Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

****in awesome. Just saw the vids now. Did'nt honestly think there'd ever be a cross over between these 2. I am so hype for this!!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My excitement can not be conveyed into words... It's just... AGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

OK, I've seen the video, now I'm sold!

The hype is just.... ARGH! I can't believe this is happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

ITT: A lot of people not sleeping tonight. :pac:

Hype Get!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

This is gonna be crap.

LOL JK CANT WAIT, Im getting both, gonna be brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

CrinkElite wrote: »
    That's just streetfighter with the characters from tekken in it.

not interested! :mad:

are you smoking crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
    this will be amazing, better than that marvel s**t.

dont know how the tekken chars will fare against the sfs with fireballs though......... but it will definately be really good. tekken lost its way after tekken tag.

also, sf chars in a 3d playing field from namcos side............:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Im rly drunk but jesus ****ing christ i just hyped in my pants

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Whateva etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Haha can wait to see how Eddy Gordo plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dracucard

i love both tekken and street fighter and i really NEVER though this would happen so im mad hyped and ill just have to get both capcom and namcos games :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Haha can wait to see how Eddy Gordo plays.
    LOL. A one button character in SF....should be a gas! At least it'll give beginners a chance to win. I hope he's not in it TBH, I'd much rather Bryan Fury or someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

It wasn't an OMG moment for me but was certainly interesting! I'll give the 2d game a go. Not botherd with the 3d.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As long as there's no attacking floored characters, it shouldn't be too bad.

Wonder if it will have run instead of dash.

The Tekken X Street Fighter game will probably be crap. Street Fighter characters will just become generic Tekken characters, fishing for safe launcher into juggle combo as projectiles are useless with side step and Tekken has never really had a ranged game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I have to sayt that I'm really impressed with Kazuya's look in the trailer. He's very clearly Kazuya, but he's also very clearly a Street Fighter character.
    It's also interesting that since they moved to 3D it never really occured to me that they would reuse assets for other games again like all the previous vs games. I'm not sure if I'm happy that it'll now have a shorter development time or sad that I'll know pretty much exactly how the SF cast will play
    (Admitadlly Ryu in MvC2 =! Alpha despite the same sprites, but this demo did look very SFIVish.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

98e63f684d02b13d66cb005c21ce2d60b50dda85.jpg?860070

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Jesus yeah since its the same engine, we could be getting alot of sfIV characters thrown in! Twud be a shame not to add sf characters that have yet to get the 3D look though. Wonder how big the roster will be... There was 45 in tekken 6 and 35 in SSFIV so if they just give another 10 to capcom's side it'd be even stevens and we could get 90 characters! :D
    I'd say the actual roster will be in the forties though. Cant see it getting past 50.

Though all eddy/christy/lili/and new indian dancing lady whose basically eddie again should get removed.... They haunt my nightmares:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

the tekken chars in a sf game would work quite well if they give them alot of juggle potential on their moves, other than that all they really lose is an ability to side step. although the tekken move list is ridiculously big, that would have to be streamlined

on the other hand the sf chars in a tekken game wouldnt work, fireballs are useless, and how do charge chars work in a 3d playing field?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'd imagine that a lot of moves will be remapped. Tatsunoko and Marvel already slash the number of move buttons used. Even with this game's somewhat more serious approach, the controls still need to appeal to the Wii generation.

Right now, this game doesn't excite me too much. I don't play Tekken. I don't hate it, I just never got into it. If it's close enough the SF4 I may get it just to have a mass of new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I just imagine it will be exactly like SF4 just with Tekken characters, and the same for Tekken 4.

zzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Aw man, SF V Tekken?

Namco are limiting themselves to that?

I was hoping for something using a better/more established series.

Like Soul Calibur.

Or Pac-Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30596?cmpid=0101 Better quality video.

Game is looking great, I know its most likely going to change ALOT before its released but even just that demo got me hyped. Seeing Kazuya hit all his signature moves, EWGF, HS, was great to watch.

I wonder if it actually will be a tag game or were they just assist only characters, ala Vanguard Princess.

I can see myself only using Tekken characters in SF X T and vice versa.

If Bob makes it in, I will freak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm excited for this but i imagine it will be a nightmare to balance this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

animaX wrote: »
    I'm excited for this but i imagine it will be a nightmare to balance this :(

Don't worry, Rufus probably won't make the cut. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Don't worry, Rufus probably won't make the cut. :pac:

They're not going to deny a rufus/bob matchup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Very excited for this. Couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the gameplay video. Never thought these guys would work on a crossover game together.

Im more looking forward to the Namco game cause of the fact i havent been "into" the SF games since SF2 on the SNES :rolleyes: Where as im a Tekken 6 player. I think Namco has there harder job trying to implement the projectiles and small move list of a SF game into a Tekken game. I may actually splash out on an arcade stick for the SFxT game. I tried playing SF4 with the PS3 d-pad and its so damn inacurate at times. Not to mention thumb burn :(

Looking forward to some TxSF gameplay vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Game looks legit. It could be the pseudo TTT 2, just with capcom style. Tagging in and out and doing tag combos like in TTT would be awesome. But still having 1 on 1 for the most part. I see the Namco characters all have a weave to go through fireballs, just speculation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Game looks legit. It could be the pseudo TTT 2, just with capcom style. Tagging in and out and doing tag combos like in TTT would be awesome. But still having 1 on 1 for the most part. I see the Namco characters all have a weave to go through fireballs, just speculation.

Maybe they'll have some kind of enhanced focus to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    I see the Namco characters all have a weave to go through fireballs, just speculation.

Could be a universal feature that uses a small bit of meter.

I'm most interested in seeing how jumping attacks are handled in both games. Tekken isn't exactly a jump happy game and every SF character has at least twelve different jumping attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

VF vs Tekken would have been fun.

Advertisement