Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heads-up: Superman Red Son

• 29-04-2003 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just thought I'd bring this to the attention of those who might not have otherwise noticed. DC are apparently not publicising this comic because the writer, Mark Millar, signed for Marvel.

Anyway, it's basically a 'what if' story about what would happen had Superman crash landed in Russia instead of the US. It's quite an interesting premise and it could turn out very well indeed.

Issue #1 (of 3) will be out this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm bored... So I did a bit of googling
    The link is an interview with Mark Millar...

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Did anyone get this? Is it any cop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Picked it up on Saturday.

I must admit, despite my total apathy towards Superman, I enjoyed it. The artwork is very, very good and the story is so far so good. There's plenty going on, and I'm sure DC fans will like the appearance of Wonder Woman (I presume, I'm not terribly au-fait with the DC universe) and a very young Batman.

Price is a bit hefty (~€7.50 in Third Place, €8.40 in Forbidden Planet), but I'll still be buying the next issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Must go pick it up. Not a massive Sups fan either but there's always been a soft spot there for him. Do you know when the rest of them are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I see that Mark Millar is credited as a graphic novel writer for DC's newest Superman: Red Son film. Really enjoyed the film, and
    like how they leave it open for a possible continuation, but under a new Superman universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

17 years. That's efficient recycling right there!

• the_syco wrote: »
    I see that Mark Millar is credited as a graphic novel writer for DC's newest Superman: Red Son film. Really enjoyed the film, and
    like how they leave it open for a possible continuation, but under a new Superman universe

Holy Epic zombie thread revival, Batman!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Holy Jeebus, this is some necrothreadage!

Must admit, I'm kinda curious about the new film - the motion comic version that came out years ago seemed a missed opportunity (because motion comics, basically), but this time they seem to be doing it right. Not sure I want to pay brand-new-disc costs for it, though, so may wait a while...

Advertisement