Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's good for regularly cleaning bird poop off a car?

Options
  • 19-04-2021 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

The place I'm living in is a bit forested. This, lots of trees equals lots of bird poop. Every day I goto work, I'm having to clean a few well aimed projectiles off the windscreen. The rest of the car usually gets hit s bit as well. Have tried placing shiny things over the car, but that only really kept the birds away for s few days, before they resumed the morning bombing campaign.

So, wondering what's good at getting bird poop off the windscreen & car body, that won't cause issues for the paint over time. Don't mind if I have to use separate solutions for the windows & body.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Kitchen paper.

What I do is get some wet kitchen paper and place it over the offending item, leaving it for a while. This then softens the offending article and it can be then wiped off. You are trying to avoid scrubbing so leave it soften.

There are some products on the market. I've used Poor Boys Bird Sh#t Remover (Yes that's it's name https://www.poorboysworld.co.uk/shop/poorboys-world-bird-sht-remover/) in the past but I found it too aggressive on coatings and waxes so I reverted back to the wet kitchen paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Exactly as Ian says above!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If using wet kitchen paper, try wetting it with rainwater rather than tap water especially if your water has lime in it.

Gtechniq QD or CarPro Elixir are good for this job too. Spray a bit on, let it soften the crap then wipe away with kitchen paper. I prefer to use toilet roll though as it's a bit softer and you can flush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My housemate got her car cleaned on Monday; really nice. By Tuesday morning, there was 7 fresh hits on the bonnet.

I stopped counting after my car got hit 10 times :pac: Though the windscreen usually has at least one fresh hit every morning, sometimes four.

I think I may look at the electronic gadgets to scare away the birds.

Advertisement