If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kef ls50 wireless ii - how good?

Options
  • 25-10-2020 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

So I'm new to the world of home hifi & looking for something to fit into my sitting room rather than take over the room. Reviews of the speakers above are excellent but I have no idea what the reference point is. Compare speakers like this to say a neat system you have on sale in the naim uniti atom & b&w 606's. Main listening source will be streaming from either Spotify or Tidal. HDMI arc on naim makes it interesting as I will likely replace my TV soundbar if I went that route.

Once lockdown ends I'll take a trip up to demo some equipment hopefully but just trying to understand the differences in both options.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi window spotter,

apologies for the late response..

..I have not personally heard the Kef Meta version yet -the Mk1 LS50 are really exceptional ( and super value in Euro!) and are pretty much teh 'go-to' product if you want something compact / stylish and sounding super ...

...however, then you went and brought up the NAIM Uniti Atom - and that complicates things completely :D - the Atom for example with a pair of B & W 606 or even better a pair of compact Monitor Audio Silver 50 in a really nice Piano Lacquer Gloss finish will sound far better and of course give you more functionality - but of course it will also cost more.

Really you have got to get the pen and pad out and make a list of priorities..

If compact is critical then I would highly recommend the LS50

If you want to compromise between compact and best audio quality then I would recommend the NAIM route - the NAIM route will also allow you to upgrade the speakers - do you really need bookshelf speakers - the Uniti Atom will drive really top-end floorstanding speakers and sound amazing - so with the NAIM you also have a clear upgrade path..

...saying all that - I actually have a sealed box pair of LS50 sitting in a guest room at the moment that I keep meaning to set up - so I am a convert..

Keep us posted and happy to demo at any stage for you - just keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.