Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UCD-Mature Psychology Acceptance :0)

• 02-05-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All,

Im noticing many people have been offered places for Arts and Social Science with UCD this week. Has anyone heard back re Psychology? Even interview dates?? Desperate to be put out of my misery already!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This was tacked on at the end of the offer email.
    Applicants who have also applied for DN519 BA Psychology:

Please note that these decisions will issue at a later date. We will email you again with these decisions by the end of May 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SpongeBob7658

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    This was tacked on at the end of the offer email.

Oh great:) thanks Mr.Saturn. Really appreciate your response:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Just got an Email off UCD. Had applied for Psychology as my forth choice or so. Didn't end up getting it anyways which is fine, not what I want :D But the reason they gave was slightly distressing:"DN519 No offer on grounds of mature years. Insufficient information received for assessment."

Insufficient information? I am positive my CAO application was correctly filled in, was there any supplementary information that needed to be sent in? I have the MSAP done and got decent marks. Just concerned it may affect my application overall.

Ah well, hope people going for Psych got some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Not sure for Psychology but I had to send a personal statement to the CAO for UCD for Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SpongeBob7658

Hey Korasa, that is odd and a wee bit worring if something simple (yet unknown) has stood in your way of getting accepted! Prob silly question, but did you include a copy of your leaving cert diploma, any certs from previous courses you may have put down etc? Or the college application itself, perhaps the short essay didnt provide enough info about you preparation for this course? Who know, hope you get some good news soon re other colleges:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Yeah I got an email off of UCD a few days ago, it was nothing. I believe the reason given was that I didn't include a personal statement following the template UCD themselves provide. Seeing as the statement wasn't written in regards to UCD it's really no great loss. As for other colleges I have it on relatively good authority that I should be receiving an offer on my first choice so delighted at the moment.

Still though, won't hurt to take a look over my application just to shore it up if anything. :D

Advertisement