Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newpark Auditions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Cheers Fusion! Whats your story, are you finished up now or have you another year to go?

Have my exams comin up for LGSM 2, still deciding wether to go on and do the degree...tis quite expensive, and I think I'd benifit more from giggin at the mo tbh...

Fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Yea, you can't beat the experience you get from playing, just getting out there and finding your sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

Congrats on getting into the course - you'll have a ball. I'm just about to start LGSM 1 - I can't wait for September to come around! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭crowbar188

Hey Paddy. This is Neil. Yeh i got in. Cant wait for next year either. Should be fun. Just have to get the money together now............

I know what you mean bro - I've got a spare kidney I might sell...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alkali

I didnt get in, Im not really sure why I didnt get in, I played quite well, oh well but good luck to you that did :cool:

Oh Sorry Luv!! That sucks! Never mind :rolleyes:
    Will you try again next year?

crowbar188 wrote:
    Hey Paddy. This is Neil. Yeh i got in. Cant wait for next year either. Should be fun. Just have to get the money together now............
    I know, it's SAVE, SAVE, SAVE from now until September (and as you can see from my sig I'm sell my car).... which isn't that far away really... it's going to go so fast too!!

Hey Saint, im not going to try next year I kinda had doubts about doing even this year, im getting my jazz/fusion band together this summer so I hopefully that should go well, I post up when we get some gigs. :rolleyes:

Cool! Well let me know when your playing and I'll come along!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Skycat

I just found this thread now,goddamn always late!

Alkali sorry to hear you didn't get in and congratulations to everyone who did.

I auditioned for the PMTC on drums and for me it didn't go so well,I went in like I was on the nod and played some wild crap but they seemed to like what I was doing cause I'm in.
    Just got back from England yesterday and got the letter so I gotta send in the deposit ASAP.
    I'll be moving to Dublin so if anyone out there needs a roommate,I am looking for a place to live.If anyone knows anyone looking can ye let me know?

Anyone do the PMTC last year or years before?Whats the story with getting a part-time job while studying,possible or impossible?
    :eek:

I did the PMTC last year - it's only a three day a week course, so you've plenty of time to work if needs be. Just make sure you've got enough time to practice, they'll be giving you enough study to do... :)

Im glad I didnt get in, it gave me a kick in the fist to get me playing more, but im becoming more of a keyboardist these days, I taught my audition went very well, maybe there not looking for fusion drummers. I was thinking of sending them an email asking why I didnt get in.

I think sometime during the summer everyone from this thread should meet up and a have a jam. :cool:

Do any of you's compose?

I compose, when I have time. I've been really busy gigging and writing with my full-time band and doing exams lately, so I haven't had much time to write jazzy stuff. I'm getting back into the swing of things though... You write tunes yourself?

I just realised I know very little about the course I'll be doing so with regards that.Whats the story with practice on the premises and using your own kit etc.?
    Are the 3 days Monday- Wednesday?If so I think I'm sorted for work.
    And what time does the day finish?

Sorry bout all the questions folks!

I compose a bit,but not so much in the jazz idiom.I write a lot of songs for the band I'm in http://www.riastradh.com Theres mp3's there if you wanna have a listen.Outside of that I do some composition but I'm just learning it really.

Cool, I compose quite alot, mostly Jazzy, quite like Pat Metheny stuff, there is a great site online, where you can record your stuff and colaberate with other people. I havent tried it yet, although I am a member.. :rolleyes:

Here's the link.

Artist Collaboration

Yeah, the three days are Monday to Wednesday. The hours vary, except on Tuesdays, which are generally from 10-4. They have kits there, all you need are cymbals and sticks. You can practice there, although there probably would be restrictions on drums, as regards volume.

Hey Buddhapadge I seen in your profile you work in a photo lab,I used to work in an Agfa photo lab here in Mayo.Any part time jobs going in your place anytime soon?I have experience.Do you guys have to do photocare stuff overnight or is that just in the wilds?

Thanks for that info much appreciated.

The Artist Collaboration site looks interesting,I might join.

"I think sometime during the summer everyone from this thread should meet up and a have a jam."

That would be a crazy jam!I'll play build my own instuments with 400 notes and play them all,just like Harry Partch.

Sorry dude, work is pretty tight at the moment... I've only got fifteen hours a week myself! If anything comes up, I'll let you know. That Artist Collaboration thing looks great though, I'll have to give it a shot once I get a better connection.

Sorry dude, work is pretty tight at the moment... I've only got fifteen hours a week myself! If anything comes up, I'll let you know. That Artist Collaboration thing looks great though, I'll have to give it a shot once I get a better connection.

No worries.Just thought I'd ask,thanks though.I'll be signing up on that Artist Collaboration soon,once the broadband gets here!Then I won't be waiting 10 mins to internet myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ibanezbloke

Guys, I realise that thisis a VERY old thred, but what the hell....

I'm planning on auditioning next year, and I play electric guitar. Does anyone have a good idea for an audition piece? Any advice is golden, I truly have no idea what to play. And any tips for the audition itself would be great too. Cheers!

Advertisement