Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

P60 2018

Options
  • 20-04-2021 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I can't find my P60 for 2018 and my Employer say they can't issue it again, i think too much time has passed. I need this for a Mortgage application and i can't progress without it. The revenue also advised they need the P60 for the same year for the HTBS application and i have no idea how or where can i get my P60 for 2018?

Anyone know what i can do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Klopp wrote: »
    I can't find my P60 for 2018 and my Employer say they can't issue it again, i think too much time has passed. I need this for a Mortgage application and i can't progress without it. The revenue also advised they need the P60 for the same year for the HTBS application and i have no idea how or where can i get my P60 for 2018?

Anyone know what i can do next?

Does Revenue not have your pay and tax information on file for 2018 from your employer? Your employer is the only one who can issue you a P60. If they can issue you a physical P60 they should be able to provide all the P60 information in writing on their company letterhead to you for Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Does Revenue not have your pay and tax information on file for 2018 from your employer? Your employer is the only one who can issue you a P60. If they can issue you a physical P60 they should be able to provide all the P60 information in writing on their company letterhead to you for Revenue.

The Revenue only has my statement of liability for 2018 but not my P60. I have contacted my previous employer's HR for a copy and waiting to hear from them. I did read these are only kept on file for a period of three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Klopp wrote: »
    The Revenue only has my statement of liability for 2018 but not my P60. I have contacted my previous employer's HR for a copy and waiting to hear from them. I did read these are only kept on file for a period of three years.

The statement of liability from Revenue has the pay and tax amounts as declared by the employer and as would have shown on a P60 if you had it. Revenue are asking you for a document showing the very information they already have on file for you. It is sometimes frustrating that departments look for information they have just not in the actual document type they want for this purpose.

Banks granted still look for P60s but should now accept SOL's as I had to file an eF12 and get that for someone recently for a mortgage application.

As relax carry on said, the former employer might provide the information on a letterhead in the style of a P60 if that would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Stratvs wrote: »
    The statement of liability from Revenue has the pay and tax amounts as declared by the employer and as would have shown on a P60 if you had it. Revenue are asking you for a document showing the very information they already have on file for you. It is sometimes frustrating that departments look for information they have just not in the actual document type they want for this purpose.

Banks granted still look for P60s but should now accept SOL's as I had to file an eF12 and get that for someone recently for a mortgage application.

As relax carry on said, the former employer might provide the information on a letterhead in the style of a P60 if that would help.

I rang the revenue earlier, there is a problem with my SOL for 2018, seems there was an error which they rectified and i will be issued a new updated SOL showing my income earned for the year 2018. I wouldn't mind, i have all previous P60 going back a number of years except for 2018.

Thanks for the replies guy/gals, put my mind at ease with this process which isn't easy as most know.

i am more confident about it now.

Advertisement