Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Customer Service

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

What you'd wonder is, how is Eir still in business, people must be able to leave and not pay, even if Eir fails to honour or permit it easily, you can cancel your DD, inform them by email, log all your efforts, log complaint with Comreg who by the sounds of it will do nothing, keep that sent email ina folder, one less customer and so on, when they reach a certain level, surely they have to fold, close up shop? Doesn't Sky do broadband by satellite?? must be some options.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Eir own the whole network so will never fold up - don't matter who your provider is Eir are profiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

fritzelly wrote: »
    Eir own the whole network so will never fold up - don't matter who your provider is Eir are profiting

Yes, but people dont have to get an account with them directly, that seems to be where the problem is, I realise there must be many locations where there arent other service providers but there must be many where there is some option. Based on all Ive read, and I had some dealings with them, but not as an account holder, Id stay away from them whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

1874 wrote: »
    Yes, but people dont have to get an account with them directly, that seems to be where the problem is, I realise there must be many locations where there arent other service providers but there must be many where there is some option. Based on all Ive read, and I had some dealings with them, but not as an account holder, Id stay away from them whatever.

Unless you are in a densely populated area you are stuck with Eir

VM and Siro are not interested in spending a fortune on providing connections to people outside main areas (which does make up a sizable chunk of the population) whereas Eir are obligated to
    You have a LL or BB issue? Yes you may be with Sky or whoever but it all goes back to Eir and other providers are not all that great either when it comes to CS

I have to say I moved from Eir many moons ago to VM and cannot complain about them at all. The phone that was still on eir (now TM) was still the same issues

Companies really don't want you to call them even when you have a problem - you are a cost that far outweighs the profit they make from you

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paranoid Bob

Unless you are in a densely populated area you are stuck with Eir

VM and Siro are not interested in spending a fortune on providing connections to people outside main areas (which does make up a sizable chunk of the population) whereas Eir are obligated to
    You have a LL or BB issue? Yes you may be with Sky or whoever but it all goes back to Eir and other providers are not all that great either when it comes to CS

I have to say I moved from Eir many moons ago to VM and cannot complain about them at all. The phone that was still on eir (now TM) was still the same issues

Companies really don't want you to call them even when you have a problem - you are a cost that far outweighs the profit they make from you

Even in a densely populated area you can be stuck with Eir. I moved home late last year to a house in the Dublin suburbs that had no active phone or Internet connection. Eir was the only company willing to process a new connection request during lockdown so I'm stuck with them for a year.

The day that contract is up I'm moving to another provider. Sooner if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Contract says No

Actually, what I meant to say was, you don't have to give 30 days notice to MOVE your fixed services.

To cancel, yes, they will hold you to that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So they admit last year was bad.....when was the last year that eir/eircom customer care was actually any good?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/news/were-all-really-sorry-eir-to-hire-more-customer-support-staff-as-complaints-continue-40079108.html

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I've recently moved to a new service provider and they have looked after all the porting/transfer of service from Eir. Wondering when Eir do come looking for their last bill and am I better off cancelling the DD now rather than waiting for the inevitable and paying them the final bill manually. All bills were issued through myeir, my profile on which now appears to be inaccessible but you'd think they'd wait until the final bill was issued before removing access to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭celt262

Chiorino wrote: »
    I've recently moved to a new service provider and they have looked after all the porting/transfer of service from Eir. Wondering when Eir do come looking for their last bill and am I better off cancelling the DD now rather than waiting for the inevitable and paying them the final bill manually. All bills were issued through myeir, my profile on which now appears to be inaccessible but you'd think they'd wait until the final bill was issued before removing access to this.

I moved last year and never had a problem with D/D it was a smooth transition. I was worried at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'd cancel the DD and pay them manually. Especially if they've already removed your access to online billing.

• Advertisement

Their CEO admits what we've known for years....they've never been good at customer service.

https://www.irishtimes.com/1.4539225

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

Their CEO admits what we've known for years....they've never been good at customer service.

https://www.irishtimes.com/1.4539225

Word's fail me,I'm not articulate enough to really vent how bad I feel they are

Word's fail me,I'm not articulate enough to really vent how bad I feel they are

Yeah in one breath she says as CEO she can't hide but it sounds like she thinks it's not that bad at all....low standards obviously given they are one of the most profitable telcos in the world (so the article says).

Yeah in one breath she says as CEO she can't hide but it sounds like she thinks it's not that bad at all....low standards obviously given they are one of the most profitable telcos in the world (so the article says).

You'd like to think if she's serious about turning it around she'd pay a decent wage for properly trained customer care service instead of employees who are untrained, demoralised and not very good in the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

What really amazes me is that their subscriber numbers keep increasing!

C3PO wrote: »

A lot of people don't have a choice, others just look at price.

Eir is like most telcos and tv companies....its all grand as long as you don't need any cudtomerv support. If it works and you get a good price plan happy days.....if it doesn't god help you.

C3PO wrote: »

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

So the migration to the new service provider went off fairly seamlessly and Eir haven't tried to take any more money from me. I have however received a bill each month since telling me I'm €18 in credit (there doesn't appear to be any motivation for them to actually give this to me though).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So the migration to the new service provider went off fairly seamlessly and Eir haven't tried to take any more money from me. I have however received a bill each month since telling me I'm €18 in credit (there doesn't appear to be any motivation for them to actually give this to me though).

There isn't. You will have to contact them.

I got mine back about 10 days after I filled in this, was shocked it worked TBH.

https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/Refund-Request/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

you can process a refund online

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    you can process a refund online

Yep, See link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Trying to cancel an mobile internet contract with Eir. I ring up, i can't find an account number to give them but i have the 085 number connected to it. Told its not recognised. So i can't get to talk to anyone.

If i log into my account to look at my bills there is nothing there. Zero records. It just says 'something went wrong, try again later'. I have cancelled my direct debit online with my bank but the bank says that i must inform eir. Also, is that dd cancelled for just this month?

Basically, how on earth do i get Eir to stop taking money out of my bank to pay for an Eir account that appears (to them anyway) not to exist?

EDIT: Finally got talking to an actual person who couldn't deal with my problem but was able to locate my account number. This enabled me to ring 1901 and enter said number. Unfortunately the number wasn't recognised!!! So it really does seem as if i'm billed for an account that they don't recognise yet are providing a service for. I'm losing the will here...

Post edited by Dreamweapon on

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bmc58

Me too.I know three houses that have got rid of Eir over the past few months due to price rises and customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eokenned

Last year I upgraded from Eir Wireless to Eir Fibre. I only discovered recently that they continued charging me for Eir Wireless for the entire period. Stupid of me not to realise but it's still clearly their mistake. When I contacted the billing department using one of the forms provided to point out the error they tell me that they can't refund me as there is "no note on the account" requesting cancellation of the service. I clearly was upgrading and made it very clear to the salesperson at the time that I no longer wanted or needed the wireless service. Why on earth would I still want the wireless service? It seems really outrageous to me. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

They’re not if you’re using Virgin Media, Siro or NBI fibre or any of the wireless ISPs and 5G providers.

Advertisement