Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Dog is it for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

"If you wouldn't eat a dog, why would you eat a pig?"

What a stupid statement that is. The reasons are multiple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Expand more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

In fairness, I'd imagine they taste a lot better.

That's horrendous, tbh, and I'd question its efficacy. It was on a weekday afternoon I suppose, but there could have been kids around.

There's a podcast on 98fm of the public reaction, it's about what you'd expect. A load of pissed off, upset people with another stick to beat vegans with. PETA "delighted with" the response. Great, sound lads.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Yeah I agree the whole vegan movement is cool and hip at the moment but stunts like this will really turn people off the movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Unearthly wrote: »
    Expand more

Don't see why I should even have to but just to satiate ya.

Dogs are pets. Human's have an emotional attachment to them.

Pigs aren't pets. They're seen differently by humans.

Also, dog meat is meant to taste fúcking disguisting, regardless of the char grilling going on here. Pig meat on the other hand, is delicious

• Advertisement

Also, dog meat is meant to taste fúcking disguisting, regardless of the char grilling going on here. Pig meat on the other hand, is delicious

No need to be so touchy, I was just curious would you bring something new that I haven't heard before. You didn't, i have heard culture and taste before.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, that's exactly the point.

The only reason you wouldn't eat a dog is because you've arbitrarily decided that it's taboo and different.

There's no ethical or logical difference between eating dogs or pigs.

Because pigs are made of food.
    It's like saying
    "If you wouldn't eat a tree,why would you eat a carrot?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Probably the first stunt I've seen PETA pull that I admire.

I know it's hip to look down on vegans these days, but if you're too squeamish to look at a fake dog being barbecued then you have no business eating meat, and I include children in that. Ignorance may be bliss, but hiding the truth from yourself is weak af.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What's the point in bbq-ing fake dog? They should go for the real thing if they were looking for a response.

Anyway this is new religious cult that I have no interest joining. Mostly people just interested in controlling others what they eat and what they do.

• Advertisement

That's horrendous, tbh, and I'd question its efficacy. It was on a weekday afternoon I suppose, but there could have been kids around.

It's good for children to ask questions about the world. Just because you find it disturbing, you shouldn't assume children are just as fearful.

This is what meat looks like. What's the big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, that's exactly the point.

The only reason you wouldn't eat a dog is because you've arbitrarily decided that it's taboo and different.

There's no ethical or logical difference between eating dogs or pigs.

Dogs areEaten in Asia..what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

If dog was on a menu somewhere I'd happily give it a shot. I'm an equal opportunity carnivore.

Dogs areEaten in Asia..what's the problem?

Ask the people that are offended by the publicity stunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

If you would eat a pig, why wouldn't you eat a human?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

lassykk wrote: »
    If dog was on a menu somewhere I'd happily give it a shot. I'm an equal opportunity carnivore.

I prefer beef... Got a cow killed for the freezer this week.it was called Daisy!!

I prefer beef... Got a cow killed for the freezer this week.it was called Daisy!!

Never had the opportunity to sample dog myself but I find it's hard to beat a good rasher so I imagine I'd prefer pig to dog but as I said I'd happily try it were it an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Were there any vegans before social media?

Hard to beat a good rasher indeed. When was the last time you saw a herd of pigs in a field in Ireland? Ah but sure it's grand, "love me a bit of bacon". Perhaps low-IQ, vacuous, mouth-breathing subspecies like yourselves should be used for meat instead.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Were there any vegans before social media?

Yes I'd recommend to use a thing called Google. It's a decent search engine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It's good for children to ask questions about the world. Just because you find it disturbing, you shouldn't assume children are just as fearful.

This is what meat looks like. What's the big deal.

It's the same deliberately, needlessly antagonistic sh1te that the pro-lifers were at. Cause maximum upset to draw attention to yourself, alienate people, amp up the tension in an already tense argument. Children can ask questions about the world without this nightmare fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I’d agree with PETA. But not from there point of view.
    Animals are animals. All we are is the most intelligent one on this planet. Also the top of the food chain.

I could not do it myself. But would not mind if someone else done it.

Hard to beat a good rasher indeed. When was the last time you saw a herd of pigs in a field in Ireland? Ah but sure it's grand, "love me a bit of bacon". Perhaps low-IQ, vacuous, mouth-breathing subspecies like yourselves should be used for meat instead.

Yeah religion. Only pure and plant eating will get to heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The same fcukin idiots had an add saying wool was as bad as fur.
    Talk about being as dumb as a plank.
    You’d know they know fcuk all about livestock spouting that verbal diarrhea

meeeeh wrote: »
    Yeah religion. Only pure and plant eating will get to heaven.

Actually you will find the strongest defenders of meat online are very religious people and use god and bible as their reason for eating meat.

Vegans are statistically atheist or agnostic

Actually you will find the strongest defenders of meat online are very religious people and use god and bible as their reason for eating meat.

Vegans are statistically atheist or agnostic

Yes the ones that need a replacement cult. Veganism is replacing religion in many people.

That genuinely made me chuckle!

I'm sincerely sorry if I triggered some anger in you.

Given my low IQ I shouldn't draw attention to the fact that it's not a "herd" of pigs but I'll give you a pass seen as you appear to be a bit emotional

Yes the ones that need a replacement cult. Veganism is replacing religion in many people.

No! You are a cult! And my dad is bigger than yours!

And my dad is bigger than yours!

Ok.

• Advertisement

What's the point in bbq-ing fake dog? They should go for the real thing if they were looking for a response.
    Not a very developed thinker are you.
    Anyway this is new religious cult that I have no interest joining. Mostly people just interested in controlling others what they eat and what they do.

As a society we have discussions around and make decisions about what people do all of the time.

For all we know you could have "no interest" in not littering, "no interest" in obeying traffic lights, "no interest" in asking a person's consent before you have sex with them.

Your apathy towards philosophical and moral issues is your problem, and offers not even the most threadbare defense of your views in a substantial conversation about animal welfare.

Advertisement