Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winparts.ie

• 13-04-2021 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an experience buying from winparts.ie? Prices seem much better than other sites. Two blue print drop links from micksgarage for my car are €70. Only €36 on winparts.ie. exact same part. How is that possible to be that much of a gap in price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Other thread is closed. I just price checked some Brembo brake discs and they are super cheap. Seems to be legit from reading the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

etxp wrote: »
    Other thread is closed. I just price checked some Brembo brake discs and they are super cheap. Seems to be legit from reading the other thread.

Yeah I've had a good look at a few parts on the site, everything is so much cheaper and I've crosschecked the part number against other sites and usually half the price or around that. Sachs rear shock absorbers are €80 on winparts and €125 on irishautoparts. For the exact same part. And sachs from what I've heard are a premium brand probably better than the oem shocks that are on the car. I wonder has the price anything to do with the fact the parts come from the Netherlands. Maybe different tax etc. Either that or other websites are massively inflating their profits. I've seen enough to make an order with them next time I need something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Needs to be reasonably priced with €12 delivery.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Needs to be reasonably priced with €12 delivery.

Even with the delivery costs it still works out cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    Anyone have an experience buying from winparts.ie? Prices seem much better than other sites. Two blue print drop links from micksgarage for my car are €70. Only €36 on winparts.ie. exact same part. How is that possible to be that much of a gap in price

ive Used Winparts.ie a good few time recently and all is good,no problems at all.
    only niggle is it takes ages for the order to be processed and shipped.
    other than that id recommend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    ive Used Winparts.ie a good few time recently and all is good,no problems at all.
    Not opening for me, double googled it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I've used them and found them great. Parts were cheap and very quick to arrive.

Not opening for me, double googled it

Works fine for me, strange

mondeoman2 wrote: »

I can get over that if there's money to be saved. I tried it out and ordered something yesterday, just because, apparently I'm getting new anti roll bar links and bushes for the rear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

Works fine for me, strange

Maybe it's my security settings but copy and pasted and won't open on google

Maybe it's my security settings but copy and pasted and won't open on google

Could be, that's my webpage open

Just to update on winparts order, ordered on Wednesday 14th, it was shipped Saturday 17th, was due to arrive today but didn't arrive because the usual courier bad service UPS taking the p1$$, hopefully will arrive tomorrow but it got from Netherlands to Ireland in less than a working week. Been in Ireland since Wednesday 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Just to update on winparts order, ordered on Wednesday 14th, it was shipped Saturday 17th, was due to arrive today but didn't arrive because the usual courier bad service UPS taking the p1$$, hopefully will arrive tomorrow but it got from Netherlands to Ireland in less than a working week. Been in Ireland since Wednesday 21st

Had my fist order recently and took about a week too. Good service and prices

MAJJ wrote: »
    Had my fist order recently and took about a week too. Good service and prices

My order arrived today, not too bad 7 working days, Wednesday to the following Friday, from order placed to delivery. Only got anti roll bar links and a top up of blue loctite and the difference in price between that (including delivery) and the other sites in Ireland and UK was €35, madness. Will definitely be giving winparts my custom for anything else I need

UPDATE: unfortunately one of the parts I ordered was defective. One drop link was fine, the other is knackered straight out of the box, ball joint on one end is very loose and feels like there's no grease inside when you move it by hand(finger really) you can feel the metal on metal inside the joint knocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

My order arrived today, not too bad 7 working days, Wednesday to the following Friday, from order placed to delivery. Only got anti roll bar links and a top up of blue loctite and the difference in price between that (including delivery) and the other sites in Ireland and UK was €35, madness. Will definitely be giving winparts my custom for anything else I need

UPDATE: unfortunately one of the parts I ordered was defective. One drop link was fine, the other is knackered straight out of the box, ball joint on one end is very loose and feels like there's no grease inside when you move it by hand(finger really) you can feel the metal on metal inside the joint knocking

Is blueprint not pure dirt?

newmember? wrote: »

Not in my opinion, I've used plenty of their parts and no issues. This part was defective out of the box. Blueprint are under the umbrella of Febi Bilstein, along with Febi and Swag. They're a quality brand. The links i received, while one being bad, have a much thicker rubber boot on them and feel more solid to me than the oem ones that came off the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

That a pia. Interested to see how they handle returns etc must be fairly common. I also got the locktite their cross selling and pricing very effective!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

OK, winparts advertise 2 day shipping on their site, but most parts won't ship that quick, it's usually at least a week between order and arrival, sometimes longer.
    The other irritation is that if the business here in Ireland is VAT registered, they should ship as export (0%) VAT, but for reasons unknown, that's not working correctly at the moment, so we've had to chase them up to get the VAT refunded, and then get a revised invoice for the paperwork here, which is a PAIN.
    Parts quality is good, and the range they carry is also good, and for quite a few things, cheaper than most.
    Brexit has made UK suppliers non competitive, so this is a good alternative.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

MAJJ wrote: »
    That a pia. Interested to see how they handle returns etc must be fairly common. I also got the locktite their cross selling and pricing very effective!

