Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish girls are sexually very woke these days lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    You're 30. 23 year olds arent a different generation.

Well that's the thing about generations. If you define them by 20-year periods or whatever it is then aye we're one in the same in that regard, but what about the cultural shifts which arguably define one half of the same generation?

Let's use another Chernobyl metaphor, and let's pretend the sexual awakening is like the explosion. They might be all from the town (*cough* generation *cough*), but the ones closest to the blast are going to be forever different than some others. And you know what, I bet a lot of 30-year-old Irish women won't feel like they're part of the same generation as those seven years their junior. Date of birth might dictate that they are, but a cultural shift divides a lot of them. We're either being very woke or very nonsensical right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hammer must be a secondary teacher and on rocket fuel tonight.

To thine own self be true

• By far the most annoying part of this post, even more annoying than the What does 'woke' mean and why is an Irish person using it? question, is the missing comma. I really wish people would get on top of this.

Irish girls are sexually very woke these days lads ==> Irish girls are sexually very woke these days, lads.

1. Vocative case and commas

2. Vocative commas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hammer89 wrote: »
    We're either being very woke or very nonsensical right now.
    Not mutually exclusive

Apparently , commas aren't 'woke'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In fairness to the hammer , I have quite fond memories of spending long afternoons discussing the merits of 21st century fellatio with my grandad. Being human he wasn't without his demons, particularly when it came to his rampant fellatio addiction. Thankfully he was a very open man and used to share his cherished memories with me as we spent our quality time together.

My grandpa told me everything I needed tp know about what it took to survive " down south ", his treasured advices and musings will never leave me. He loved nothing better than to regale his famous anecdotes about the pleasures of my Granny's bedtime talents, as we schlugged on pints of porter.

But never Chernobyl, he wouldn't even know where the Ukraine is ffs.

By far the most annoying part of this post, even more annoying than the What does 'woke' mean and why is an Irish person using it? question, is the missing comma. I really wish people would get on top of this.

Irish girls are sexually very woke these days lads ==> Irish girls are sexually very woke these days, lads.

2. Vocative commas

The ironic thing here Titan Hundreds People is that posts like yours are infinitely more annoying than anything I could've written in the OP.

By far the most annoying part of this post, even more annoying than the What does 'woke' mean and why is an Irish person using it? question, is the missing comma. I really wish people would get on top of this.

2. Vocative commas

The ironic thing here, Titan Hundreds People, is that posts like yours are infinitely more annoying than anything I could've written in the OP.
    FYP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lads, this is a great time for my Netflix subscription to run out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Isn't the term 'woke' derived from the ongoing discrimination minorities particularly African Americans face in the US with regards to police brutality, income equality etc?

Not sure how it relates to Irish women having sex or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ah lads. Ye know nothing.

Back in the early 70's, it was all hippydom and make love not war. And it was before AIDS so none of this rubber-glove nonsense, either.
    Blast your joint of Mary Jane, world's finest aphrodisiac. Slow stroking of fingers and tongues.
    Good times.

I remember the OP's Grandad, he was an artist between the sheets. Wise up with your "wokery" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Once I see someone blame "The Church" as the only reason for sexual repression, I switch off. Reading any decent literature from the 17th C onwards shows that we haven't really changed much.

$_35.JPG?set_id=89040003C1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

I would imagine they were always woke, it's just that sexuality is more in your face these days. No pun intended haha.

Irish people are obsessed with sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

In a lot of cultures and religions women are treated as the inferior gender and as such should not be expected to take a leading role in what is considered to be a male domain.
    Times are changing and Amazons might return.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In fairness to the hammer , I have quite fond memories of spending long afternoons discussing the merits of 21st century fellatio with my grandad. Being human he wasn't without his demons, particularly when it came to his rampant fellatio addiction. Thankfully he was a very open man and used to share his cherished memories with me as we spent our quality time together.

My grandpa told me everything I needed tp know about what it took to survive " down south ", his treasured advices and musings will never leave me. He loved nothing better than to regale his famous anecdotes about the pleasures of my Granny's bedtime talents, as we schlugged on pints

Fellatio ? Or cunnilingus? :)))
    And Chernobyl is in Belarus

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

How do you know your granddad wasn’t secretly eating that pussy like shrimp fired rice ðŸ›

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

2. Vocative commas

I see your point, but I have long accepted that nobody under the age of 35 (and a depressingly large number over 35) knows how to use punctuation any more, so for the most part I just let it go now or it would cause my head to explode. Use of the word woke in any context other than "Woke up this morning, got yourself a gun..." or similar however...

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cfece63324a414b4dc9288a&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ASOT wrote: »
    If you use the phrase woke your an arsehole
    I had a vindaloo earlier that certainly woke mine.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cjmc wrote: »
    And Chernobyl is in Belarus

No, it's in Ukraine

Gonad wrote: »
    How do you know your granddad wasn’t secretly eating that pussy like shrimp fired rice ðŸ›

Because she wasn't a happy woman Gonad, and she would've been if his mouth was glued to her tuna canoe every night.

• Advertisement

Woke is a terrible word.

