Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Hunchback wrote: »
    I wish I could get enough time off work to get this done

You can get it done in 2 days and within about 10 days the scabs fall off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hunchback wrote: »
    I wish I could get enough time off work to get this done

If work will let you wear a hat, then nobody will notice. Just keep wearing the hat for 2 months pre op and then you'll just be the guy who wears a hat

I think people can tell fairly easily when someone's had it done so I think just best get out front and acknowledge it. I've mine booked and the whole office knows. It's 2020, nothing to be embarrassed about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

All depends on the hair loss you have pre op whether or not somebody will be able to tell.

Really? I just think it would be adundantly clear either way.

• Advertisement

Nope had it done 7 months ago and after 2 weeks nobody batted an eyelid when i met them. I had let my top hair grow prior to the op and and i always comb my hair forward so i was able to comb over the new hair line and temples. It only works if you have receding hairline pattern that you have been covering up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Monokne wrote: »
    I think people can tell fairly easily when someone's had it done so I think just best get out front and acknowledge it. I've mine booked and the whole office knows. It's 2020, nothing to be embarrassed about. :)

I told everyone too.

One of the lads gave me a brochure for a barbers in town the other day at break :: " you'll be needing this now that you've rejoined that club."

I guess the hair must be coming along pretty well lol

Im just pointing out you dont need to tell anybody you had it done if you have enough hair left on top, some guys dont want people knowing and thats their business.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Im just pointing out you dont need to tell anybody you had it done if you have enough hair left on top, some guys dont want people knowing and thats their business.

I'm not suggesting you need to.

I do struggle to believe no-one would notice though, but I can imagine that if you kept it private people would be disinclined to bring it up so at least you don't have to discuss it which I suppose is the end goal so I can understand.

I do struggle to believe no-one would notice though, but I can imagine that if you kept it private people would be disinclined to bring it up so at least you don't have to discuss it which I suppose is the end goal so I can understand.

haha if my friends ever found out i would never hear the end of it, a few people have commented that my hair looks thicker and i have just said new gel and new barber, its not going to be blatantly obvious if you already combed your hair forward to cover your receding hairline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Tommy Pickle

Your new hair takes 10 months to fully grow back, it happens so gradually that no one would notice. Its not like you change overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Okay, this is going to sound crazy and narcissistic and micro, but,

My issue was that I couldn't get the time off work to have this done.

Was temporarily laid off on Monday.

Could last 6 months, I'm told (I work for a small business).

I have my fingers crossed now that after about 4 months it becomes apparent that the pandemic is subsiding and I can make the trip to Turkey before I have to go back to work. I am hoping that it becomes generally accepted that international travel is declared to be safe a month or two before I get called back to work (and also hoping that I have a career to go back to!).

Who knows, there may even be some special offers (although, I am not looking to scrimp and save on this decision, at all!).

In my list of potential silver linings, this is kinda very much up there

Fingers crossed for you hunchback. Sorry to hear you were laid off.

I've Istanbul booked for August. Hoping that will still be do-able.

Fingers crossed for you hunchback. Sorry to hear you were laid off.

I've Istanbul booked for August. Hoping that will still be do-able.

It's sound. We're all in this together!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BeMAD

Hi all, I am looking into getting a FUE transplant but because of travel restrictions I am looking at Ireland. From the thread it seems that people have gone through Ailesbury and Dr.Nel but was wondering if anyone has any experience with Premier Hair Restoration Clinic and if anyone has any results they wouldn't mind sharing?

Don't have any info on Irish clinics but FYI believe the Turkish ones will be open over the summer. I have a booking for August and they've informed me they will be open by the end of May.

Went to dr nel 9 and half months ago, hair growing in nicely now, i got 2041 fue grafts done unshaved, so essentially nobody knew i had it done, getting a few comments lately but shrugged it of as change of barber and covid 19 so cant cut my hair. IF it keeps improving which im told it does i will be more than happy. I have seen a guy at work who went to turkey and his hair has not turned out great. his donor hair was over harvested and you can see patches on the back of his head, dr nel told me he gets lots of guys coming back to correct being butchered in turkey so just be careful. Staying in Ireland and in my own bed the night after the op was just such a hassle free experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BeMAD

Went to dr nel 9 and half months ago, hair growing in nicely now, i got 2041 fue grafts done unshaved, so essentially nobody knew i had it done, getting a few comments lately but shrugged it of as change of barber and covid 19 so cant cut my hair. IF it keeps improving which im told it does i will be more than happy. I have seen a guy at work who went to turkey and his hair has not turned out great. his donor hair was over harvested and you can see patches on the back of his head, dr nel told me he gets lots of guys coming back to correct being butchered in turkey so just be careful. Staying in Ireland and in my own bed the night after the op was just such a hassle free experience.

