Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW retrofits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey, did anyone find any audio installers to recommend? I'm looking to upgrade my audio in a Sprinter van, have everything bought and a bit of the electrics done, but would like someone who knows their audio (in terms of impedance, gain level, sensitivity etc) to help with the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Robbie IRE wrote: »
    Had a look at those guys but they dont seem to have a unit for e60/61.

I could get one off aliexpress or andream but I've never bought from either & I'm not sure if it's worth the risk .Also Aliexpress say if I order from EU stock I dont pay vat etc. Just sound iffy

I am running an Andream unit in my F10 and its been reliable so far in the 12 months or so that I have owned it. Had an issue with screen blanking initially but reached out to the support team and new software update resolved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Robbie IRE

Harcrid wrote: »
    I am running an Andream unit in my F10 and its been reliable so far in the 12 months or so that I have owned it. Had an issue with screen blanking initially but reached out to the support team and new software update resolved it.

So was that off the andream website you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Robbie IRE

cormie wrote: »
    Hey, did anyone find any audio installers to recommend? I'm looking to upgrade my audio in a Sprinter van, have everything bought and a bit of the electrics done, but would like someone who knows their audio (in terms of impedance, gain level, sensitivity etc) to help with the rest!

If you are in the westmeath area .Tomtech auto on Facebook also . Great guy fixed a load of electric issues I had with my e61. Does installing also

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, sent a message! It'd be a bit of a drive but let's see :)

• Advertisement

Robbie IRE wrote: »
    So was that off the andream website you bought it?

Got it from here.

https://www.android-car-dvd.de/collections/for-bmw

• Registered Users Posts: 21 faith76

Harcrid wrote: »
    Got it from here.

Was it easy to install it? I am considering to get a unit like this. Is it reliable? Thank you for your time.

If you are any way handy with removing some trim and panels then its quite straightforward. No issues so far with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

SpikeyBoi wrote: »
    Try Bmw coding Tipperary on facebook

Hes called M Coding now on facebook. he has a unit in Clonmel. Got a 6WB from him installed for 1050, it is MINT, i actually thought it was out of the box. Makes a crazy difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jerryc55

Can anybody recommend someone to retrofit NBT EVO ID6 in a 2014 F10?

• Advertisement

Yep, M-Coding in Clonmel. They did a 6WB for me in a 2016 F36. I did enquire about it and i think it was about 700 including the head unit. I have ID4 so i wont bother getting a 6

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I hope he is paying you commission.

Ha! No i was just very happy with the service. It was costing 1300 from GA coding from the UK all in so saved a bit of money and didn't have to do it remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Sorry to dig this thread up but I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully retrofitted CIC?
    I have an e92 that came with CCC and that unit failed just before Christmas. I have got a CIC system with screen and controller. It's from an F series car so I'll have to get creative with the LCD screen to fit it in the e90 housing I have.
    Waiting on cables to be delivered but I haven't ordered an emulator. Hoping to get around the emulator with some coding but can't find a definitive answer as to whether that's possible.

I installed this Apple CarPlay unit today into my 2011 F10. Very impressed so far and allows full wireless Carplay or wired Android Auto. Time will tell if its buggy or not but first impressions are good at least.

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/products/ew964wadcp-f10-f11-f18?variant=35143168786595

542541.JPG

542542.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Very nice. I have a f30 330e, comes with the 8 inch screen.
    Managed to get carplay enabled, but sadly i am an android user.
    Cant believe how anti android bmw are...

Advertisement