Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

We've gone sale agreed, very surreal! We got mortgage approval less than 2 months ago and with supply being so low we didn't expect to get somewhere this soon! Delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We've gone sale agreed, very surreal! We got mortgage approval less than 2 months ago and with supply being so low we didn't expect to get somewhere this soon! Delighted :D

Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Collecting keys today and signing deeds :)

Congrats Irish rat.

Underwriters are meeting today apparently. No word yet. It's a loooooong day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Funds arrived at my solicitors office today!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

We just got our first AIP offer from Haven, just waiting to see what comes back from the other lenders before we sit down to look at rates etc on offer but really happy with whats been offered to us - on the higher end of what we were expecting. Now we can really start viewing some houses! I know there is potentially a very long road ahead of us but its really exciting to kick things off properly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

congrats!
    Do you mind me asking where / what you were looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just been told we'll get the keys on the 28th :D

No answer on approval without life insurance for one partner today. Broker was great though, has filled us in on exactly whats happening and who is talking to who so I'm a bit less stressed this evening and can hopefully forget about it for the weekend. Answer on monday we hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

whiskeyman wrote: »
    congrats!
    Do you mind me asking where / what you were looking for?

It's a 3 bed semi in South Co Dublin. Have found there's not much around and most of what is looks pretty poor. But the place we've gotten is in turnkey condition, we're very happy.

Survey next which will hopefully show nothing major!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We were at the house again last night taking measurements etc and the daughter of the vendor said that the contracts should be going out on Monday.

How long has it taken other people to get keys after contracts have been signed? I know it's different for everyone, but on average, are we talking a few weeks? Hopefully not months!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cokezero

We were at the house again last night taking measurements etc and the daughter of the vendor said that the contracts should be going out on Monday.

How long has it taken other people to get keys after contracts have been signed? I know it's different for everyone, but on average, are we talking a few weeks? Hopefully not months!

Depends if it a new build etc. Have you had reports done? Is the estste under control of the council. We presumed we would have the keys at this stage but the legal department in the bank wanted extra information from our solicitor so it will be about 2 weeks hopefully since signing contracts. I am so nervous that they will have more queries on Monday and delay things further. We are sale agreed since thr start of June but it's a straightforward sake and no Chain. I'm praying the banks couldn't refuse us at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Cokezero wrote: »
    Depends if it a new build etc. Have you had reports done? Is the estste under control of the council. We presumed we would have the keys at this stage but the legal department in the bank wanted extra information from our solicitor so it will be about 2 weeks hopefully since signing contracts. I am so nervous that they will have more queries on Monday and delay things further. We are sale agreed since thr start of June but it's a straightforward sake and no Chain. I'm praying the banks couldn't refuse us at this stage!

Not a new build, all reports done, just a regular vendor sale not councils or banks.

Im hoping that if we sign the contracts some time next week, we should be moved by the end of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Not a new build, all reports done, just a regular vendor sale not councils or banks.

Im hoping that if we sign the contracts some time next week, we should be moved by the end of August.
    Was 4 weeks for me from contracts being signed (i think).

Has anyone ever been turned down by the bank following loan offer? I'm so nervous it will fall though now that I have signed contracts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Cokezero wrote: »
    Has anyone ever been turned down by the bank following loan offer? I'm so nervous it will fall though now that I have signed contracts!

I don't think this happens much but sometimes if the whole process has been drawn out then the bank will ask for more up to date statements and a new valuation. IIRC valuations only are valid for 2months.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I don't think this happens much but sometimes if the whole process has been drawn out then the bank will ask for more up to date statements and a new valuation. IIRC valuations only are valid for 2months.

Thanks!! The waiting is so nerve wracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭REFLINE1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

REFLINE1 wrote: »

If that's the case it should be back dates to FTB that have bought since the last budget. There's no mortgage interest relief for new buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Santy2015 wrote: »
    If that's the case it should be back dates to FTB that have bought since the last budget. There's no mortgage interest relief for new buyers

Doubt they would do that - just tough luck in their eyes id say. I would say it will be aimed at people starting out saving for a house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Noonan was saying it will be back dated to this month to prevent a slump for the rest of the year, so i'd say probably 1st July.
    That's providing it goes ahead at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Deedeemazzy

REFLINE1

it says in 98fm that it is relating to new builds?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

The Mulk wrote: »
    Noonan was saying it will be back dated to this month to prevent a slump for the rest of the year, so i'd say probably 1st July.
    That's providing it goes ahead at all.

When did Noonan say this? We're at sale agreed stage at the moment so this news is great if happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hasmunch wrote: »
    When did Noonan say this? We're at sale agreed stage at the moment so this news is great if happens.

I'm in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Hasmunch wrote: »

It's in the Irish Times article

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Irish times article has more information than the independent article linked alright

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/first-time-home-buyers-may-receive-aid-under-new-scheme-1.2725408

This is personally great news for me. I'm hoping to buy on my own so I'm saving on my own too for the deposit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Will an incentive like that not just drive prices up?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It will, any help to buy measures will only result in increased demand which, with present shortages of supply, will only serve to drive up prices.

We're due to close next week so curious to see what may be available but it looks like it'll be budget day before we hear the results. Hoping it's not just applied to new builds!

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    It will, any help to buy measures will only result in increased demand which, with present shortages of supply, will only serve to drive up prices.

We're due to close next week so curious to see what may be available but it looks like it'll be budget day before we hear the results. Hoping it's not just applied to new builds!

I think 98fm just had a badly worded article ... Irish Times article is better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement