Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi A4: scumbag car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actually have this little game when I go for walks.

You hear loud music banging out of some car, but you don't see the car yet. 90% it's going to be VW, 8% it's going to be something from VW family like Audi. The other 1% going to be a lad in white Van and the rest is 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Vicxas wrote: »
    You're forgetting The CB radio antenna too

But no actual CB

You hear loud music banging out of some car, but you don't see the car yet. 90% it's going to be VW, 8% it's going to be something from VW family like Audi. The other 1% going to be a lad in white Van and the rest is 1%.

And almost all will be rough and looking like they're being held together by willpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Today's modern day scumbag car is the Golf R[/
    Not yet, give it a while though.

I always think that BMW and Audi’s get to a certain age when they become affordable and driven by the dodgy types.
    Black A6 S lines with 20’s and all the windows tinted or the 520d’s with similar spec and lots of M badges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

maddness wrote: »
    Today's modern day scumbag car is the Golf R[/
    Not yet, give it a while though.

No it is, walk through any estate in West or North Dublin and spot the Golf R to find out who's peddling what :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭kirving

Was out for a jog the other day and had a guy in felt spec Volvo S40 1.6d slow down beside me (I was on the path) and attempt to roll coal at me, and yes they actually call it that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal

Can't wait for the day the NCT test for this.

kirving wrote: »
    Was out for a jog the other day and had a guy in felt spec Volvo S40 1.6d slow down beside me (I was on the path) and attempt to roll coal at me, and yes they actually call it that.

Nct? They just change them back, get tested and **** the car up again.

New generations. Civic was the car if choice when I started driving. When I was about 30 it seemed to be ****ty starlets. Not it's a4.

The car being cheap at the 10 year mark seems to be a factor.

The last in his 40s that has put thousands into his **** box but still lives at home are the ones I save my point and laughs for

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

An honourable mention for the Altezza?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Nct? They just change them back, get tested and **** the car up again.

Just a case of changing the map, not incredibly time consuming or difficult at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What did the Guards say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Thing is you can pick up a 2012 M Sport for about 10-11k, in my head a 2012 car is still quite a fresh car. The same year Audi A4 is cheaper still and both cars are quite affordable (and unfortunately modifiable) to a lot of people. Some people see a badge and think €€€ but not really in the case of both the above cars. In my town, there’s a certain profession that are importing and vrt’ing M sports and A6’s and they’re all 2015/16. Same profession, where the troops claim the pay is terrible!!

I’ve had 3 glanzas in the past, all brought in Japan myself and not a thing done to them engine wise. Was never into the modified scene, never went to a ‘meet’ , never raced them, just a fun car to drive and have always regretted selling the last one I owned.

For me there’s one modified type that just screams scumbag and that’s the caddy or transit that’s been lowered, bull bar and side steps and a light bar on the bull bar with 20’ alloys and fancy number plates.

No it is, walk through any estate in West or North Dublin and spot the Golf R to find out who's peddling what :pac:

The unauthorised pharmaceutical sales men...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Some snobbiness in this thread, young fellas will buy what they can afford and in that 10 year old bracket A4s passats and golfs are nicer places to be for sitting in forecourts than other offerings.

Same whinging done over young ones all have the same haircut and clothes no ones original!

It's the is200 that are up to no good in fairness, but they are just this generations twincam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seen a passat around doing that all the time twin exhausts covering the place in soot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Today's modern day scumbag car is the Golf R

One drove through lights and nearly hit my car on the front passenger side as the driver decided to drive through the lights when red for him and green for me.

I thought all the buses did the 'roll coal' thing. There has long been a moderate case for wearing a mask when cycling where there are a lot of buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Very much so.

The getaway car of choice for many too.

History checks on lots of ones for sale in the uk are apparently eye opening...

Scumbag gets a very loose definition on here by many.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Bif wrote: »
    An honourable mention for the Altezza?

Prices have sky-rocketed. Decent ones were bought for 4-5k not terribly long ago, looking at double that now. They'll go the way the AE86s did, mark my words.

Lexus is200's are the scumbags go-to cheap RWD these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

Go back to 2007 and type this about Glanzas.

Skip to 2011 and search "IS200".

EDIT: FFS... did not see the posts above :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's the one thing I love about my Glanza, as soon as I drive that scumbag boy racer side comes out in me but I also have an A6 so I'm more of a high class scumbag maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

maddness wrote: »
    The unauthorised pharmaceutical sales men...

Street pharmacists?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Volkswagen-Polo-1.3-1998-1-6054-768x512.jpg

I still remember a few years back an African lad driving one of these through Dundalk for a year or two, with the loudest sound system of all time installed. It must have been worth 10 times the value of the car, it was deafening. Absolute legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I still remember a few years back an African lad driving one of these through Dundalk for a year or two, with the loudest sound system of all time installed. It must have been worth 10 times the value of the car, it was deafening. Absolute legend.

18 years ago I had a banging sound system in my Civic. Big amp, 6x9's and a big bass speaker in the boot the back window would be hopping. Back then I was into hardcore and hard house music so go through a city or town I would turn it up but once in a quiet area or countryside I would have it at a normal sound.

Just to remind people that was 18 or 19 years ago so just a young fella. I also only done that for a year or two and got more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Scumbag or skanger car is a bit of an over reaction. Every college car park will have modified Audi, BMW, VW and JDM cars. Are they are drug dealings, criminals or dole lifers OP? They certainly don't all live in rough estates either.

I have no interest in these diesel smoke machines but seriously OP, they are hardly going around killing and raping before them are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

18 years ago I had a banging sound system in my Civic. Big amp, 6x9's and a big bass speaker in the boot the back window would be hopping. Back then I was into hardcore and hard house music so go through a city or town I would turn it up but once in a quiet area or countryside I would have it at a normal sound.

Just to remind people that was 18 or 19 years ago so just a young fella. I also only done that for a year or two and got more sense.

That was last week, admit it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Premium brands become a few years old and become very affordable. So any idiot can buy a half a decade old a4 or an a6. I find it sad to see this happen with BMW's in particular. To me it damages their premium brand reputation when you see 21 year olds driving them with their aftermarket M sticker and tinted tail lights. It just turns me off them and I have had a few BM's over the years. You have to sort of get one that is inaccessible to chav type young fellas to feel like your driving something special. A relatively new 4 series coupe is a beautiful car to me but they are getting old now and have seen young lads starting to drive them with tinted lights and M series painted grills on them.

I acquired a Porsche Boxster not too long ago and almost never see another one on my daily routine let alone a young person with stickers all over one. Thank God.

The OP drives a Skoda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Some snobs galore in this thread, and 95% of them living on PCP and finance. Not everyone wants to tie themselves to car salesman's salaries for the rest of their lives, preferring instead to buy within their means.

Cop on and look at your own life first before sneering others to try and make you own life seem somehow better than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

mondeo wrote: »
    Premium brands become a few years old and become very affordable. So any idiot can buy a half a decade old a4 or an a6. I find it sad to see this happen with BMW's in particular. To me it damages their premium brand reputation when you see 21 year olds driving them with their aftermarket M sticker and tinted tail lights. It just turns me off them and I have had a few BM's over the years. You have to sort of get one that is inaccessible to chav type young fellas to feel like your driving something special. A relatively new 4 series coupe is a beautiful car to me but they are getting old now and have seen young lads starting to drive them with tinted lights and M series painted grills on them.

I acquired a Porsche Boxster not too long ago and almost never see another one on my daily routine let alone a young person with stickers all over one. Thank God.

Did you buy the pipe and flat cap the same day or did you get them first?

Advertisement