have the right way.

And for what?

To pay for a whole shower of self entitled wastrels, to do as they like with zero consequences.

This is why Casey got my vote.

I really hope the tide is turning against the 'Entitled Ones'.

**** them!
09-11-2018, 00:13   #1205
mikhail gorbachev2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmer Paradise View Post
It is often remarked that 'diversity' is the unwanted present that the middle classes bestow onto the working classes.

Here, the Elites bestow all their half-baked & ill thought out pet projects/issues onto the very people that brought back this country from the brink.

The Coping Class. The people who do the right thing,pay their taxes & try to raise the few kids they have the right way.

And for what?

To pay for a whole shower of self entitled wastrels, to do as they like with zero consequences.

**** them!
FYI The lisdoonvarna Project has been a all round success
some women form Clare married refugees
Ireland is an open progressive modern EU country
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-11-2018, 00:14   #1206
mgn

Quote:

And for what?

**** them!
Well said.
Thanks from:
09-11-2018, 00:18   #1207
Filmer Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail gorbachev2 View Post
FYI The lisdoonvarna Project has been a all round success
some women form Clare married refugees
Ireland is an open progressive modern EU country
Ireland is an open progressive modern EU country with an inordinate amount of wasters sucking at the teat.
(2) thanks from:
09-11-2018, 00:21   #1208
mikhail gorbachev2

Quote:
Ireland is an open progressive modern EU country with an inordinate amount of wasters sucking at the teat.
well if refugees can integrate in clare they can integrate anywhere, like in Rooskey,
open your borders fellow irish brothers
09-11-2018, 00:22   #1209
Atlantic Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward M View Post
They have to go somewhere I know.
My point is that for any social outings, like say swimming, cinema, virtually any form of entertainment outside the hotel, they'll have to be brought to Longford or Carrick on Shannon.
I don't know how much freedom they are allowed, but in Rooskey there's nothing.
From the 'warzones' they left Rooskey would be like Las Vegas.
Advertisement
09-11-2018, 00:24   #1210
Filmer Paradise

Quote:
well if refugees can integrate in clare they can integrate anywhere, like in Rooskey,
open your borders fellow irish brothers
Are you working, paying taxes & in general contributing to society Mikhail?

Just to put us all in the picture like.
09-11-2018, 00:42   #1211
hatrickpatrick

Here's a question from a leftie who has no beef with travellers generally: What the hell is the point of "traveller specific accommodation"? I've never understood this one. The definition of a traveller surely involves travelling nomadically - in which case, the provision of halting sites etc makes total sense. But the whole "settled traveller" thing is entirely lost on me, tbh. If a traveller decides to give up the nomadic lifestyle, permanently or otherwise, surely that individual just becomes a non-travelling Irish person, and therefore if he or she doesn't have the means to buy a house on the market, should apply for a council house like everyone else in that position?

The existence of concepts such as "traveller specific accommodation" and "settled travellers" are part of the problem IMO. As someone who has nothing against travellers, I do find the whole concept of the Traveller "identity" (Traveller with a capital "T") moronic - they should be regarded for the sake of policy as Irish people who choose to live a certain lifestyle, rather than that lifestyle being a core part of one's identity. It's not like a demographic attribute, a sexuality, or a disability, for example - ideally it should be considered something which anyone can choose to adopt, and likewise anyone can choose to give up. A nomadic lifestyle - nothing more, nothing less.

In my view, a lot of the issues around this would cease to be viewed in the same way if being a traveller was regarded as a lifestyle attribute rather than a demographic one. The state should facilitate the lifestyles which people in it choose to live, via, for example, providing places for people to park mobile homes and so on, but I for one don't think the state should regard it as a fundamental aspect of identity politics, and provide (to take one obvious example) segregated "traveller specific housing" for travellers who no longer want to be travellers. They should be considered part of the general social housing list.