But sexuaity has been freed up in recent times. And that is a great thing.

Obviously there's more to life, but isn't it a great thing that it has.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

eviltwin wrote: »
    You didn't see many girls posting online because it wasn't a thing, there was no internet

Ah well there was an internet, we just mainly used it to discuss Babylon 5 theories back then though. Sex talk was for the pub/nightclub/24 hour cafes/shopping/wherever etc. And we could be a damn sight more candid as our discussions weren't preserved for posterity.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Woke is a terrible word.

But sexuaity has been freed up in recent times. And that is a great thing.

Obviously there's more to life, but isn't it a great thing that it has.

Yes. I imagine the whole feminism thing had something to do with it, which goes back to what I said about why you can't really class some people in the same generation if their maturing years were divided by a major culture shift.

Yes. I imagine the whole feminism thing had something to do with it, which goes back to what I said about why you can't really class some people in the same generation if their maturing years were divided by a major culture shift.

My female friends can openly talk about masturbation.

It's a pity my parents generation can't do that.
    Or maybe they did.
    And I'm in my mid 40s.
    Is it just my friends?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Hardcharger

80% of women are going for 20% of men. Most men will settle for women who are 6 and above on the 1 to 10 attractiveness scale. Every Mr BMW six pack 100 grand a year between 30 and 60 can trade in his 32 year old girlfriend for 22 year old replacement every 10 years.
    Every woman has been riding the carousel since 16. When they start hitting the wall at 30 and get baby rabies they find Mr BMW is unobtainable so they start taking an interest in Mr 9 to 5 white van who is Dad material.
    Any sensible single man between 20 and 60 should stay single hit the gym and focus on money and enjoying himself.
    If you are dating women a few rules apply.
    Don't feed them til you sleep with them. Three dates and no sex? Dump them. If you are dating never call or text between dates. Have sex with a woman only three or four times and never call her again or she will start talking about moving in together what pattern curtains should be in the living room etc
    Keep a rotation of women in your life - never delete a number - never officially start or end a relationship.
    Never give a woman what she wants and she'll eat out of your hand.
    Women just want to waste your money and your time and distract you from your purpose. Be about your purpose.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

My female friends can openly talk about masturbation.

It's a pity my parents generation can't do that.
    Or maybe they did.
    And I'm in my mid 40s.
    Is it just my friends?
    No. Same here. I'm in my late 40s. Was the same inyear 20s. And my teens. Nothing new here OP.

80% of women are going for 20% of men. Most men will settle for women who are 6 and above on the 1 to 10 attractiveness scale. Every Mr BMW six pack 100 grand a year between 30 and 60 can trade in his 32 year old girlfriend for 22 year old replacement every 10 years.
    Every woman has been riding the carousel since 16. When they start hitting the wall at 30 and get baby rabies they find Mr BMW is unobtainable so they start taking an interest in Mr 9 to 5 white van who is Dad material.
    Any sensible single man between 20 and 60 should stay single hit the gym and focus on money and enjoying himself.
    If you are dating women a few rules apply.
    Don't feed them til you sleep with them. Three dates and no sex? Dump them. If you are dating never call or text between dates. Have sex with a woman only three or four times and never call her again or she will start talking about moving in together what pattern curtains should be in the living room etc
    Keep a rotation of women in your life - never delete a number - never officially start or end a relationship.
    Never give a woman what she wants and she'll eat out of your hand.
    Women just want to waste your money and your time and distract you from your purpose. Be about your purpose.
    And how's that working out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

And it's a good thing, don't get me wrong. Particularly in this country, women of past generations haven't been allowed to explore themselves sexually or spiritually.

My grandad, very much a man's man and a raging alcoholic, would've preferred to lick some debris from Chernobyl than go down on my grandmother, and sure listen a lot of our grandfathers are or were cut from the same cloth. So the idea that there's more of a balance in power between men and women's sexual needs these days, and that women of today won't be deprived of the same pleasure as our female ancestors, is a great thing. It's a lovely thing actually. F*ck the Church like.

But when did it all start? When did Irish girls go from wanting to fold themselves up into rubix cubes when the topic of masturbation was brought up, to posting anecdotes about their clits and stuff on Twitter? I'm 30 and girls of my generation weren't as sexually woke as 22 and 23-year-old girls these days. It wasn't so much that there was no platform in which to discuss sexual things in a public forum, because Facebook and even Twitter were around, but the general attitude is apples and oranges.

You didn't see many girls posting about their vaginas, or uploading pictures of themselves which hint at nipple ring. My feeling is, it didn't start in Ireland. My feeling is that it drifted over from America or something, in the same way as we get the leftovers from hurricanes and stuff. But who cares. As I said, it's great.

Rise and shine.

That's poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

iguana wrote:
    Ah well there was an internet, we just mainly used it to discuss Babylon 5 theories back then though. Sex talk was for the pub/nightclub/24 hour cafes/shopping/wherever etc. And we could be a damn sight more candid as our discussions weren't preserved for posterity.

Babylon 5 over Bitches.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Hardcharger

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And how's that working out for you?

Smashing it

Advertisement