How much was Dr.Nel for 2000 grafts. Don't need an exact price but just looking for a rough estimate and What made you pick Dr.Nel over other clinics in Ireland?

Very interesting post - thank you.

BeMAD wrote: »
    How much was Dr.Nel for 2000 grafts. Don't need an exact price but just looking for a rough estimate and What made you pick Dr.Nel over other clinics in Ireland?

Was 4 euro per graft but he generally implants aprox 10% more during surgery but essentially 4euro. I chose him because he wasn't a salesman,seemed honest about expectations and showed me good results he had done previously. Be careful in turkey as i said the guy in work the back of his head looks patchy and you can see clearly where they took the grafts from. After 10 days you couldn't tell i had anything removed from the back of my head. Some results in turkey are amazing like sppedboatchase on here but i have since haerd the doc he went to has been churning out poor results as he tries to do too many patients in a day and essentially over-sees surgery rather than do it himself. Dr nel makes all the incisions which is the most important part and implants a good share of the grafts too. As i said im not fully there with results yet but the last 6 weeks it has really come on nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 patrickmc23

Was looking at Tir na Nog clinic, would anyone recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Was looking at Tir na Nog clinic, would anyone recommend?

Would never trust a company that claims to be as big as they do.
    Three clinics in Dublin all with same landline and mobile number.

Here is a better option for you maybe.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/raX5W2K

20/20 wrote: »
    Would never trust a company that claims to be as big as they do.
    Three clinics in Dublin all with same landline and mobile number.

Here is a better option for you maybe.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/raX5W2K

Not sure your logic bears scrutiny.

Would you buy a cola drink off Coke or do you find them suspicious and stick to a local homebrew? :confused:

Not sure your logic bears scrutiny.

Firstly I believe in spending my money in Ireland and supporting Ireland.
    Not flying of to Turkey to save a few quid.
    I rang the Tir na Nog clinic about treatment and they took my details but never called me back, then studying the website and the so called three clinics around the city with one phone number things didnt add up.
    I also cant find any independent reviews anywhere about them. On this thread you have patrickmc23 with just two posts asking about them and on this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057842244 you have Miky10 also with just two posts raving about how good the are. One of the owners of Tir Na Nog had a web design business and to me the whole website stinks of spoof.

20/20 wrote: »
    Firstly I believe in spending my money in Ireland and supporting Ireland.
    Not flying of to Turkey to save a few quid.

I rang the Tir na Nog clinic about treatment and they took my details but never called me back, then studying the website and the so called three clinics around the city with one phone number things didnt add up.
    I also cant find any independent reviews anywhere about them. On this thread you have patrickmc23 with just two posts asking about them and on this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057842244 you have Miky10 also with just two posts raving about how good the are. One of the owners of Tir Na Nog had a web design business and to me the whole website stinks of spoof.

I think they are based in Ireland aren't they? Not sure what the point you're making here is :confused:

I think they are based in Ireland aren't they? Not sure what the point you're making here is :confused:

Your confused about a lot. I hope you know the difference between cola and COKE. Tir Na Nog are based in Ireland and that's why I called them, but now I wouldn't trust them at all as I think their whole site is just spin. The poster patrickmc23 asked about Tir Na Nog.
    But you on the other hand say your flying off to Turkey for a transplant. I believe in supporting Ireland.

You're*

Cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 patrickmc23

I don’t use the often, that why I only have 2 posts. I only asked as I can’t see many reviews on online. Not sure what your point is? Just looking for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 davozc

Due to go into Dr nel in a few weeks to get something similar. Feeling nervous about it now. But adopting the same mentality stay local. Any chance I could ask you a few questions about your experience outside of this thread?

• Advertisement

davozc wrote: »
    Due to go into Dr nel in a few weeks to get something similar. Feeling nervous about it now. But adopting the same mentality stay local. Any chance I could ask you a few questions about your experience outside of this thread?

Good luck with it. I believe he is very good.

Advertisement