Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I just don't give a ****. Does anyone else just not give a ****?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Gerry G wrote: »
    No, climate change will not end the human species, that is exactly the kind of scaremongering and bull**** that I referred to in my original post.
    Note I do agree with you on this. What's in the news is basically gloom and doom with little scientific support. I am talking solely about what the science actually says.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I actually agreed with the OP, when you are constantly bombarded with crises 24/7 year after year after year then eventually it is only natural to stop giving a **** about them. "Who is preaching at me today, oh, its some privileged little scrote who never had to worry about paying bills, great, throw her on the pile with all the other sanctimonious twats".

But then it turned out the OP isn't just tired of all that, he is actually a climate change denier, so I'm going to back away quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I actually agreed with the OP, when you are constantly bombarded with crises 24/7 year after year after year then eventually it is only natural to stop giving a **** about them. "Who is preaching at me today, oh, its some privileged little scrote who never had to worry about paying bills, great, throw her on the pile with all the other sanctimonious twats".

But then it turned out the OP isn't just tired of all that, he is actually a climate change denier, so I'm going to back away quietly.

I never denied that the climate was changing, I'm fact I stayed that the climate changes all the time. Read what you will though and keep on backing away quietly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

There were rapid climate changes in the past, have we any idea what caused those rapid changes? It certainly wasn't the plastic straws that mc donalds have gotten rid of and replaced with those pesky paper ones. It also wasn't caused by jet emissions or factory emissions or any other emission for that matter. Climate change is bandied about by every government the world over and guess what the outcome is? Yep, more tax money for said governments. Where does all this extra tax money go? Nobody knows

Throw a 100 mill at some such ****e then another 200 there. Oh wait Jaysus were running low. Increase taxes there Pascal.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I can understand not caring about certain things, celebrity stuff for instance or even taxes on smokes, but there are things which affect all mankind which you should care about.

If you have children or relations you probably should care about the erosion of civil liberties and democracy. The erosion of these can lead to a police state in which people can end up being locked up for no good reason. Lots of examples of that around the world.

Likewise the environment. Your quote below shows a level of ignorance about it. If everyone thought like you and just voted for their own current self interest the world would be in serious trouble in your children's life times.

Nope, climate change has been happening since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time. Why would I worry or care about it. Nothing can be done to stop or alter the change so instead I just get on with my life.

This is categorically not true. We can try limit the gases we put into our air which are heating up our environment. Nobody says it will be easy but if we don't try it will lead to extreme weather events which in turn can cause the deaths on innocent people. Just because you don't know someone who dies doesn't take away the fact that they were a person that someone loved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Fourier wrote: »
    I didn't mention taking chauffeured vehicles anywhere. That's just a complete non-sequitur.
    I don't recall mentioning that you did.

The point is industry and big business will keep polluting the planet while the average Joe tries to save it.

But i recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Some people are disillusioned with life and as religion is no longer a player in the western world they are desperate for something to believe in, things like climate change fill that emptiness.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I don't recall mentioning that you did.

The point is industry and big business will keep polluting the planet while the average Joe tries to save it.

But i recycle.
    Oh sorry, I thought it was directed at me.

I agree that as such our efforts are swamped by industry and big business. However the same was true of CFCs and the ozone hole and that was reversed with political action against the interests of big business, so I don't think it's a lost cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Sounds like you really do give a f OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Religion? Not a single gram of **** given.

And on faith, where do you stand? Surely you could give a wisp. You are correct on one point. You should.

• Advertisement

And on faith, where do you stand? Surely you could give a wisp. You are correct on one point. You should.

Don't have any faith either, it's a false hope. I don't begrudge anyone who has faith though. If it gets you through the day the so be it

Sounds like you really do give a f OP.

Nope, I care about my family and close friends. After that, the "problems" of the world mean nothing to me

Nope, I care about my family and close friends. After that, the "problems" of the world mean nothing to me
    The question though is more about when the problems of the world might affect your family, either now or in the future. I don't think a clean division like this is always possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Climate change? Don't give a ****
    50c extra for fags? Don't give a ****
    Some young autistic girl sails around the world in a boat? Don't give a ****
    Brexit? Don't give a ****
    Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

I like you Gerry G... that's why I'm going to kill you last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

He didn't deny climate change, he just doesn't give a fúck about it.

MASSIVE DIFFERENCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Keyzer wrote: »
    He didn't deny climate change, he just doesn't give a fúck about it.

MASSIVE DIFFERENCE.
    Nope. He is a denier of man made climate change, both its causes and effects. Read his posts.
    The only thing about climate change that is affecting my kids is the carbon taxes that the government keep levying on us all. Apart from that, the vast vast majority of the world is wholly unaffected by climate change
    Nope, climate change has been happening since the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time. Why would I worry or care about it. Nothing can be done to stop or alter the change so instead I just get on with my life.
    There were rapid climate changes in the past, have we any idea what caused those rapid changes? It certainly wasn't the plastic straws that mc donalds have gotten rid of and replaced with those pesky paper ones. It also wasn't caused by jet emissions or factory emissions or any other emission for that matter. Climate change is bandied about by every government the world over and guess what the outcome is? Yep, more tax money for said governments. Where does all this extra tax money go? Nobody knows
    No two climate changes have been the same, hence why this one is also different. The next one in a another couple of hundred years will be different again. See what I'm getting at? Climates change all the time for one reason or another, nothing we do will stop that so why stress about it?
    How has our actions been proven to help the current climate situation. What has changed for the better with our actions. We are continually told that things are getting worse and worse so what is actually getting better?
    No, climate change will not end the human species, that is exactly the kind of scaremongering and bull**** that I referred to in my original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

That all kinda reads like a particularly sassy Beyonce song.

That all kinda reads like a particularly sassy Beyonce song.

If you can supply the music is be happy to sell you the lyrics ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I was going to reply, but I couldn't give a sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Don't worry someone else will give a **** on your behalf. Or get offended on your behalf

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    I was going to reply, but I couldn't give a sh1t

Ehhhhhhhh, but you just replied dude. Some of the posters on here would call that ironic or insinuate that you were in denial about some **** or other and they would read in to your reply completely wrong and when the can't figure you out they would call you a denier or some other bull**** term that's new nowadays

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Fourier wrote: »
    The question though is more about when the problems of the world might affect your family, either now or in the future. I don't think a clean division like this is always possible.

He’s too blinded by his ego to his the logic of your argument.

faceman wrote: »
    He’s too blinded by his ego to his the logic of your argument.

Ego schmego

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Don't have any faith either, it's a false hope. I don't begrudge anyone who has faith though. If it gets you through the day the so be it

What about faith in yourself? Would you study for a degree? Would you rise to a challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This thread is funny to me. Someone says he only cares about things related to his life and the lives of his family and friends (which I agree with because I am the same) and he can't understand why people get so worked up about things they have no control over or that don't affect their lives at all. Then at least half the posts in the thread are from people getting worked up at him for having that opinion despite them having no control over that opinion and it not affecting their lives at all!
    Those posts are the funniest ones in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Some young lad in America was videoed having an altercation with an American Indian a few months ago and the internet was up in arms about it even though they had no clue what they were watching. There were even celebrities trying to get his address to do God knows what to him.

Look at this c-list moron threatening teenagers on the internet. What a brave man he is. He got over 2,000 retweets and 6,400 likes.

https://twitter.com/michaelrapaport/status/1086701428645650432?lang=en

Now the same people who made a 16 or 17 year old boys life a misery are crying "leave the poor child alone" when someone criticises a girl who is about the same age. Suddenly something that was perfectly acceptable in January is now child abuse.

It's hard to keep track of what I'm supposed to care about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I don't give a ****, couldn't give a bollox, **** me if I care.

Guy Person wrote: »
    This thread is funny to me. Someone says he only cares about things related to his life and the lives of his family and friends (which I agree with because I am the same) and he can't understand why people get so worked up about things they have no control over or that don't affect their lives at all. Then at least half the posts in the thread are from people getting worked up at him for having that opinion despite them having no control over that opinion and it not affecting their lives at all!
    Those posts are the funniest ones in the thread.

And the other half are people who have never met me, telling me that I should care about stuff and if I don't then I'm egotistical. I think they fail to realise that the absolute biggest thing I couldn't give a **** about is what people think of me. Never have and never will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

And the other half are people who have never met me, telling me that I should care about stuff and if I don't then I'm egotistical. I think they fail to realise that the absolute biggest thing I couldn't give a **** about is what people think of me. Never have and never will

The more they complain the less reason to care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Advertisement