Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fishnet Tights with Shoes

• 18-11-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I have only ever worn fishnets once and that was with boots anda mini skirt and i thought i looked like a bit of a hooker.

But i was wondering can you wear fish nets with a paid of heals and a knee skirt. I have only really seen people were fish nets with boots.

Comments

no just no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sure, why not! I think it would look cool.

It might be an idea to wear another pair of sheer tights underneath them in winter, though!

maybe!Its just fishnet tights have a stigma attached to them that indicates you are slutty

I think that stigma is long-gone tbh. You can even get fishnets in Dunnes Stores these days!

You won't look remotely slutty as long as the rest of the outfit is funky or elegant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

maybe!Its just fishnet tights have a stigma attached to them that indicates you are slutty
    There's nothing wrong with that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

simu wrote:
    Sure, why not! I think it would look cool.

It might be an idea to wear another pair of sheer tights underneath them in winter, though!

Yeah in fairness its a brown knee lenght classy skirt with brown fishnets and pink (not tacky) high heals and i will be wearing a little pink jumper. I have not tried the outfit on but in my minds eye i thin it looks alright.

Funnily enough i met my current man wearing the fishnets that one time and mini skirt so i must not have looked to tarty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As long as they're not large-holed fishnets, then you should be OK.

dudara wrote:

Yeah - they don't really look good on anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

dudara wrote:

O god no, they are the tight holed ones Dunnes or Penneys best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Does anyone else here think that fishnet stockings look extremely unattractive?

• Advertisement

yes quite unattractive especially if the girl has chunky legs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, fishnets are hot. You can rarely go wrong with them imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

^ He speaks the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

tbh, I think fishnets are horrible. Smooth silky stockings are where it's at!
    Cl&#225 wrote: »
    Funnily enough i met my current man wearing the fishnets that one time..

I'm sure most men have worn fishnets once or twice. Don't worry about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Fishnets or stripey tights are the only tights I wear. I love them with my Doc Martens or New Rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Most definetly the stigma is long gone. As has been said, Dunnes and Penney's sell them and there are alot of young ladies around these days who wear them. They look cool with a funky outfit. My missus wears them on occasion and looks fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nightwish wrote:
    Fishnets or stripey tights are the only tights I wear. I love them with my Doc Martens or New Rocks.

Pics please. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Cl&#225 wrote: »
    Funnily enough i met my current man wearing the fishnets that one time and mini skirt so i must not have looked to tarty :p

I'll think you'll find its because you lookede tarty you found your current man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pics please. :D
    Nightwish is a dude who likes tights, stay clear karl :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

they do in my fcuk, I wear them the whole time, under short jeans and all.
    Go for it, if you're comfortable and you are confident in how it looks tem wear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Nightwish is a dude who likes tights, stay clear karl :D
    :eek:

Advertisement