Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is curvy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Rozie wrote:
    I dispise that because you're the exact kind that would say transsexuality is a choice too, ignoring just about every point of research that says otherwise.

what is it with your and your transsexuality?!
    it has NOTHING to do with the arguement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Seraphina wrote:

Don't you just love the internet? Arguing with a "not by choice" transsexual about obese people.

WOO!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Seraphina wrote:
    i hope i can change today...

hi sepraphina , ive made my comment in tis arguement , but im wondering what your looking to change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Sarge wrote:
    hi sepraphina , ive made my comment in tis arguement , but im wondering what your looking to change ?

bit off topic - tis from a Katatonia song - Passing Bird.
    eh yeah its far too long and complicated and personal to get into on a public board :)

Seraphina wrote:
    bit off topic - tis from a Katatonia song - Passing Bird.
    eh yeah its far too long and complicated and personal to get into on a public board :)

Going to have to download this now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Seraphina wrote:

I love this kind of reaction - no doubt someone will go on to say what an attention whore I am for daring make reference to it, than I'm constantly looking for sympathy, etc., which is pure ****. Did you even bother to read the context it was in? It was a perfectly valid example. As a person who happens to have things going on in their life(which I should hope is the case for everyone), I used an example I Knew a lot about.

I really, really despise the way I can't even mention something like that without being called an attention whore. Yes, I do bring it up a lot, but only because it's dominating my life right now and thus is the easiest comparison for me to draw in many situations. Not to mention I'm not the one who even brought it up in this argument(s).
    Rozie you are totally misinterpreting what I'm saying.

Although the bit where you say "you're the exact kind that would say transsexuality is a choice too, ignoring just about every point of research that says otherwise" makes me realise you are insane, so this conversation is over as far as I'm concerned!

Why does it make me insane, exactly? It was a perfectly valid example.

Right ive been following this thread very careful and i think its gone off the original topic an awful lot. Lets bring it back to the original topic. what is curvy to you and drop the references to your transexuality it has noting to do with the question .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Rozie wrote:
    Nobody's making a morphine addict inject, either, y'know.
    Stupid comment I think I'll CHOOSE to ignore it.

Rozie wrote:
    13 stone at 5"11 is fat?!? I'm 16 stone at 5"11 and nobody seems to think I'm fat(I do have a large frame though).
    I'm 11.2 stone now at 6"1, I've broad shoulders but I'm continuing to try to get my body fat under 10%. I'd consider my current weight healthy, and my previous weight unhealthy(for me).
    Rozie wrote:
    And of course, like the good little person you are, you presume it's the same for everyone else as it is for you.
    No, everyone is different and I respect that. BUT, at 6"1 if someone's bodyfat level were over 25%, then I'd class them as obese. I don't go by weight, I go by bodyfat.
    Rozie wrote:
    They're weak. If ever I needed an example for a rather pathetic supriority complex, this is it.
    If they can't stop themselves eating crap foods which are proven to be bad for them, then yes, they are weak.

Dublindude: WOO!Go Internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Moonspheres

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh so obvious :rolleyes:
    I don't respect people who have no control over themselves.Sorry :rolleyes:

So tell me, do you equate being obese with having "NO control over one's self?"

It doesn't make sense to me. There are an infinite number of facets in each individual's life. Weight is only one of them but it is so important to you that it overshadows all else? You cannot respect a person who is fat?

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong?

Sarge wrote:
    Right ive been following this thread very careful and i think its gone off the original topic an awful lot.

Lol it took a turn off that road a looong time ago!

• Advertisement

Stupid comment I think I'll CHOOSE to ignore it.

How is it a stupid comment? Or is a valid comment that you're ignoring because you know I have a damn good point you can't counter?
    No, everyone is different and I respect that. BUT, at 6"1 if someone's bodyfat level were over 25%, then I'd class them as obese. I don't go by weight, I go by bodyfat.

25% is a relatively low number(To class someone as obese)... it depends where that fat gets put.
    If they can't stop themselves eating crap foods which are proven to be bad for them, then yes, they are weak.

