Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Sairus to my rescue!!!!!

Sairus to my rescue!!!!!

If there is something of interest that I can post on SF.ie, I will always be there :pac:

EDIT:

On a very minor UMvC3 note, Yaya, a professional cosplayer from the US will be one of this year's guests at Eirtakon. She's also one of the official models for the Capcom Fight Club in New York tomorrow (she'll be Felicia).

It's all connected!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Will have to get registered for that, not let it sneak up on me like NomCon did. :pac:

Capcom Unity are doing a Live Stream from Gamescom at the moment. Plenty of UMvC3 footage to digest now.
    Nemesis can fire rockets diagonally up too. Good man.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/1810229

Niitsuma had an interview earlier too:

There is at least one new mode in UMvC3 that has not been announced yet.

Every character was given a rebalance of some sort. This includes DLC characters Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine.

Marvel was particularly strict about Doctor Strange’s representation in the game, specifically his moveset and phrases.

The online component of the game is getting a serious overhaul – terrible online play is one of the largest complaints about MvC3.

All characters will be unlocked when you start the game.

Defeating an opponent without getting hit will now yield a ‘Perfect’ screen. Niitsuma did not want to add this feature, but feedback from EVO changed his mind.

The in game HUD (lifebars, timers, etc) has been finalised.

There will be a new, large trailer coming soon that Niitsuma claimed will reveal a lot about the new game. I imagine this will be coming around the time of the Tokyo Game Show in September.

Expect the character themes for the new characters to be uploaded to the UMvC3 website soon.

There will be a new strategy guide for UMvC3 like the Brady Games guide for MvC3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Sairus wrote: »

The in game HUD (lifebars, timers, etc) has been finalised.

Gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Sairus wrote: »

There will be a new strategy guide for UMvC3 like the Brady Games guide for MvC3.

This actually makes me really happy. That strategy guide was amazing and contains just a ridiculous amount about the game, including frame data for every move. It really is the MVC bible, it's that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Slighly off-topic...

Just bought MvC3 and having problems searching for games in the same region as me. Cant find any lobbys or games if i set the region to "same", but if i set to any i will find games but mostly with players in the US and Japan. Dont tell me same region search means Ireland and not the whole of Europe :confused:

Yeah online has dropped since ultimate was announced. Try player matches. Ranked for me is crap. Getting bodied by galactic lords is painful

Just tried to make a same region lobby there and i couldnt then i tried an any region lobby and it worked. Wtf is the story here. Did a google search and cant find anyone similiar problems :confused: Man this is frustrating, but not as frustrating as trying to play against Ozzies, Japanese and Americans :mad::mad::mad:

If any of yez happen to be playing online do a quick lobby create for me and see if you can make a same region lobby, cheers.

Im on PS3 btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

MVC3 is a joke online. Its not worth the heartache in my opinion, it nearly drove me crazy.

I'm on xbox so no idea what psn is like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've been playing ranked on psn a lot the last few days. The easiest way to find a game is with quick match. The netcode is actually quite decent in this game, just the matchmaking and features are bad.

Go into training mode with fight request on. Should find one fast enough

I can actually find games in both ranked and player IF i put the setting on "Any" for the region, but have never found a game with the region setting on "Same". And all games i played in where with people outside Europe which i assume would be our "region"
    Anyways thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

yeah ive had my ups and downs with the online in this while the netcode is not the worst matchmaking sucks beginners should not be fighting lords when you have the skill level on same.:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

With Nitsuma's constant stressing of how much Marvel has been effecting character choice and this popping up, I wonder how long itll be til rocket raccoon the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

At first I was like: :D

But then I was like: :pac:

I think this belongs here

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/27/at-the-age-of-8-noah-quot-the-prodigy-quot-solis-lands-enviable-job.aspx

Wonder how long they will keep him or if Evo was a fluke

Reveal trailer for Phoenix Wright:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30490847&postcount=12020

Rumoured list of reveals for TGS. Take it with a grain of salt though since UMvC3 is actually not on the confirmed list of games for TGS, despite the game being out in 2 months with only half of the new characters revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Seth Killian just tweeted the following:
    UMVC3 is def somehow a part of TGS--if not, then someone booked me for a fake stage show :) And yes, there will be new news...

God bless e-stalking/Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

These 2 look strong imo.

Get hype for the greatest 1 inch punch ever.
    Dormammu style glowing hands too.. Except cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Vergil reveal

Plus Gameplay

And I thought Strider looked cool, Vergil looks INSANE! :eek:

Edit: The videos show that Vergil needs to be in Devil Trigger to activate his level 3, effectively making him the only character in the game with a Level 4 hyper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Vergil is looking very stylish indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

J0hnick wrote: »
    Edit: The videos show that Vergil needs to be in Devil Trigger to activate his level 3, effectively making him the only character in the game with a Level 4 hyper

Nah. I just shows he can still execute hypers while in Devil mode, nothing more. Dante can do the same thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fun Iron Fist facts for the non Marvelites out there:

Iron Fists abilities are remarkably similar plot wise to Ryu and Ken: He is able to focus his chi to grant temporary speed and strength. The "Iron Fist" for which he is named is where he concentrates so hard his hand becomes like iron and glows ("shoryuken...") but he is temporarily drained after use.

Iron fists power levels though would probably be closer to Akuma than Ryus though, he is supposed to be vastly beyond human when concentrating.

Super Skrull spent some time pretending to be Iron Fist, so hopefully they will have some amusing interaction.

Iron Fist has spent time in turn running around as DareDevil, so hopefully we'll get a DD alt for him, which I'd mark out for.

Most importantly for Doyler- Iron Fist spent time in the New Avengers... that's the Captain America side in the civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Vergil plays exactly as I expected him to, which guarantees him a spot in my Day 1 team.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What Doyler said, both these characters have the look of solid upper mid tier at the very least. Both of them are getting tested by me on day 1, that's for sure. I especially think Iron fist is looking super strong. I like his moveset a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Voa wrote: »
    Nah. I just shows he can still execute hypers while in Devil mode, nothing more. Dante can do the same thing.

I know, Ive been playing Dante since day 1 in MVC3. Non of the videos show Vergil in human form doing that Hyper, plus he transforms back into human form at the end regardless of how much time he has left on Devil Trigger, this doesn't happen when Dante does his lvl3 in Devil Trigger mode.

It could just be that deactivates DT at the end regardless, kind of like how Zero's Shadow mode deactivates if he performs a snapback (although that was only done to fix a game breaking glitch). It could also be a coincidence and there just doesn't happen to be nay footage of him doing the move in human form yet, its early days.

Advertisement