Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

depression on waking up

• 15-04-2021 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have itvery bad.its either depression or anxiety or both on waking. it gets a bit better after about half hour. Not sure if i would be properly awake at first i think the brain wakes up in stages.

anyone have this? i need something to calm me on waking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bedblues wrote: »
    I have itvery bad.its either depression or anxiety or both on waking. it gets a bit better after about half hour. Not sure if i would be properly awake at first i think the brain wakes up in stages.

It could be low blood sugar affecting mood etc? I am not "right" until I have had a cup of sweetened coffee as I know ( medically proven) that my blood sugar is wildly erratic and after a night of "fasting"?

Could that fit with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Graces7 wrote: »
    It could be low blood sugar affecting mood etc? I am not "right" until I have had a cup of sweetened coffee as I know ( medically proven) that my blood sugar is wildly erratic and after a night of "fasting"?

Could that fit with you?

Most issues occur of drugs, malnutrition or life style.
    I wouldn't artificially fix my self by getting sugar or anything else rather look into root cause and fix it naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Different people have different things to start the day, stretch, shower, sunshine, sugar, music,birdsong... have a goodday bedblues once you're up you're halfway there...

pottokblue wrote: »
    Different people have different things to start the day, stretch, shower, sunshine, sugar, music,birdsong... have a goodday bedblues once you're up you're halfway there...

Not too sure about mixing drugs into daily routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭dublin49

I find a cold shower at end of shower pulls you into the present and blows away any apathy or lethargy pretty sharpish.

• Advertisement

dublin49 wrote: »
    I find a cold shower at end of shower pulls you into the present and blows away any apathy or lethargy pretty sharpish.

Taking cold shower will:

1. Reduce body inflammation.
    2. Increase antioxidant network including glutathione
    3. Mitochondria increase to boost more energy
    4. T-Cells increase, prevents against infection, viruses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

do you have bad dreams/nightmares before you wake up?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sporina wrote: »
    yes

markmoto wrote: »
    Most issues occur of drugs, malnutrition or life style.
    I wouldn't artificially fix my self by getting sugar or anything else rather look into root cause and fix it naturally.

Ah I am working on medically proven evidence in my own case. I have a wildly erratic blood sugar, and this is a simple natural way to fix it that works every time. After a night with no nutrition? Nothing artificial. And it works. Just common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

sporina wrote: »

What would be the significance of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It could be a lot of things as mentioned, including a depression attack, common apparently with my own disorder

gandalfio wrote: »
    What would be the significance of this?

Vivid dreams colour mood even in sleep and you can then wake with the echoes, especially the mood. Without remembering the exact dream. So yes a dream can create the mood you wake with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Squatman

i happened to listen to a podcast recently, and they mentioned heightened anxiety as being common due to dreaming. and that it tapers away as the morning progresses. perfectly normal for everyones anxiety levels to spike in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Squatman wrote: »
    i happened to listen to a podcast recently, and they mentioned heightened anxiety as being common due to dreaming. and that it tapers away as the morning progresses. perfectly normal for everyones anxiety levels to spike in the morning

Maybe some kind of radio alarm clock. Or change your curtains to be more transparent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Squatman

Maybe some kind of radio alarm clock. Or change your curtains to be more transparent?

Why so?

Squatman wrote: »
    Why so?

Maybe the idea that more light means less depression>

I had a dawn lamp with a special daylight bulb that came on slowly when you set it. That special " daylight" spectrum bulb. It did help. From a firm called " Outside in" in the UK

Advertisement