Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Prime video

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

I have the regular prime UK with the video working but no music. Is the Music Geo locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

From my dablings in this amazon prime business it looks lile some countries have it included (India) and others don't (like UK and Turkey).
    I guess India has it geolocked in the sense you can't use a foreign credit card to sign up to it, there is that gift card workaround.
    Now I'm working on transferring playslist between services.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Turkey doesn't inlude amazon music. The Indian subscription it is a bit more expensive but includes video and music which i wanted because all my stuff is alexa controlled.
    I did get youtube from the other thread but alexa and youtube music don't seem to like each other!

Thank you for explaining :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi all,

I have had a UK Amazon Prime video but after a recent Brexit, they switched it back to the Ireland Prime video. The content is very limited.

I have 4K stick and changed my IP to the UK but Prime video recognized that my location is not right and thus it didn't work.

Any other way around to get the US or UK Prime video?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Hi all,

I have had a UK Amazon Prime video but after a recent Brexit, they switched it back to the Ireland Prime video. The content is very limited.

I have 4K stick and changed my IP to the UK but Prime video recognized that my location is not right and thus it didn't work.

Buy a VPN service. Problem solved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't understand how they aren't geo blocked. Seems like a great deal

They ARE geo locked unless you bypass them using a third party DNS service such as Getflix or a VPN as some posters have stated.

Posters who aren't bypassing the geoblocks are getting Prime content for whichever country they are living in BUT they are paying a significantly lower price by nominating Turkey or India when setting up their accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Hi all,

Try Getflix DNS, it works great for my Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer and ITV hub, I don't use it much with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My Alexa app and all that is linked to my UK account.
    What will happen if I sign up to the India Prime? Will i need to move device "locations" to India too?

My Alexa app and all that is linked to my UK account.
    What will happen if I sign up to the India Prime? Will i need to move device "locations" to India too?

I only had to move devices to allow control of music app in my devices. Basically i deregistered devices, jninstalled Alexa then set up alexa again with an Indian location, checked if cast in the music app was showing device and was usable and then changed location back to Ireland. Now 4 of the alexa devices i own show in the cast option of Amazon music and i am now able to control music through the app on my phone.
    I'm still not able to stream to firecube or samsung sound bar. I'll figure it out i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I already tried SmartDNS VPN and Keepsolid VPN.

Somehow Prime Video knows that I am using VPN and gives an error "Check your device location". So it's not working for other countries.
    Buy a VPN service. Problem solved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

I only had to move devices to allow control of music app in my devices. Basically i deregistered devices, jninstalled Alexa then set up alexa again with an Indian location, checked if cast in the music app was showing device and was usable and then changed location back to Ireland. Now 4 of the alexa devices i own show in the cast option of Amazon music and i am now able to control music through the app on my phone.
    I'm still not able to stream to firecube or samsung sound bar. I'll figure it out i hope.

can you please check if you dont mind, do you have access to irish skills? for eg, can you search climote skill which is local to ireland?
    i moved my alexa location from india to ie but unable to find local skills

I can't find it either. I did a bit of googling and it looks like you loose local skills when the account is moved to another country. So you have to choose between music control ot local skills.
    Also figure out, if you decide to move account to India the trick is to move the kindle account to india
    Live and learn!
    So the lesson is, if you don't need to control muaic from your phone leave the account where it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Getflix dns or smart dns proxy are more reliable than vpn and much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

First payment went through today after my trial went out, but not without problems. Revolut blocked the payment and froze my virtual card. I had to go in and unfreeze it and say the transaction was OK but then Turkish Prime sent an email saying they'd suspended my account and I needed to update my payment method to continue. I just approved the virtual card again and the payment went through. Just saying this in case anybody else has the same issue.

On another note, the content is (a lot?) different than the UK Prime (and perhaps the Irish one). I watch via the app on Apple TV and I don't see any live events. I thought some live events were supposed to be available? And anybody know a way of accessing the UK/Irish or USA content?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

jakdublin wrote: »
    First payment went through today after my trial went out, but not without problems. Revolut blocked the payment and froze my virtual card. I had to go in and unfreeze it and say the transaction was OK but then Turkish Prime sent an email saying they'd suspended my account and I needed to update my payment method to continue. I just approved the virtual card again and the payment went through. Just saying this in case anybody else has the same issue.