The concept of Travellers with a capital T is something I regard as contributing nothing but conflict and unhappiness to the world. Live and let live, absolutely, but sub-divisions of the Irish identity are unnecessary when we're just talking about lifestyle choices.
09-11-2018, 00:55   #1212
mattser

Just in from work and nothing's changed.
09-11-2018, 01:04   #1213
Filmer Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
Here's a question from a leftie who has no beef with travellers generally: What the hell is the point of "traveller specific accommodation"? I've never understood this one. The definition of a traveller surely involves travelling nomadically - in which case, the provision of halting sites etc makes total sense. But the whole "settled traveller" thing is entirely lost on me, tbh. If a traveller decides to give up the nomadic lifestyle, permanently or otherwise, surely that individual just becomes a non-travelling Irish person, and therefore if he or she doesn't have the means to buy a house on the market, should apply for a council house like everyone else in that position?

The existence of concepts such as "traveller specific accommodation" and "settled travellers" are part of the problem IMO. As someone who has nothing against travellers, I do find the whole concept of the Traveller "identity" (Traveller with a capital "T") moronic - they should be regarded for the sake of policy as Irish people who choose to live a certain lifestyle, rather than that lifestyle being a core part of one's identity. It's not like a demographic attribute, a sexuality, or a disability, for example - ideally it should be considered something which anyone can choose to adopt, and likewise anyone can choose to give up. A nomadic lifestyle - nothing more, nothing less.

In my view, a lot of the issues around this would cease to be viewed in the same way if being a traveller was regarded as a lifestyle attribute rather than a demographic one. The state should facilitate the lifestyles which people in it choose to live, via, for example, providing places for people to park mobile homes and so on, but I for one don't think the state should regard it as a fundamental aspect of identity politics, and provide (to take one obvious example) segregated "traveller specific housing" for travellers who no longer want to be travellers. They should be considered part of the general social housing list.

The concept of Travellers with a capital T is something I regard as contributing nothing but conflict and unhappiness to the world. Live and let live, absolutely, but sub-divisions of the Irish identity are unnecessary when we're just talking about lifestyle choices.
Apparently, there entitled to keep their pets along with them.

It doesn't matter if there's Horses, Antelopes, Loins or if they choose to keep a Hippo in their property.

Herds or wild weildebest roaming through the plains.

IT. ALL. HAS. TO .BE. SORTED.FOR .THEM.

Why?

Just let them go somewhere else that will take them.

IT'S THEIR RIGHTS!!!! Godamit.
09-11-2018, 01:20   #1214
questionmark?

Quote:
only 9.9% voted for casey
Am ya thats incorrect and you know it. Official results show a completely differant result.
If you claim this based on turnout it's just as easy to say if everyone voted the percentage split would be the same in other words stop making up **** to suit your agenda. And no I didn't vote for Casey.
09-11-2018, 01:47   #1215
hatrickpatrick

Quote:
Apparently, there entitled to keep their pets along with them.

It doesn't matter if there's Horses, Antelopes, Loins or if they choose to keep a Hippo in their property.

Herds or wild weildebest roaming through the plains.

IT. ALL. HAS. TO .BE. SORTED.FOR .THEM.

Why?

Just let them go somewhere else that will take them.

IT'S THEIR RIGHTS!!!! Godamit.
But even if this was the case, why the concept of "traveller specific accomodation" as opposed to merely being on the housing list with the aforementioned criteria? Again, if a traveller chooses to settle, then by definition they are no longer a traveller. I have no issue with halting sites, and I have no issue with settled travellers being on the council list for social or affordable housing if they need it, but I don't understand the concept of building houses or flats and saying "these ones are specifically only for this particular demographic". That in and of itself, in my view, is a problem - it contributes to the ongoing segregation of travellers from Irish society by accepting, rather than challenging, the notion that they're fundamentally different as people from the rest of us, as opposed to being - as in my view and I'm sure in many others - merely Irish people who live a particular lifestyle.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion