Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

blade1 wrote: »

Nearly €5800 jesus that's spicy

13 isn't really far off market worth, but 100% take it over the other yoke.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Nearly €5800 jesus that's spicy

13 isn't really far off market worth, but 100% take it over the other yoke.

What would the SRAD be after vat and vrt if applicable.

I like the colours but I remember when you could pick these up for €1300.
    I suppose current market it around a €3k bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Jesus wept :-(

Jesus wept :-(

You could have this for less

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-cbr600/27869376

• Advertisement

Ooh I could prob do my A test on that and sell it afterwards with a profit :-)

Ooh I could prob do my A test on that and sell it afterwards with a profit :-)

For that money you'd surely not lose anything on it.

It's seems to have a different fairing on its right hand side but compared to the Honda 50 it's showroom condition :rolleyes:

For that money you'd surely not lose anything on it.

It's seems to have a different fairing on its right hand side but compared to the Honda 50 it's showroom condition :rolleyes:
    Yeah well spotted the top of the fairing or Right is black and one on left is Red :-)
    the brain slap obviously was not that serious :-)
    J

Yeah well spotted.
    the brain slap obviously was not that serious :-)
    J

Reset all the previous damage.
    Like plugging out and plugging in again :D

Helmet, trousers and jacket free with it.

At a guess the helmet is junk.
    Sell trousers and jacket and put proceeds towards replacing that wrong fairing piece.

If consumables were all ok, it's not burning oil and no serious damage to it it wouldn't be a bad buy at all.
    You'd get over if it's a little rough for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Lads, I'm just posting this up as a warning. If you're interested in buying a Fazer for sale in Clare, drop me a PM. Have some very relevant info.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note... if any of the newer posters here (and prospective bikers) are looking to buy a bike, be VERY careful as you could get stung. There are some unscrupulous sellers out there who will sell you a bag of trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Lads, I'm just posting this up as a warning. If you're interested in buying a Fazer for sale in Clare, drop me a PM. Have some very relevant info.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note... if any of the newer posters here (and prospective bikers) are looking to buy a bike, be VERY careful as you could get stung. There are some unscrupulous sellers out there who will sell you a bag of trouble...

and suddenly the done deal queries for bikes based in clare take a huge leap!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Goose81

Why not just say what's wrong with it? Presume it's been crashed..

Lots of people browse this forum but don't post, if you have info about the bike you should put it here.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Why not just say what's wrong with it? Presume it's been crashed..

Lots of people browse this forum but don't post, if you have info about the bike you should put it here.

Fair enough.

The chap selling the Fazer sold me my Blackbird last year. The Bird had a tonne of issues wrong with her that didn't show up on the short test drive, and my dumb ass has very little mechanical knowledge. He knew she needed a load of fixes but said nothing.

Hands in the air, I was a dummy to go and buy it alone. But I'd hate someone else to make that mistake too, so if anyone is going to see that bike or deal with that seller, give the bike a VERY thorough inspection (or get it checked professionally), as well as a long test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Goose81

Fair enough.

The chap selling the Fazer sold me my Blackbird last year. The Bird had a tonne of issues wrong with her that didn't show up on the short test drive, and my dumb ass has very little mechanical knowledge. He knew she needed a load of fixes but said nothing.

Hands in the air, I was a dummy to go and buy it alone. But I'd hate someone else to make that mistake too, so if anyone is going to see that bike or deal with that seller, give the bike a VERY thorough inspection (or get it checked professionally), as well as a long test drive.

I think you are being very harsh on yourself, there can be so much wrong with a bike especially one that more than say 4 or so years old it would take alot more than a test drive to find issues.

I traded my Ducati into BMW with a blown head gasket on it and they didn't even spot it and they had checked it fairly thoroughly. The only way they would have found out is to ride it hard for 30 mins or do a compression test.

If a garage like that missed that what chance does a punter have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Devil must have owned it before him.

zubair wrote: »
    Devil must have owned it before him.

The things this bike was put through! Poor LollipopJimmy has seen her. She must have had some voodoo curses put on her before me. Absolute hacks of mechanics.

Thankfully, Ronan Pentony worked some witchdoctor magic last year and seems to have removed all the bad juju. She's running well ever since.

The beat example was the bike overheating. When Pentony checked it, some arsehole has rammed a fan in that wasn't for a Blackbird. The blade was jammed against the front of the rad so it couldn't spin... so the motor had burnt out. Birds run hot at the best of times so the poor girl would cook unless moving at 80km/h or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Don't know what happened to mine. Wouldnt buy another one.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Don't know what happened to mine. Wouldnt buy another one.

What's next on the menu?

• Advertisement

What's next on the menu?

Enjoying the extra garage space :). In the past month I went from 4 to 2 bikes.

I'll see how long that lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Good clean condition they say - looks like it was rescued from the bottom of the sea :pac:

batman_oh wrote: »
    Good clean condition they say - looks like it was rescued from the bottom of the sea :pac:

Pictures are always taken from the other side of the car park. In person they usually look worse.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Pictures are always taken from the other side of the car park. In person they usually look worse.

I remember one time ringing a bike shop and asking for an accurate description before taking a half day or more off to travel to see it.
    All I got back was "well it's not a new bike you're buying".
    I replied "ok that will do, let's forget about it so."

You see on ads "no time wasters".
    There's actually more time wasters selling bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Time wasters just testing the water...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

that 'no time wasters' annoys me. You ask questions about the bike, and just because you are not banging the door down with cash at the merest whiff of a bike being sold, you are branded a time waster. If i see that, i tend to steer clear of ads.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Time wasters just testing the water...

Not pushed on selling... (bullsh!t)
    If doesn't sell will keep.. ( well its either that or scrap it Einstein)
    €1234
    Not sure if I'm selling..( oh f#ck off)
    No time wasters translation - offer my ridiculous asking price or f#ck off
    The price is the price - I'm unrealistic and stubborn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Not pushed on selling... (bullsh!t)
    If doesn't sell will keep.. ( well its either that or scrap it Einstein)
    €1234
    Not sure if I'm selling..( oh f#ck off)
    No time wasters translation - offer my ridiculous asking price or f#ck off
    The price is the price - I'm unrealistic and stubborn

I see any of those and think 'Next!'

lennymc wrote: »
    I see any of those and think 'Next!'

110%

• Advertisement

Was it cienciano that was thinking of a Futura.
    Considering prices these days this is a serious amount of bike for the money.
    Low mileage and all mods done apparently.
    Bargain!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprilia-futura-rst1000/27923373

Advertisement