Their customer service has been quite good, they replied to my complaint and when I didn't reply within a couple days they emailed again to say if you send us a video of the defect shown we'll send you a new part, simple as. So I've sent the video and will update again when I hear back

• Advertisement

OK, winparts advertise 2 day shipping on their site, but most parts won't ship that quick, it's usually at least a week between order and arrival, sometimes longer.
    The other irritation is that if the business here in Ireland is VAT registered, they should ship as export (0%) VAT, but for reasons unknown, that's not working correctly at the moment, so we've had to chase them up to get the VAT refunded, and then get a revised invoice for the paperwork here, which is a PAIN.
    Parts quality is good, and the range they carry is also good, and for quite a few things, cheaper than most.
    Brexit has made UK suppliers non competitive, so this is a good alternative.

I have very little understanding of that so excuse my ignorance, sounds like more hassle than its worth, getting the parts much cheaper anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BavarianCare

newmember? wrote: »

Yes they are. Didn't use to be but are for years

Not in my opinion, I've used plenty of their parts and no issues. This part was defective out of the box. Blueprint are under the umbrella of Febi Bilstein, along with Febi and Swag. They're a quality brand. The links i received, while one being bad, have a much thicker rubber boot on them and feel more solid to me than the oem ones that came off the car

Febi are yet another brand that have become just that - a 'brand' with most of their stuff. Look at their boxes, they generally say "Febi Germany" NOT Made In Germany.
    An exception can be made for their timing chains which are OE for BMW as an example. But they're not Febi - they're reboxed.

The only 2 quality suspension brands that you can be reasonably sure of anymore are Lemforder & TRW although with some applications they can be hit and miss too.

Globalization, profits and IN MY OPINION the main reason for this is the fact that retail customers WILL NOT pay for quality. It's 99% cheap price.
    As a result I've often had customers turn up with their own parts to fit and I turn them away...

Before I get slated for that - what happens when they fail prematurely? I get the blame because it's always "So & So fitted them" NOT "I gave so & so sh1te to fit.

My motto: If the only complaint you have is that you're expensive then you don't have any complaints at all...

Yes they are. Didn't use to be but are for years

I respect your opinion but in my experience they seem fine, haven't had any issues, that being said I've only used their filters for oil, air etc, and drop links so maybe other stuff isn't so good.

Febi are yet another brand that have become just that - a 'brand' with most of their stuff. Look at their boxes, they generally say "Febi Germany" NOT Made In Germany.
    An exception can be made for their timing chains which are OE for BMW as an example. But they're not Febi - they're reboxed.

The only 2 quality suspension brands that you can be reasonably sure of anymore are Lemforder & TRW although with some applications they can be hit and miss too.

Globalization, profits and IN MY OPINION the main reason for this is the fact that retail customers WILL NOT pay for quality. It's 99% cheap price.
    As a result I've often had customers turn up with their own parts to fit and I turn them away...

Before I get slated for that - what happens when they fail prematurely? I get the blame because it's always "So & So fitted them" NOT "I gave so & so sh1te to fit.

My motto: If the only complaint you have is that you're expensive then you don't have any complaints at all...

I drive an i40 so would you know of the better aftermarket stuff for Korean cars? I've seen you post often here and you seem like an experienced car enthusiast, so I'll take you at your word.

I respect your opinion but in my experience they seem fine, haven't had any issues, that being said I've only used their filters for oil, air etc, and drop links so maybe other stuff isn't so good.

Blue Print Oil Filter (I don't know the BluePrint number and don't want to but the Mann reference is HU 815/2x)

Petrol E90 316i
    Filter collapsed within 4k causing drop in oil pressure. Was just caught in time and fitting a new Mann filter fixed it.

The difference in cost for Oil Service was €90 vs €140 for customer. He went for the cheaper place, that time, but swears never again... He shudders to think what would have happened if he went there with his 530d

I drive an i40 so would you know of the better aftermarket stuff for Korean cars? I've seen you post often here and you seem like an experienced car enthusiast, so I'll take you at your word.

Sorry, I don't really know for Kia/Hyundai.
    Can you get to a dealers storeroom and find out what they use OE? ;)

99% of what I do is German.

Sorry, I don't really know for Kia/Hyundai.
    Can you get to a dealers storeroom and find out what they use OE? ;)

99% of what I do is German.

Fair enough, most of the aftermarket stuff I see listed is Blue Print, Japanparts. I may look elsewhere so for the service items as there are Mann options there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Tried this site for the first time for a few suspension parts (springs and top mounts), everything was listed on the site as being in stock but after checkout I received an email the next day saying there was a delay which everything by about a month. Customer service were available to chat online so they cancelled and refunded the order.

• Advertisement

Tried this site for the first time for a few suspension parts (springs and top mounts), everything was listed on the site as being in stock but after checkout I received an email the next day saying there was a delay which everything by about a month. Customer service were available to chat online so they cancelled and refunded the order.

Same with Mr.Auto last week.
    Havent used mr auto in 2 years so dont know if its normal

Advertisement