Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Criminal Inquiry launched into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,598 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol whaaaaaaaat

“Internet Research Agency is a hoax”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol whaaaaaaaat

Evidence. Pretty simple request. Got any?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Overheal wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Wasnt expecting any evidence from you Mr Maddow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did you read my effing post and who I was talking to? Not everything is about you, Pete.

Apologies, I was wearing a towel.
    Flynn pled guilty to criminal charges...

He pled guilty because of the case they had built against him but part of that (from what is alleged now) is how they framed him.

There were financial factors also ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So Attorney General William Barr’s investigation into the 2016 spying on Trump's campaign is now a criminal probe. Is the curtain on the biggest crime the USA has ever faced about to be lifted?

From reports over the last two years that the DNC's media handmaidens don't seem to want us to know... John Brennan, James Clapper, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Rod Rosenstein, Sally Yates, Bruce Ohr, Andrew Weissmannm, Loretta Elizabeth Lynch, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Samantha Jane Power, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama might want to lawyer up.

Oh, wait… some already have after the news broke that it’s now a criminal investigation.

If they’ve done nothing wrong they’ve got nothing to hide, right? That’s the standard Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler has applied to the Trump White House... while violating every historic precedent and simple common decency.

I do hope the criminal investigations and reports from Barr, Durham and Horowitz get to the bottom of the crimes committed in in the election campaign and potential coup once Trump was elected, and exposes the real criminals... and doesn't follow the DNC’s playbook of justice of guilt first, fill in the blanks later, and then have a show trial.

Or should it be what is good for the goose is good for the gander?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

About time too as now Durham can issue subpoenas. Some had been refusing requests to be interviewed when it was just a 'review'....

Like the WH telling people not to engage when it's just an 'inquiry'?
    If I were an American tax payer I'd be pissed at this PR stunt and Barr, once again, showing himself up to be a bought shill for Trump.

"PR Stunt" lol :P

Like the WH telling people not to engage when it's just an 'inquiry'?
    If I were an American tax payer I'd be pissed at this PR stunt and Barr, once again, showing himself up to be a bought shill for Trump.
    Ah yes, the DNC talking points.

I see Schiff and Nadler have emerged from their Spanish inquisition dungeon to express outrage and claim “the rule of law will suffer new and irreparable damage.”

WHAT A JOKE!

These are the two biggest culprits of damaging the rule of law for partisan purposes that I may have ever seen.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Lads, it's a waste of tax payer money and a stunt. Nothing will come of it. He's basically chasing down people for investigating the democratic system wasn't compromised. He's as credible as Barr...not at all.

Lads, it's a waste of tax payer money and a stunt. Nothing will come of it. He's basically chasing down people for investigating the democratic system wasn't compromised. He's as credible as Barr...not at all.
    The biggest crime in the republic’s existence is a waste of time and a stunt?

Oh, how the cries of desperation brought on by guilt have become quite grotesque.

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »

Oh, how the cries of desperation brought on by guilt have become quite grotesque.

Wait, you privy to the judgement when the investigation has just begun?

Do you not see the irony?

I know defending the indefensible is tough, but don't take out your frustrations on the United States.
    You folk really have no respect for your country.

Wait, you privy to the judgement when the investigation has just begun?

Do you not see the irony?

I know defending the indefensible is tough, but don't take out your frustrations on the United States.
    You folk really have no respect for your country.
    It's IMHO based on two years of reports the Democrat's media handmaidens have tried to suppress, unlike the the DNC's current playbook of justice... 'Show me the man and I'll show you the crime.'

Ah yes, the DNC talking points.

I see Schiff and Nadler have emerged from their Spanish inquisition dungeon to express outrage and claim “the rule of law will suffer new and irreparable damage.”

WHAT A JOKE!

These are the two biggest culprits of damaging the rule of law for partisan purposes that I may have ever seen.

Can’t rubbish talking points with crazier talking points. It’s the same “dungeon” Congress uses with great frequency, both parties, and to which Trey Gowdy himself said yesterday he 100% supports as process.

So speaking of cries of desperation: you’re hyping up crimes you have no inkling about? Durham could be trying to prosecute someone who wrote on a “do not write on this page” section of a form. “Biggest crime in the Republican existence” wow really know how to sizzle it up, that old dazzle dazzle.

Plenty of higher crimes in the Republic scream to mind above any and all of this. I mean heck the Tuskegee experiments alone much less the trail of tears and loads of other examples of great black stains on the country.

Nothing will come of it.

That comment won't age well.
    He's basically chasing down people for investigating the democratic system wasn't compromised.

You really believe if all the CIA/FBI did was investigate, that this criminal investigation would now be underway?

It's IMHO based on two years of reports the Democrat's media handmaidens have tried to suppress, unlike the the DNC's current playbook of justice... 'Show me the man and I'll show you the crime.'

You sound like a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist. You could run as a Republican Presidential candidate. I don't care if you get all the Democrats and 'Lock them up'.
    I'd say Trump had a fit after the baseball boos yesterday.

Seriously though, look at your President. It's tough deciding whether to dislike or pity the United States these days. Barr is a disgrace and you've new judges deemed unfit by the bar association. Trump has torn your legal system apart by stacking the deck. Sure it's in your favour but a rigged game does not benefit justice and neither does this trumped up wild goose chase, (see what I did there?).

I'd say Trump had a fit after the baseball boos yesterday.

Yeah, I'd say he was really shocked at getting boos in DC when the vote there for Hillary was 90% to his 4.
    Trump has torn your legal system apart by stacking the deck.

You do realise that the FBI leaked information to the media and stacked the deck in favour of Hillary by doing so, right? And that's the tip of the iceberg by the way.
    Sure it's in your favour but a rigged game does not benefit justice..

You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

It's exactly BECAUSE a rigged game does not benefit justice that the Durham-Barr investigation is underway. You do realise that there is a lot of evidence to show that the FBI was not honest with the FISA courts:
    The email exchanges show the FBI was aware — before it secured the now-infamous warrant — that there were intelligence community concerns about the reliability of the main evidence used to support it: the Christopher Steele dossier.

The exchanges also indicate FBI officials were aware that Steele, the former MI6 British intelligence operative then working as a confidential human source for the bureau, had contacts with news media reporters before the FISA warrant was secured.

The FBI fired Steele on Nov. 1, 2016 — two weeks after securing the warrant — on the grounds that he had unauthorized contacts with the news media.

But the FBI withheld from the American public and Congress, until months later, that Steele had been paid to find his dirt on Trump by a firm doing political opposition research for the Democratic Party and for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, and that Steele himself harbored hatred for Trump.

And that's before we get to the fact the court wasn't informed the DNC funded the dossier, let alone everything surrounding Brennan's role and how he has contradicted himself on important issues.

Then there's Mifsud of course .. but that's all a conspiracy theory, right?

Here's what Barr had to say a few hours ago:

To those of us who’ve been following the efforts to see Democrats try and take out a political opponent with lies, and then his presidency, from the beginning knew a criminal investigation was inevitable once Hillary Clinton lost. I’m happy that some of the main bad actors in the soft coup will potentially see time behind bars. But sadly one main conspirator in all this will walk away scot free… the lying mainstream media. The media were accessories, collaborators, and sometimes even instigated some of the most heinous actions in US history. Chief amongst those bad actors are The New York Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and their arm of the DNC - MSNBC. They were more than willing to pass off lies leaked to them by truly dishonest officials and appointees of the Obama administration and other members of the DNC, and then participated in the cover-up by a lack of reporting/investigating the truth, in an attempt to overthrow an American presidential election.

Unfortunately the press is granted license by the government to spew lies and propaganda to achieve their agenda. It’s now time for the special treatment to stop as their professional integrity has gone down the crapper, and they should be part of the criminal investigation... and pay the price. At a minimum they should have their protections against libel and slander taken away. Hit them in the pocketbook until they decide to report the news in a balanced and unbiased manner.

Yeah, I'd say he was really shocked at getting boos in DC when the vote there for Hillary was 90% to his 4.

So he wouldn't have had a fit back at the WH? Of course he did. He thought murdering the ISIS lad would have him worshiped.
    You do realise that the FBI leaked information to the media and stacked the deck in favour of Hillary by doing so, right? And that's the tip of the iceberg by the way.

Trump still has stacked the deck putting judges in place the bar association deem unqualified. One new Judge has never tried a case :)

It's exactly BECAUSE a rigged game does not benefit justice that the Durham-Barr investigation is underway. You do realise that there is a lot of evidence to show that the FBI was not honest with the FISA courts:

See above.
    And that's before we get to the fact the court wasn't informed the DNC funded the dossier, let alone everything surrounding Brennan's role and how he has contradicted himself on important issues.

Here's what Barr had to say a few hours ago:

This is a costly attempt to cover the impeachment inquiry and Barr has zero credibility.

