Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90 Day Trial for Amazon Music HD

• 20-09-2019 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭

Amazon is offering a 90 day trial to their new Amazon Music HD for new and existing users of Amazon Music or Prime.

This is offering high definition audio both on mobile devices and some home entertainment systems.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/music/unlimited/hd

The quality is outstanding and the music choice excellent.

Steaming in my Sonos is superior to Spotify and even Apple Music.

On my mobile devices the quality is good too but it comes with the price of more storage required for the files which can be big for ultra hd quality.

Nothing to loose to give it a try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You must be in the UK OP, because it will only let me have a thirty day trial, as it says my payment method doesn't match the country.

This is despite me using a revolut card with a sterling balance, using my parcel wizard address and having a vpn activated to UK.

Spent a good few minutes with customer care where they insisted on telling me my payment method comes up IE on their system, and to get on to my bank.

It seems all these loopholes may be about to be ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You must be in the UK OP, because it will only let me have a thirty day trial, as it says my payment method doesn't match the country.

This is despite me using a revolut card with a sterling balance, using my parcel wizard address and having a vpn activated to UK.

Spent a good few minutes with customer care where they insisted on telling me my payment method comes up IE on their system, and to get on to my bank.

I am in Ireland not UK.

Strange, it came up for me without a problem immediately.

But I have a default payment of my virtual Revolut card which uses parcel motel as billing address.

It might be that the Revolut card you have is one of those which is coded as Irish.

Not nice of them to give Irish users less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭paska

I used revolut and changed my address on the billing page to parcel motel NI and it worked for 90 days

paska wrote: »
    I used revolut and changed my address on the billing page to parcel motel and it worked for 90 days

I think Johnny Dogs has a Revolut card which is coded as Ireland, there are a few of that around.

I think Johnny Dogs has a Revolut card which is coded as Ireland, there are a few of that around.

Not sure guys, I've been with them for a few years, and have had so much stuff delivered to parcel wizard that they actually even offered me finance on many items :eek:.

My card was a newish one they sent out when I changed over to a premium account (it's visa, and my old one was MasterCard, I never had any issues with it incidentally)

Has me stumped.

• Advertisement

Not sure guys, I've been with them for a few years, and have had so much stuff delivered to parcel wizard that they actually even offered me finance on many items :eek:.

My card was a newish one they sent out when I changed over to a premium account (it's visa, and my old one was MasterCard, I never had any issues with it incidentally)

Has me stumped.

Did you change your address to parcel motel on the page thats says your card does not match your country?

Did you change your address to parcel motel on the page thats says your card does not match your country?

Yeah, pretty sure I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Worked for me with a Revolut VISA card start with 4. My other cards both VISA and Mastercard starting with 5 didn't work.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Worked for me with a Revolut VISA card start with 4. My other cards both VISA and Mastercard starting with 5 didn't work.

Mines starts with a 4 - strange.

Has me stumped.

Some Premium account cards are coded as Irish.

If you have a premium account, generate a new virtual card (multi use) and that should work as those are still UK based.

• Advertisement

If you have a premium account, generate a new virtual card (multi use) and that should work as those are still UK based.

I will give that a go cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

bromley52 wrote: »

Visa cards always start with 4
    Master cards always start with 5

There is no such thing as a visa that starts with 5. The first digit represents the card provider. I used to test credit card terminal software so very famaliar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

cronos wrote: »
    Visa cards always start with 4
    Master cards always start with 5

There is no such thing as a visa that starts with 5. The first digit represents the card provider. I used to test credit card terminal software so very famaliar.

Sorry my mistake. So my 1 VISA card worked and my 2 Mastercards didn't

Genius, worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Hi,

With UK card and address it doesn't seems working for me, only getting this:
    By clicking "Sign-up and pay", you agree to the Terms of Use and you authorise us to charge your default card or another card on file, £14.99 per month during your 90-day free upgrade, and £19.99 per month after your trial.

So 14.99 per month during trial

Could be because I had 30-day Music Unlimited trial already? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not working for me. I have my home address added in my virtual Revolut card. Maybe thats the problem?

Anyone able to claim this trial for full 90-days? I still unable to do so.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Anyone able to claim this trial for full 90-days? I still unable to do so.

I managed to do it with revolut and parcel motel NI

I managed to do it with revolut and parcel motel NI

I have the same setup, but it didn't offer me 90-days trial. Have you ever had Music Unlimited trial? I assume it doesn't work for me as I had it before. Suppose I can setup an new account for this reason :)

payment method does not match payment country

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    payment method does not match payment country

Had same problem, and got resolved with the help of the op.

Are you using revolut.

UPDATE

So I can no longer update the OP so here some important notes:

90 Day Trial Requires UK payment card
    The 90-day trial is only available with a UK address and UK payment card.
    Irish cards only get 30 days of a free trial.

Existing Amazon Music Unlimited members
    You can only get a 90 day trial for the HD element extra cost, you will continue to have to pay your existing Amazon Music Unlimited subscription fee.

Revolut Card
    If you are using a revolut card and a UK address (like Parcelmotel, Parcelwizard, Addresspoint) you must ensure that your card is linked to that billing address and it's the default billing address.
    You also need to ensure you use a Revolut card that has its country set to the UK. Some premium card and some of the new Visa cards have their country set to Ireland and won't work.
    If you are a premium user you should be able to generate a new virtual number and use that. If you are a standard user, try the existing virtual card.

Experience
    I am continuing to enjoy this, the choice is excellent, quality outstanding and the sound is extremely better than Spotify or even Tidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I assume you need an external DAC or a device that can play hi res audio to fully appreciate the sound quality of this service?

Kolido wrote: »
    I assume you need an external DAC or a device that can play hi res audio to fully appreciate the sound quality of this service?

Yes, here is what Amazon says about compatibility

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=mh_s9_acss_cg_AMHDEDU_2b1_w?node=3022219031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-10&pf_rd_r=W2VABZGXW7MGQ9N7KE04&pf_rd_t=1201&pf_rd_p=8ed87f40-877c-40a9-9574-8e033ca52c0d&pf_rd_i=9977826031#hd-anchor2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm using the app on an android box hooked up to a USB DAC which is showing that everything is being output at 24-192, regardless of the quality of the original recording. Some of the material I've listened to is definitely hi-res eg led zep, but a lot of seems to be 16-44 or even mp3 bulked up with empty data-there's no way of seeing or adjusting. As always, the quality is mainly determined by the studio production and engineering rather than higher "digital numbers."

how do you set revolut to UK

I tried to change my address to a uk address and my account got locked lol and I had to revert to the Irl address

glasso wrote: »
    how do you set revolut to UK

I tried to change my address to a uk address and my account got locked lol and I had to revert to the Irl address

You don’t need to set Revolut to UK, just Amazon.

You don’t need to set Revolut to UK, just Amazon.

changing default address to UK didn't work for me either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Maybe people who are getting the 3 month offer had already contacted Amazon to get their Prime Video account set to UK??

I did this a few months ago and got 3 months free when I clicked on the link posted here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

Not many options to stream Ultra HD music to speakers wirelessly it seems without adding a Bluesound or something similarly expensive.

Advertisement