On another note, the content is (a lot?) different than the UK Prime (and perhaps the Irish one). I watch via the app on Apple TV and I don't see any live events. I thought some live events were supposed to be available? And anybody know a way of accessing the UK/Irish or USA content?

Happened to me also. Everything set up and card open and 'bang' Revolut froze the card. I wouldn't mind but this card has previously been used on this a/c and was previously verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

jakdublin wrote: »

I use the Getflix Smart DNS and there is a good bit of content on it when Amazon Prime is set to Canada.
    For 90c/month it is excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

My first payment went through yesterday, 82c. In my revolut app is still on status pending so not sure if there is some issue with it. Revolut virtual card btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I have UK Prime but am not getting much content. Am I correct in saying that I would have to contact them to get my location changed back to Ireland? If I do this though will I lose the music options? (I seem to remember having to get it changed to UK location to get Amazon music working)

The other option here is GetFlix DNS, but does that not cost €60 a year?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have UK Prime but am not getting much content. Am I correct in saying that I would have to contact them to get my location changed back to Ireland? If I do this though will I lose the music options? (I seem to remember having to get it changed to UK location to get Amazon music working)

The other option here is GetFlix DNS, but does that not cost €60 a year?

Thanks

https://www.getflix.com.au/pricing/

55 us dollars for two years. Less than 50c EU per month. You can get iplayer & all the UK channels. You can also get hbomax, Showtime etc if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MartyMc69

Hi there,

Trying to sign up to Turkish prime, but the cost keeps defaulting to $7.90 and £7.90 .. im guessing it should obviously be TRL ....
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

If you're using the translate functiin in amazon.com.tr it could be that.
    You should still be charged in turkish lira though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

MartyMc69 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Trying to sign up to Turkish prime, but the cost keeps defaulting to $7.90 and £7.90 .. im guessing it should obviously be TRL ....
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
    If you're using the translate functiin in amazon.com.tr it could be that.
    Ypu should still be charged in turkish lira though

Yep as @mistress_gi says it will be 7.90TL when payment gets taken

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MartyMc69

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yep as @mistress_gi says it will be 7.90TL when payment gets taken

I'll give it a try so, thank you both,...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm trying to sign up to amazon turkey. Using Sharksurf vpn, I have verified using a new email address but then its asking for a Turkish phone number, so I entered a fake one but its sending a verification code to the number.

Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

I'm trying to sign up to amazon turkey. Using Sharksurf vpn, I have verified using a new email address but then its asking for a Turkish phone number, so I entered a fake one but its sending a verification code to the number.

Anyone else have this issue?
    I done it yesterday, didn't look for a verification code,can you try a different fake no.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

False alarm, I was trying to sign up to amazon with the Turkish vpn on and it was asking for the phone number verification.

I turned off the vpn and signed up to Irish amazon and it didn't ask for it. Got the account set up and then turned the vpn back on to register for prime. All good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Happened to me also. Everything set up and card open and 'bang' Revolut froze the card. I wouldn't mind but this card has previously been used on this a/c and was previously verified.

Got an email from Amazon today saying my account was suspended because my payment wouldn't go through. Had to unfreeze my Revolut card and go back into Amazon and confirm my card details. Payment was then taken. Strange. Hope I don't have to do this every month?

False alarm, I was trying to sign up to amazon with the Turkish vpn on and it was asking for the phone number verification.

I turned off the vpn and signed up to Irish amazon and it didn't ask for it. Got the account set up and then turned the vpn back on to register for prime. All good now!

There is no need for a VPN at all during this, glad you got sorted thought ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Got an email from Amazon today saying my account was suspended because my payment wouldn't go through. Had to unfreeze my Revolut card and go back into Amazon and confirm my card details. Payment was then taken. Strange. Hope I don't have to do this every month?

Same happened me. Was OK with them cancelling tbh for the month I had it there was nothing I watched on it and was just another subscription I probably didn't need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

If you already have a prime account on your firestick do you have to deregister that one before you log in with your new prime account?

Advertisement