Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BE Services to Go-Ahead and Resulting Fleet Changes

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

pad199207 wrote: »
    I thought the fares would have been the same as before as bus Éireann.

Leap adult single to Naas from town
    Bus Eireann €5:39
    Go Ahead €3:85

Fares should be the same. Maybe the driver made a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

I thought the fares would have been the same as before as bus Éireann.

Wow, finally it might cost less than 60€ to get from naas to UCD every week...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Service is quite frequent so I’ve noticed but none of them are to schedule as of yet anyways.

Anybody know if Go Ahead have any plans for a real time app?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

May have been posted in the thread before but do Bus Eireann still have the small depot behind toughers ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

Anybody know if Go Ahead have any plans for a real time app?

No the NTA won't allow it and even if they were it wouldn't be worth their while if they were allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I thought the fares would have been the same as before as bus reann.

details here

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/dublin-commuter-timetables-fare-information

there is a link to the fare chart also

3.85 equates to a 19-20 stage fare

5.39 is 27-30 stages

so looks like an error

not sure what would have happened if it was inspected

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So the Go-Ahead 120 service starts on the 19th of Janurary now. Got a quick look inside the 130 bus while waiting for a bus at Connoly station and it looked very modern.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    So the Go-Ahead 120 service starts on the 19th of Janurary now. Got a quick look inside the 130 bus while waiting for a bus at Connoly station and it looked very modern.

Haven’t any complaints since the first day hiccups. Much more frequent service than Bus Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I have herd complaints about the new 120 Go-Ahead bus service. There has been some buses that did not turn up and one I was waiting for was 30 minutes late. Also the timetable is not very clear. What it says at the stop is different to what is on the online timetable for some stops. The buses only going two thirds of the way instead of the whole journey is another really annoying thing and needs to be fixed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 deetravels

Any recent update on the 126? How is it of late going from Dublin city to Naas? I'm looking to get off at Toughers estate. Do any other routes service this commute?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭p_haugh

From looking at the Go-Ahead twitter the past few weeks, it seems that a *lot* of commuter services, mainly on the 120/126, are being cancelled daily due to "operational issues". Would anyone know what the issue is? I'm guessing that they are having issues with drivers currently

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

A lot of drivers out with Covid and on annual leave.

Advertisement