Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-02-2020, 22:37   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnifferous View Post
Well I guess fair enough if the estate agents have identified another demographic that they can squeeze more than the rest of us!
There is no shortage of that demographic. There are a lot of very wealthy people in Greystones and more moving in there. If you think those prices are insane look at Marina Village prices.

Quote:
No matter if you're taking out finance or a cash buyer I still think that is an insane asking price for that property but I guess time will tell
I agree.
Advertisement
24-02-2020, 14:20   #137
pixbyjohn

Churchlands 20th February 2020

Churchlands 24-02-2020 by Pixbyjohn, on Flickr
(2) thanks from:
24-02-2020, 14:22   #138
pixbyjohn

Churchlands 24-02-2020 by Pixbyjohn, on Flickr
(2) thanks from:
07-03-2020, 09:40   #139
sineadmur

Moved to Greystones last year and working locally. Hoping to buy a 3 bed new build by the end of this year. Any advice ?

I think the first phase of Churchlands is sold out? Would be interested in this development, but concerned about ‘problem’ estate mentioned earlier in this thread? I’m currently living in the Blacklion area, and tbh in comparison to where I’m from in south Wicklow, I have seen little to no anti-social behaviour. From people who have bought off plans, is there a maintenance fee ? And roughly how much extra was it for a south facing garden ?

Right now I feel Waverley and the new SeaGreen houses launched are just out of my price zone 😢 No sign of house prices going down either ..
Especially with Eastmount starting at 485000..

Thanks!
08-03-2020, 20:06   #140
Rockford1

I would touch base with the agent regarding phase 2 as phase 1 is sold out. I would expect a typical price increase for phase 2. The agent should be in a position to give an indication. There is no maintenance fee in Churchlands. South facing I believe was circa 7k-10k additional in phase 1.
Apologies to you on behalf of the idiot that brought up “problem estates”. The person evidently is unfamiliar with the area. There is no area in the country completely segregated from less well off communities. Take one of the most exclusive addresses in Dublin- The Vico Rd in Killiney. This is less then 500 metres away from Ballybrack village which is known for antisocial behaviour.
Advertisement
08-03-2020, 22:03   #141
meallat

Just visited the site this evening up at the Phase 2 area near the water. They’re working on a row of 3 bed semi detached houses with sea views and they seem to be flying up! Great progress in the last 7 days since I last visited. Anyone have any idea when we can expect show houses / official launch? Also what’s the craic with Phase one not being completed before they start building Phase two?
08-03-2020, 22:09   #142
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by meallat View Post
Just visited the site this evening up at the Phase 2 area near the water. They’re working on a row of 3 bed semi detached houses with sea views and they seem to be flying up! Great progress in the last 7 days since I last visited. Anyone have any idea when we can expect show houses / official launch? Also what’s the craic with Phase one not being completed before they start building Phase two?
Developers want to get the houses built quickly so they can get them sold.

The phases are really just groups that they release houses for sale in. In reality they'll be physically building many phases at the same time.
09-03-2020, 09:47   #143
Cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford1 View Post
I would touch base with the agent regarding phase 2 as phase 1 is sold out. I would expect a typical price increase for phase 2. The agent should be in a position to give an indication. There is no maintenance fee in Churchlands. South facing I believe was circa 7k-10k additional in phase 1.
Apologies to you on behalf of the idiot that brought up “problem estates”. The person evidently is unfamiliar with the area. There is no area in the country completely segregated from less well off communities. Take one of the most exclusive addresses in Dublin- The Vico Rd in Killiney. This is less then 500 metres away from Ballybrack village which is known for antisocial behaviour.
well said
09-03-2020, 21:56   #144
meallat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford1 View Post

Do you know what the pricing is for the 4 bed semi-ds in phase 2? Even approx? Found it hard to get an answer out of the agent..
Advertisement
11-03-2020, 07:00   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by meallat View Post
Found it hard to get an answer out of the agent..
That is because the agent is trying to inflate the price even more but doesn't know how far he can push it. It very difficult to get the balance between outrageous yet achievable and simply unaffordable just right.

Take the price for the previous phase, add 50k and you won't be too far off.
Thanks from:
20-03-2020, 01:55   #146
randypriest

It looks like the global and domestic economies will crash and crash very badly because of COVID19.

What do we think this will mean for the Greystones / Delgany property market? In particular, Churchlands and Eastmount?

In my own view, the Churchlands / Eastmount prices were way overvalued to start and those who bought in the first phase will have overpaid a significant amount when subsequent phases are launched.
Thanks from:
20-03-2020, 06:31   #147

Most people are expecting a significant drop in property prices across the country.
20-03-2020, 07:26   #148
JustAThought

Don’t touch any estate or house that has a so called management fee.

Or known social problems in the area.It inly takes ine familly to ruin a street and make your life a nightmare. There are whole threads on it and how the gaurds are powerless.You dont want go be caught in negativd equity in a trap like that.

As for half a mlilion upwards for a semi d in a traffic block in Delgany - are you absolutely insane?
20-03-2020, 07:54   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
Don’t touch any estate or house that has a so called management fee.
There are very few places with no management fees, especially around Greystones.
20-03-2020, 08:03   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
As for half a mlilion upwards for a semi d in a traffic block in Delgany - are you absolutely insane?
Each to their own, but I wonder if all of it will go ahead now that margins will be reduced and many that planned to buy will be forced to reconsider??

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion