Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Perfect plant burger?

Options
  • 13-08-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l75ixsh-wjI

Black Beans
    Chickpeas
    Mushrooms
    Lentils
    Oats
    Beets (Shredded)
    Nutritional Yeast
    Tapioca Starch
    Salt
    Pepper
    Chili Flakes
    Parsley
    Rosemary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭realmoonunit

I must get back into making burgers, I used to make a LOT of falafel, round, flat, baked or fried. I probably ate too many and have drifted away from them. This looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

I love the Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burgers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Worztron wrote: »
    I love the Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burgers.

Not bad.
    I've taking a liking to Iceland's No Porkies 'Pulled pork' burgers.
    I went in last week and bought a load of their vegan range. I still haven't opened the chorizo pieces. Pizza is good too though I always smother mine in relish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Curious to try this recipe out as I generally love what the guys do (in particular their chicken-like goujons recipe);

https://thehappypear.ie/recipes/veganquarterpounder/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

auspicious wrote: »
    Not bad.
    I've taking a liking to Iceland's No Porkies 'Pulled pork' burgers.
    I went in last week and bought a load of their vegan range. I still haven't opened the chorizo pieces. Pizza is good too though I always smother mine in relish.

I wasn't a fan of the chorizo pieces, though maybe I just haven't found the right way to prepare them, they're just quite soggy I find. Really like the burgers and pizzas though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Dunne's Stores are stocking sausages and burgers from "The Meatless Meat co." (or something very similar to that) and they're pretty good. Being coeliac I have to look for gluten free veggie burgers etc and that's not at all easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Dunne's Stores are stocking sausages and burgers from "The Meatless Meat co." (or something very similar to that) and they're pretty good. Being coeliac I have to look for gluten free veggie burgers etc and that's not at all easy.

One of the women in work was on about them alright but didn’t know the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    One of the women in work was on about them alright but didn’t know the name.

I bought the Umph Burger in Dunnes yesterday. Black box. €4.50 for 2 in pkt.
    Haven't tried them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

auspicious wrote: »
    I bought the Umph Burger in Dunnes yesterday. Black box. €4.50 for 2 in pkt.
    Haven't tried them yet.

Good brand, I like them.

Advertisement