Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

How long after should you get the email?

I stayed at a place this weekend that would only accept cash when I got there (I did reserve the room on booking.com with a debit card though). I'm wondering if I'll still qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Has anyone actually got the money back into their account??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Been nearly 2 weeks since I stayed in hotel and no email, I paid with card also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

andy125 wrote: »

Oh I just checked there and I did get it back 2 days ago, 35 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks Op, just booked using the link for a trip later this year...

Stated in my booking confirmation email that I would receive my cashback after checkout :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Yup got €35 back as well into my account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Daniel112 wrote: »

Yup got €35 back as well into my account :)
    Coming up to 2 weeks since I stayed at the hotel and have received nothing yet. Is there anything I need to do after my stay eg. leave a reveiw??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Offer is still available, booked a hotel in UK for a meeting next week! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Coming up to 2 weeks since I stayed at the hotel and have received nothing yet. Is there anything I need to do after my stay eg. leave a reveiw??
    I got it back on my N26 card 3 days after staying in the hotel.
    Didn't have to do anything, no review, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Quick question:

If I wish to make another booking, can I avail of the offer for a second time and can I use the same account....or do I need to set up a new account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

Stayed in hotel last Friday, got €35 back in my account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Anyone know if it can be used more than once?? If so, would you be required to use different cards for each time? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

have people gotten the cashback multiple times with the same account? My multiple bookings seem to have applied the discount on each confirmation on the same account.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Just recieved my $40/€35.17!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

sector_000 wrote: »
    Just recieved my $40/€35.17!

When did you stay?

Skuxx wrote: »
    When did you stay?

June 16th. And just got my credit card statement this morning.
    Booked 2 more stays for work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

sector_000 wrote: »
    June 16th. And just got my credit card statement this morning.
    Booked 2 more stays for work :D

You booked the other stays on the same account yes?

Yep, same account.
    Fingers crossed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

FYI:

Got my friend to check his invite and earn section for a booking he made in an Irish Hotel with $40 refund and it's not showing. Showing on mine for both the $40 and €75 refund on American Hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 miso1983

Stayed in Killarney on saturday 1st July to 2nd july. Paid 90 euro for the hotel. Got my 34.56 today. Happy days.

I did leave a negative review tho :) .. guess you have to leave the review to get reward.

Have another 3 bookings coming up in August so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Stayed on the 29th June and $40 paid to credit card on 5th July. Thanks a million OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Anybody done 2 different bookings on the same credit card and received the discount back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

gustafo wrote: »
    Anybody done 2 different bookings on the same credit card and received the discount back?

Yes received two $40 back for two different stays. Same account and same card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

That's Brilliant

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I made a few stays recently that I booked using this link.
    They registered in the 'earn rewards' area saying id be paid after the hotel confirmed my stay. Since this evening, they have all disappeared from the earn rewards area. Happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I made a few stays recently that I booked using this link.
    They registered in the 'earn rewards' area saying id be paid after the hotel confirmed my stay. Since this evening, they have all disappeared from the earn rewards area. Happen to anyone else?

No, they are still there for me. Were these still up and coming reservations or concluded ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

No, they are still there for me. Were these still up and coming reservations or concluded ones ?

They are concluded ones.
    Maybe they disappear after they have been paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

They are concluded ones.
    Maybe they disappear after they have been paid?

Did they pay you ? If so, then I wouldn't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I just got an email saying "Claim your US$40 reward now that you’re back!Welcome back!
    We hope you enjoyed your trip! Now that you've stayed, it's time to cash in on the reward we promised."
    How do I claim the $40? Or does it just get credited to my bank a/c? I paid in cash for my hotel stay...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

toby2111 wrote: »
    I just got an email saying "Claim your US$40 reward now that you’re back!Welcome back!
    We hope you enjoyed your trip! Now that you've stayed, it's time to cash in on the reward we promised."
    How do I claim the $40? Or does it just get credited to my bank a/c? I paid in cash for my hotel stay...

If you can click the Claim the $40 button on the email it means you need to select which card for the payment to go onto. If you can't click it, it means the card has already been selected and the payment will be on it in 3-5 days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement