Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Wanted] - Travel Guides

• 20-04-2005 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap place to buy travel guides - in particular Lonely Planet guides, either online or in shops. I've tried Amazon, but when you factor in shipping, they're roughly the same price as Easons. Is that as low as I'll get them, or are there other cheaper retailers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

play.com Books free delivery to Ireland, not sure of them price wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Play.com are practically the same price as Amazon. Slightly cheaper when you consider the shipping (a £1 or two maybe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

most of the lonely planet books on play are 25% off retail price with free delivery, that's abouta fiver off the price of each book in the shops delivered to your door, u wont do any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

You should try Reads.
    If they dont have the one you want in stock thay will order it for you and give you 25% of the rrp.
    I got the lonely plant china for under 20 euro, rrp is 26or 27.
    The number for reads is 01- 6796011

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

Try the book shop opposite Eason's side entrance on Abbey st. They have some on the right hand side after you enter.Usually cheap, if not try chapter, but they are not particularly cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement