Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Citroen C5X. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

road_high wrote: »
    I thought DS showed promise- French style and sophistication in a car. The DS7 suv even looked an attractive price. But they seemed to not take off (I guess most will say shock horror there, but that is a very attractive car).
    There’s so many brands in the new Fiat-PSA group it’s hard to see where it lies- probably money better spent on the Peugeot brand to finally bring it up on a par with VW and make more money that way

The problem with DS here, is there's no real dealers here yet or even a website! DS Automobiles was setup as a standalone brand in 2015. The DS website (www.dsautomobiles.ie) was setup here in mid 2016, but it was a disaster, the configurator would screw up the options as you built a car. We will see how Gowan deals with this over the next few years. Citroen in Airside was really the DS home, but they need to get DS as a brand away from the Citroen brand and what I mean by that is, when you search for DS cars on car websites, the websites are still listing newer DS's as Citroens, this is not just here, but also in the NI and in the UK. DS / Citroen should have educated there dealers to stop referring to the DS branded cars as Citroens. The DS name is also problematic as they have launched a new car last year called the 9, and if you google DS 9 google confuses the search with Deep Space 9 :rolleyes: :o

So the new Citroen C5X has competition in this new segment with the Ford Evos or maybe Ford will call it a Mondeo!

https://www.motor1.com/news/501822/ford-evos-reveal-photos/

2021-ford-evos-cn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actually really like it and Citroën lately is the only manufacturer that makes unique looking cars, not just same old style, but with different badge. I am quite a fan of C5 Aircross and when you see it in wild, it really pops out.

The biggest issue will be:

Price, when it comes to Ireland
    General public here, who just don't like citroen.

Combine those two and its pretty much dead, before it even arrives to showroom. Buying it new will mean you have to marry it, because after few years it will have no value at all. If you want to buy one second hand for cheaper, you won't be able, because no one bought it in the first place.

All in all, I really like it, but it already failed in Ireland, because people here will go for old reliable Octavia, passat or "insert any kind of cross over".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,553 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

GeneHunt wrote: »
    So the new Citroen C5X has competition in this new segment with the Ford Evos or maybe Ford will call it a Mondeo!

https://www.motor1.com/news/501822/ford-evos-reveal-photos/

2021-ford-evos-cn.jpg

That's quite nice. Does not even look like a Ford although I can't say I like that dash or should it be screen. Not much of a dash. Prefer the inside of the Citroen.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Seen a Citroen C5-X in the metal today. A big car. Very classy looking.

Hard to know who will buy it do.

Anyone in here look at it or buy one?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Cui bono?

Ms

Not if there is none sold you won't lol.

I would say if heated seats were standard or even on option Citroen might sell some but as it is that alone might put some people if it. They would make a great taxi do they really are huge.

This will probably be the very last big Citroen. It's strange where Citroen are at the moment with this Huge big classy car and then at the bottom of the Citroen range the Ami. That is probably where Citroen are heading though to making more affordable innovative cars like the Ami and the recent Oli concept.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭creedp

No problem selling big cars, just stick 20+ inch wheels and some chunky plastic cladding on it and call it an SUV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Was in a Citroën dealer yesterday picked up parts and had a good look at the C5X, they are an absolute monstrosity of a yoke

Ms

I think that's harsh.

They are a big car yes but very classy, comfortable and quiet. I have seen one driving on the M4 already so there is at least two of them out there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Just seen them online. I like the look of them and I’ve always been anti-crossover. Have to get some parts in Citroen soon so will check it out when I’m in there.

Cui bono?

Ms

If its too big for you the C4 is there too and the new C4-X is due out soon too. Its a booted version of the C4 which is nice to see. I think Citroen could steel some sales from Renault and others who no longer have a saloon in there range any more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is that not offset because the latch of the boot is centered?

Ms

No but have seen one in the metal and have watched plenty of reviews online on You-Tube etc.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s just bad design to have such a clumsy massive camera and then also have it offset.

Looks more like an afterthought than design.

Very disappointing as we've always had Citroens in the family - the BX was a super car. Had a Xantia too - and although it had the hydropneumatic suspension the car overall felt softer than the BX. Next was a Xsara with the steel suspension. It was bland to look at, bland inside and the suspension was akin to a Massey Ferguson.

Supposedly this new suspension setup is meant to be really good, but the car itself just doesn't appeal.

Is the new saloon car coming or what has happened to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

That's what I thought, but it says:

The saloon will sit on the same EMP2 platform as its sibling models, the Peugeot 508 and new DS 9. Like those models, it will be offered with regular combustion engines and a plug-in hybrid powertrain that can yield more than 39 miles of electric-only range.

I can't see Citroen doing another big saloon, the C5 X is it if you ask me. Hadn't Citroen described the C5 X as a cross between a saloon and a SUV? Stellantis is going that way with it's brands at the moment, Peugeot has the 408, and rumour is the next Opel Insignia is going to be C5 X / 408 spinoff too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Bring back the C6, gorgeous car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I had one parked on the driveway last night (not mine) and took time to admire it. Yeah, the C5X is a nice looking car but the C6 blows it away, imo.

Ms

I am sure I have a C6 brochure. Must dig it out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Sat in one yesterday at a show and really liked it. Was v modern inside with v high quality switches and trim and the one I saw had lovely designed leather seats. Compared to something like a Tesla Model 3 or ID4 it was so much nicer. Very roomy too and boot well shaped. I would say the nearest competitor is the Skoda Superb.

No idea of pricing but as other said it going to depreciate massively as all large French cars have. Importing a two year old phev version from U.K. might be an option in another year or two. It would make a great company car option too if residuals aren't important

Ms

What was the show?

That might be harder than you think. The British are not too keen on buying big French cars either unfortunately.

I think Citroen just need to make it fully electric and market it at Tesla and VW and they could sell a lot more.

Great review of it here,

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Holiday world show in Belfast. Yeah you’re right though - numbers sold in U.K. won’t be high either. Used DS9 appearing over there now but not cheap enough to import

Ms

Awe very good.

Ye I doubt there would be many of them. Mostly aimed at China that car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Just seen someone driving around in there 231-KE grey Citroen C5X in Celbridge.

Great to see.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBG

Hoping to pick up my C5X by the end of this week (as long as the bank plays ball) but really excited about it. I've loved it since our first test drive. We have a no.2 who recently just arrived and the current barge just does not have the space for a toddler and newborn. Plenty of space and extremely comfortable but understand it's horses for courses. I was always a fan of the Skoda Suburb estate but the C5X has won both of us over.

• Advertisement

Best of luck and I hope you have many miles of happy motoring

Advertisement