To those of us who’ve been following the efforts to see Democrats try and take out a political opponent with lies, and then his presidency, from the beginning knew a criminal investigation was inevitable once Hillary Clinton lost. I’m happy that some of the main bad actors in the soft coup will potentially see time behind bars. But sadly one main conspirator in all this will walk away scot free… the lying mainstream media. The media were accessories, collaborators, and sometimes even instigated some of the most heinous actions in US history. Chief amongst those bad actors are The New York Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and their arm of the DNC - MSNBC. They were more than willing to pass off lies leaked to them by truly dishonest officials and appointees of the Obama administration and other members of the DNC, and then participated in the cover-up by a lack of reporting/investigating the truth, in an attempt to overthrow an American presidential election.

Unfortunately the press is granted license by the government to spew lies and propaganda to achieve their agenda. It’s now time for the special treatment to stop as their professional integrity has gone down the crapper, and they should be part of the criminal investigation... and pay the price. At a minimum they should have their protections against libel and slander taken away. Hit them in the pocketbook until they decide to report the news in a balanced and unbiased manner.

See above partisan cudgel who forgot that birthergate was an attempt to overthrow Obama on an unfounded technicality/conspiracy theory

• Advertisement

Cockroaches never like the lights being turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

See above partisan cudgel who forgot that birthergate was an attempt to overthrow Obama on an unfounded technicality/conspiracy theory
    Obama never did produce the long form Birth cert. he was asked for, did he?
    He'll never get a job in the Civil Service here.

“The walls are closing in on Trump!” How many times have we heard that from Democrats and their media propaganda machine since before the Orange Overlord even took office?

Some of us have been semi-patiently sitting through the calm before the soft-coup hurricane revelation hits. Thankfully, for justice sake, that big ole storm has arrived... not for Trump but for Democrats who thought they could destroy an opponent's campaign, and then reverse the results of the 2016 election, by hook or by crook... and get away with it.

But recent events of going after the real bad guys and gals is not all roses. I’m not delusional, as the deep state remains powerful in Washington, and the DNC, officials in the Obama administration and his appointed justice cronies might only get a slap on the wrist for all their many wrongdoings and seemingly illegal actions... but it’s something. And hopefully something enough to cause a red tide in the 2020 election with Republicans ending up controlling the presidency, the Senate and the House by a fairly good margin. And just think what Trump can do with a majority control of Congress and a few more Supreme Court picks in a second term. MAGA on steroids!

Clear skies ahead!

“The walls are closing in on Trump!” How many times have we heard that from Democrats and their media propaganda machine..
    Just a few ...

Cockroaches never like the lights being turned on.
    'I always look orange': Trump rails against energy-efficient light bulbs and Democratic environmental policies

Indeedin they don't.

Don't you just love it when the media handmaidens take the cues from their Democratic masters and run with it? The media should also be looked into with the criminal investigation to see what part they played in advancing and giving cover for all the wrongdoing by Democrats.

Don't you just love it when the media handmaidens take the cues from their Democratic masters and run with it? The media should also be looked into with the criminal investigation to see what part they played in advancing and giving cover for all the wrongdoing by Democrats.

They’d have to start with all the phone calls and text messages shared between the White House and Fox News pundits. Exhibit A

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6165129-Texts-Messages-Between-Paul-Manafort-Sean-Hannity.html

Whoops.

Think about what you post regularly. 'The media' is out to get Trump and the Republican top tier. The media beholden to 'the Clintons'.
    Does this not all sound quite bizarre to you?

Every media outlet except those who openly support Trump is not only wrong but purposefully so. Think about that.

Think about what you post regularly. 'The media' is out to get Trump and the Republican top tier. The media beholden to 'the Clintons'.
    Does this not all sound quite bizarre to you?

Every media outlet except those who openly support Trump is not only wrong but purposefully so. Think about that.
    A study shows media Trump hatred is collaborated by 92% negative coverage of his presidency. That was a year ago. It must be over 98% by now.

Dang facts... pesky things, aren’t they.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/media-trump-hatred-coverage/

• Advertisement

A study shows media Trump hatred is collaborated by 92% negative coverage of his presidency. That was a year ago. It must be over 98% by now.

Dang facts... pesky things, aren’t they.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/media-trump-hatred-coverage/

What you call hate is actually negative reporting. It's willfully confusing reporting Trump stories, generally negative even just based on his own tweets, and outright journalistic assassination.
    Reporting what he says and does is not hate. If the stories and his own tweets are negative, you are holding the wrong people responsible.

Advertisement