Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegan dairy - The end of using cows?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭emaherx

auspicious wrote: »
    Well your colleague in the post above yours agrees in the opening sentence of his penultimate paragraph.
    Feel free to correct him.

Oh... You think I agree with you about "worn out animals" after 2 calvings a total of 20 months of lactating. Fecking hell most human mother's manage that without being worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Maybe it is the phrase worn-out that is contentious. Perhaps spent or exhausted is more acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭emaherx

Maybe it is the phrase worn-out that is contentious. Perhaps spent or exhausted is more acceptable.

For one, I doubt many farms cull at 5 years old. You throw out plenty of facts and figures but it's obvious you know little about farming. I certainly don't agree with you that a 5 year old cow is worn out or spent or exhausted.

You can't have it both ways either your accusing farmers of killing them too young or keeping them till they are spent, pick one and it might give you a better argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

gozunda wrote: »
    Neolithic peoples had a wider variety of wholefoods available to them than we do today. Our loss.

Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

YFlyer wrote: »
    Doubtful.

What do you think they ate? They certainly did not eat higly processed ****e foods or McFake Burgers for sure.

There is lots of archaeological evidence that the diet comprised a whole range of seasonal whole foods. See the article linked previously for an overview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Deflection again.

Tbh, I had to read your post a few times to try to make some sense of it and, having failed, decided that a source might help me to understand somewhat better. It looked like 2 or 3 catch-cries welded together hastily in an attempt to make a coherent whole but falling well short.

But if you have no source, you have no source so we'll leave it at that.

Advertisement