Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pacman v Mayweather...your opinion on this fight if Mayweather beats marquez.

• 16-07-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

I think manny would win, his strength and speed would be too much for mayweather. Plus mayweather wouldnt be long out of retirement.
    Hatton v Mayweather- 10th round tko
    hatton v pacquiao- 2nd round ko
    Enough said, but then again god knows what might happen, the beauty of the sport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Floyd would beat him with ease.

It wouldn't be competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

akindoc wrote: »
    Floyd would beat him with ease.

It wouldn't be competitive.
    what makes you so sure though?, yeah mayweathers world class, but the so is paquiao, if anyone can stop mayweather it's this man who's in his prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

who cares about the first fight, the rematch will decide $$$ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭pjbrady1

Think it's hard to call with Mayweathers long layoff. But I'm going to favour two things about Mayweather. He is very hard to catch clean to the head. N he has a good long lunging jab to the body which he uses against shorter opponents. He did it against Hatton a lot. I think Pacquaio might struggle to get inside, then even when he does get inside Mayweather is hard to tag or else he does excellent wrestling. N his fitness is truly Olympic. He could wrestle you all night. He would outpower Manni in the clenches. For Manni to launch his combos I think he is just too much whithin the easy firing line of Mayweather. N he doesn't miss much. He doesn't throw too many punches, but the really venomous ones he throws generally land on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

I think Mayweather would win simply because his defense is world class. He would tire and wear out pac man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Mayweather... just.

I don't think it would be easy for him at all though. Really hope nothing derails this from going ahead, it'll be a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mayweather for me, as said above his defence is just too good and he just does what it takes to win as usual. Thats the most frustrating thing about Pretty Boy, he usually just about does enough to win. Its impossible to say just how good a fighter he actually is, but for me he is the best I've ever seen in my lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

you would have to say pacman will win handy

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Id go Mayweather also. Would love to see it happen. Looking forward to Pac v Cotto also. I think pac may have bitten off more than he can chew here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Josie Sharp Silverware

With Pac fighting Cotto in November it will give Mayweather the chance to get in even better shape to fight Pac if he defeats Marquez, which would mean a Mayweather win for me, would be a good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I'll reserve judgment until I see PBF up against JMM.

Also if either PBF or Manny loses then this discussion will become irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Mayweather on wwe raw now lol. "the quarter billion dollar man"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Jesus H Christ. If that prick doesnt stop on about his money i'll go back training and beat the little bastard myself. He's like some pikey fuk with 20 sovereign rings showing off all he has. I honestly hope JMM hammers the arrogant cunt into oblivion. I just cant wait for the taxman to take it off him and leave him on skid row with the rest of his crackhead family. What a fukkin ass.

I used to think BHop was the lowest dirtbag in the game but gimme the granny mugger any day over that fukwit. Pac should call him out for a winner takes all fight. The chicken sh1t fuk wouldn't have the balls to accept it. Sorry but i really despise the wankstain. I refuse to acknowledge one ounce of his talent until he shows some humility, something a real man would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

So i take it that you're not a big fan of Mayweather ?

Why did you call B-hop a granny mugger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

I would love to see this fight.

My problem is that I dislike Floyd SO much, I just can't see reason when it comes to him. For example I genuinely thought that Hatton would win the fight between him and Floyd :(

I would hand on heart say that Pacman would win between him and Floyd but then I know I'm blind on this issue.

I want to see the fight, really really want to, and I hope Pacman wins...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Why did you call B-hop a granny mugger ?

Because thats what he was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Can't see Mayweather taking PacMan down I have to say. I'll reserve ultimate judgement for after the JMM fight. If he deconstructs JMM I may give him more respect but I see Marquez giving him all sorts of trouble and it won't be an easy fight for him.

Advertisement