Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nursing Home charges on top of consultation fee

• 16-04-2021 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope its ok to post here in regard to Nursing Homes and the expenses they charge,

Just wonding if anyone else had experience in having to also pay out extortionate amounts of money for Physio consultations.

My mother is in a private nursing home for 3 years now, starting to go downhill a bit, just lately we had to have a Physio look at her posture etc, anyway, long story short, the bill came to 450euro....

I found out that the consultation was 200euro, ( Physio comes into the home for about 20 minutes ) so that leaves the nursing home slapping on a nice 250 euro....for whatever...

It just seems wrong and quite frankly disgusting imo...

Has anyone suffered the same large bills??

Many thanks
    R

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Request a meeting with a manager/supervisor & in the calmest way possible ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m surprised that the home doesn’t have a full time physiotherapist(s), or at least a chartered physio coming in say three days a week... lots of elderly people in particular are prone to suffer with musculoskeletal, neurological, cardio, nerve problems...etc....just to name a few... poor form.

Back 18 years ago and I see still today, my Grandad’s home had staff physios with regular treatments and classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭apache

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m surprised that the home doesn’t have a full time physiotherapist(s), or at least a chartered physio coming in say three days a week... lots of elderly people in particular are prone to suffer with musculoskeletal, neurological, cardio, nerve problems...etc....just to name a few... poor form.

Back 18 years ago and I see still today, my Grandad’s home had staff physios with regular treatments and classes.
    They should do. My mothers Physiotherapy costs €90 a week in her care home.

Ask them for a breakdown of the fees.

It's tough on those in nursing homes only having one non contact visit per week. Well there's the window visit as well.

Advertisement