Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classical collection on vinyl offered free

• 30-06-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hello
    I have a large (250+) collection of LPs. Mostly classical, in good condition, and very well maintained, from the 70's, 80's & 90's. I cannot play them and it seems a waste to have them gathering dust. Would anyone on here would be interested, or maybe someone can suggest a club that would like them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Hello
    I have a large (250+) collection of LPs. Mostly classical, in good condition, and very well maintained, from the 70's, 80's & 90's. I cannot play them and it seems a waste to have them gathering dust. Would anyone on here would be interested, or maybe someone can suggest a club that would like them.
    Thanks
    have you tried donating to charity shops in your area ?
    - mentioning cause we bought some classical LPs from one of these in our town.
    otherwise, might be interested in hearing more about the content, possibly can take a part of it if still available / can be posted. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’d be hugely interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

mvl wrote: »
    have you tried donating to charity shops in your area ?
    - mentioning cause we bought some classical LPs from one of these in our town.
    otherwise, might be interested in hearing more about the content, possibly can take a part of it if still available / can be posted. thanks.

I have tried a couple locally so I'll persevere with that, some don't want vinyl. Thanks for the suggestion

endacl wrote: »
    I’d be hugely interested!

I'll pm you so and see what we can do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you've any leftovers, after Endacl has had his pick, please do let me know, too. Thank you!

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    If you've any leftovers, after Endacl has had his pick, please do let me know, too. Thank you!

Sorry, they're all gone now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's ok, thanks anyway. :)

It is certainly an extensive collection, and very generously given...
    Sorry, they're all gone now.
    ...but I'm not greedy, so if it's OK with you Hoof_Hearted...
    That's ok, thanks anyway. :)
    ...I'd be very happy to pay it forward.

If you're happy to have the collection divided up, HH, I'd be more than happy to meet NH and share. 'New Home' would be kinda fitting?

:)

Ah jeepers, don't worry Enda, enjoy them! I just thought, if you had "doubles" that you'd left behind I wouldn't have minded them, but I'm not "stealing" half of your loot! Thanks for the thought, though, and if you ever plan to get rid of them do keep me in mind. :) Very kind of you to offer, though. :)

Ah jeepers, don't worry Enda, enjoy them! I just thought, if you had "doubles" that you'd left behind I wouldn't have minded them, but I'm not "stealing" half of your loot! Thanks for the thought, though, and if you ever plan to get rid of them do keep me in mind. :) Very kind of you to offer, though. :)
    You wouldn't be stealing anything! There are some doubles indeed, and from my point of view, they should go to somebody who might listen to them. Really well cared for and all in really good condition. Most are close to mint.

They meant an awful lot to somebody though, and I'd be happier if Hoof-Hearted gave her blessing.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    You wouldn't be stealing anything! There are some doubles indeed, and from my point of view, they should go to somebody who might listen to them. Really well cared for and all in really good condition. Most are close to mint.

They meant an awful lot to somebody though, and I'd be happier if Hoof-Hearted gave her blessing.

That's so very thoughtful, thank you endacl. They're all yours now (and with my great pleasure), so if you'd like to share them, well, that's lovely.
    What a lovely ending:)

Advertisement