Only because you say so. You have no idea what it's like to see or feel things from their point of view.

Regardless, this isn't going anywhere. It's best to keep it to the "Big Girls" topic.

Rozie wrote:
    25% is a relatively low number(To class someone as obese)... it depends where that fat gets put.
    Em, sorry, if 25%+ of your body is fat you are not healthy. Look it up, I didn't make that figure up.

Damnit I forgot to put in there's a difference between guys and girls. :rolleyes:

I knew I was right when it came to guys though :D

Just read the link that i posted here. Also if your scroll down you can work out your body fat . Mine is 14% which im surprised about , im going to try and get that down too about 10% is perfect , I must admit 25% is a lot lets be honest. I will explain this like im a child. 1 quater of your body is fat ! enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hhhmm I dunno about 25% BF being obese.

I'm 6 1"in height, broad build, 15 stone and my body fat is close to 25%, however I wouldn't consider myself obese, ran the Paris marathon in April and would consider myself reasonably fit and healthy.

Somebody please tell me I'm not obese, the lads at football will crack up if it turns out I am!!!!!

Am I fooling myself??

Hhhmm I dunno about 25% BF being obese.

I'm 6 1"in height, broad build, 15 stone and my body fat is close to 25%, however I wouldn't consider myself obese, ran the Paris marathon in April and would consider myself reasonably fit and healthy.

Somebody please tell me I'm not obese, the lads at football will crack up if it turns out I am!!!!!

Am I fooling myself??

the like of these tests and the BMI are no good if you do any weight training what so ever if you want a accurate count consult your GP

Sarge wrote:
    the like of these tests and the BMI are no good if you do any weight training what so ever if you want a accurate count consult your GP

or your gym, they'll do measurements for you.
    Actually, I think there's an instrument you can buy to do it yourself.

Thanks Sarge, but I checked out my Bfat at the gym yesterday and it is in the 23-25% range. I'm actually quite worried about it now.

Thanks Sarge, but I checked out my Bfat at the gym yesterday and it is in the 23-25% range. I'm actually quite worried about it now.

Consult the fitness forum, they'll most likely give some great suggestions as to how do drop it.

• Advertisement

You know yourself , if you are over weight or not consult your GP but i do know that is you went to join the gardai / army with body fat at 25% and a BMI of over 25% then you would not get in or even past the medical !

Hold on!!
    You know yourself , if you are over weight or not consult your GP but i do know that is you went to join the gardai / army with body fat at 25% and a BMI of over 25% then you would not get in or even past the medical !

Are you saying that even though I'm fit enough to run a marathon in 3hrs 45 that I would be turned down for the Guards and Army on fitness grounds????

Hold on!!
    Are you saying that even though I'm fit enough to run a marathon in 3hrs 45 that I would be turned down for the Guards and Army on fitness grounds????

The army and gardai go by BMI and Body fat .

Man oh man, Right I guess I need to change my diet and exercise plan.

RIGHT NOW!!

Can't believe I'm posting this in a ' What is curvy' thread!!!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT NOW!!

believe me i cant believe it either , this conversation went off topic a long time ago , should of been stopped but hey , no admin on line :(
    but interesting none the less

Good man Sarge, I'll call back to this thread when I have body fat down to 15% range.

Good man Sarge, I'll call back to this thread when I have body fat down to 15% range.

Best of luck , and if your looking for some advice try the fitness forum

RIGHT NOW!!

I honestly hope, since you're obviously extremely fit, that you're taking the piss and not generally being made paranoid by scary statistics :P

oh no....here we go :rolleyes:

Other than that, best of luck rubberduckey, one of the great effects(sine you like running marathons) of getting your BF level down is that you'll become leaner (more aerodynamic as there's less wind resistance) so with your current fitness level you'd most likely improve on your marathon times.

God it's badly gone off topic.
    Isn't Simu the greatest? :D

• Advertisement

edit - was a joke - and late

Advertisement