Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2019, 18:05   #241
fergus1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by boetstark
One week back from Istanbul guys. Had 3700 fue grafts from doctor ziya yavuz at acibadem private hospital. I went through a medical intermediary in UK/ Germany quonomedical. Dr yavuz has 14 years experience and sent copies of all his qualifications and memberships prior to booking. Price was 1850 including guaranteed 3500 grafts , all medication , 2 nights hotel and taxis. He also gave the pre anaesthesia and prp included. I found him very honest , ie realistic expectations regarding hairline and density. He said if I insisted on more than 3500 grafts go elsewhere. As I say when harvesting was completed I got 3700 due to strong donor area. Once procedure was completed he advised that I had achieved full coverage. He was not pushy for a repeat visit next year. Pros. From what I can establish a very good transplant was performed by dr yavuz. He was on hand at all times during transplant and he alone performed the openings for transplanted grafts. He has been in daily contact regarding recovery etc. Cons. I would advise going with a friend or partner. I went on my own and in hindsight having some support would be advised. Procedure was painless once anasthetic took hold but getting anasthetic even with the electric pre anasthesia was not pleasant. 1 week on and donor is definitely sore. Healing has begun and scabs are falling off. I would definitely recommend Dr Yavuz but people saying that this procedure is akin to a dental visit, it is uncomfortable and at times painful.

that's good to know I thought the price was very low with quonomedical so I was put off by it, can you give us monthly updates like the OP if possible ?
Advertisement
23-03-2019, 18:22   #242
boetstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus1001 View Post
that's good to know I thought the price was very low with quonomedical so I was put off by it, can you give us monthly updates like the OP if possible ?
Absolutely. I was concerned about cost differences also. I think that the more expensive options has surgeon performing all of the procedure.
23-03-2019, 18:38   #243
EltonJohn69

Is there a known worlds best surgeon ? If cost wasn’t a factor.,..
23-03-2019, 20:01   #244
BorneTobyWilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by EltonJohn69 View Post
Is there a known worlds best surgeon ? If cost wasn’t a factor.,..

I dunno about worlds best, but this place has amazing results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMKeR3G4GE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJMehqOLqHM

http://www.fuexpert.com/#!
Thanks from:
29-03-2019, 19:10   #245
everlast75

Hi folks,
So i went ahead with Aylesbury on Sunday.
I was in there for 7:30am.
Had a consultation with the team. Very polite people.
Filled out the forms and then they had a look at the area.
I had shaved the donor area but not enough so they had to shave it down some more (number 1).
Took the drugs and went in to lay face down so they could extract from the donor area.
Broke for lunch and they made a decent feed for me.
The second half was more painful. Injections into the scalp. They gave me oxygen to help with the pain.
That part wasn't too long. Maybe 90 mins.
They put 3000 in total front third, with 50 put into the side of the head, where my previous transplant had used as a donor site and was quite bare as a result.
They made another feed which was great as I was starving!
They provided the guarantee that said in 10 months, if less than 90% of the hairs remained, they would rectify that.
There are scabs at the front scalp but with the fact that they didn't shave the top of the head, it isn't *that* noticeable.

Overall, I'm happy its over. I'll have to wait for the result of course 9-10 months away.

I'll put up photos when I get some time to.
Advertisement
29-03-2019, 21:01   #246
boetstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast75 View Post
Hi folks,
So i went ahead with Aylesbury on Sunday.
I was in there for 7:30am.
Had a consultation with the team. Very polite people.
Filled out the forms and then they had a look at the area.
I had shaved the donor area but not enough so they had to shave it down some more (number 1).
Took the drugs and went in to lay face down so they could extract from the donor area.
Broke for lunch and they made a decent feed for me.
The second half was more painful. Injections into the scalp. They gave me oxygen to help with the pain.
That part wasn't too long. Maybe 90 mins.
They put 3000 in total front third, with 50 put into the side of the head, where my previous transplant had used as a donor site and was quite bare as a result.
They made another feed which was great as I was starving!
They provided the guarantee that said in 10 months, if less than 90% of the hairs remained, they would rectify that.
There are scabs at the front scalp but with the fact that they didn't shave the top of the head, it isn't *that* noticeable.

Overall, I'm happy its over. I'll have to wait for the result of course 9-10 months away.

I'll put up photos when I get some time to.
Oxygen sounds good. In Istanbul they used what looked like a small stun gun. Sore when it was used but took the sting out of injections.
I'm now almost 2 weeks since transplant. All scabs gone. Donor area has become quiet painful. I found pure aloe vera helps. Not shedding yet. I was thinking of using rogaine to prevent shedding but surgeon advised against.
Like you said awaiting final results.
29-03-2019, 22:40   #247
EltonJohn69

how long does it take that you can be out in public without a hat and people not notice the surgery on the head ?
Thanks from:
30-03-2019, 06:35   #248
boetstark

Quote:
how long does it take that you can be out in public without a hat and people not notice the surgery on the head ?
It was about day 10. Hair had grown so donor area and scab / crust had gone. Transplant area had lost all scabs also. I was still careful last day or two with the sun.
Thanks from:
03-04-2019, 16:19   #249

Hey lads I am 5 months after hair transplant with Dr Acar in Cosmedica and couldn't be happierðŸ‘4900 grafts.
Advertisement
03-04-2019, 18:28   #250
EltonJohn69

4900 ! That’s a high number
03-04-2019, 18:44   #251

Yeah cosmedica can transplant up to 5000 in one session. The surgery was 10 hours long. Have no regrets and delighted with the way things are going.
Thanks from:
03-04-2019, 18:46   #252
boetstark

Quote:
4900 ! That’s a high number
Yeah thought the same. Esthetic hair promised me 5000 grafts. Dr yavuz told me that my donor area would have been over harvested if they took that many.
Thanks from:
03-04-2019, 18:51   #253

Cosmedica can transplant hair from your beard for extra coverage, if u don't have enough on your donar area, they did that with me. I have all pics.
03-04-2019, 19:18   #254
boetstark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela Deep Igloo View Post
Cosmedica can transplant hair from your beard for extra coverage, if u don't have enough on your donar area, they did that with me. I have all pics.
Sounds good. Do you mind me asking if you had a large bald patch or were the extra grafts for density. Thanks
03-04-2019, 19:25   #255

Just very very thin all over. If u pm me ur number I can send u on pics.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion