Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Bargain Alerts App on Windows Phone 7

• 02-12-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

There is an app that's free on Window phone 7 marketplace. It lists all the bargin alerts on boards with a link to the thread which is handy, but even more handy is that is shows iBood and gruupy daily bargains too!
    Cool app!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Could someone post up screenshots? I'd be interested to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - would be interested if there is also an android one.

Although I'm wary of someone who has only 3 posts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Go to http://www.bing.com/visualsearch.

Go to whatever market, select top windows phone apps. Search on "Bargain Alerts".

Its all silverlight so no screenshots. I suppose I could do it but I dont have the time, and theres not much of a screenshot.

I'll see if I can find it later on the marketplace and post back. I don't mind installing it. Windows Phone are doing what they can to not allow dodgy apps. They might be crap, but not dodgy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

You can see the app without Zune here: http://www.marketplacebrowser.com/227899/bargain-alerts

Screenshot:
    ?width=100&height=100

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Screenshots from device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

I'm not sure how to get screen shots off the phone. But basically there's 3 panes the first is the list of all bargain alerts post here and they are up to date, the second one is for ibood that displays the image, description and price with a link to the site and last one is for gruupy with image, description, price and link

to deadl0ck what does "Although I'm wary of someone who has only 3 posts....." mean?

its free and handy for keeping up to date with bargains on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Sorry. But it often happens that posters appear and post an "alert" with not much detail and it turns out they are trying to hawk their own wares...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just installed this app on my HD7....very handy, thanks to the dev!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Installed it last night. Not bad. Handy for ibood and gruupy. Don't think I'd use it for here though. Links bring you to www.boards rather than m.boards which is a bit of a pain.

Plus out of the times I ran it, 2 times it failed to connect to boards. Shouldnt complain, it was free. I assume the dev is someone that looks at BA so thats my brief feedback.

Advertisement