Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy and Judas Priest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will we finally see the gig on the 1st March 2022. Some 3 years later after the original date

From watching the 9 lives of Ozzy documentary a while back its very hard to see him having the ability to perform live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Can't see him ever doing a full tour. Couple of festivals, maybe somewhere like Glastonbury, full gig schedule though no chance.

Can't see him ever doing a full tour. Couple of festivals, maybe somewhere like Glastonbury, full gig schedule though no chance.

He could sit in one of those throne things like Axl Rose and Dave Grohl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

PTH2009 wrote: »
    He could sit in one of those throne things like Axl Rose and Dave Grohl

Weekend at Bernie's territory here haha

D.Q wrote: »
    Weekend at Bernie's territory here haha

Phil Collins sits down for all his shows and will on the upcoming Genesis tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Phil Collins sits down for all his shows and will on the upcoming Genesis tour

Well, that is the traditional way to play the drums.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Has anyone tried to get a refund on the tickets?
    Decided I would and went to the TM site.
    Rather unsurprisingly they don't have a nice and easy "click here for a refund" button.
    Do I have to talk to Customer Service to get a refund, or have their terms and conditions changes meant that a rescheduled show is not a cancellation and no refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Will we finally see the gig on the 1st March 2022. Some 3 years later after the original date

From watching the 9 lives of Ozzy documentary a while back its very hard to see him having the ability to perform live.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Are the original ticlets still valid? Hoping so and that it goes ahead in some form as I bought mine from someone who had a spare, so I doubt I can get a refund if it (finally) all goes south....

I'd be absolutely amazed if the tour goes ahead

• Advertisement

What are the chances of the tour happening as scheduled from January-March 2022 ?

As recent years have shown by other artists (Phil Collins, Dave Groul and Jonathan Davis) the lead man sitting down for the entire concert works and it would be something Ozzy would be mad enough to do

I'd accept it as long as Priest will still play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Things getting more complicated. Priest's Richie Faulkner in hospital.

Tour is bloddy cursed at this point, hope he makes a full recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It looks like he's very lucky guy.

From what I’ve been told by my surgeon, people with this don’t usually make it to the hospital alive.

Any chance the show will actually happen this coming March 2022 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

We don't know and you constantly asking isn't going to change that.

Tour officially cancelled with rescheduled date for Saturday 10th June 2023.

Safe to say we will probably never see him again on these shores. He'll be 73 in December and 18 months for anyone of that vintage is a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ozzy makes an appearance in Yungbluds new video The Funeral, very funny.

Song itself is like something like Billy Idol, very catchy.

He needs to stop,..end of!

• Advertisement

Yeah he owes the fans nothing

I wouldn't be surprised if he does tour again with him sitting on a chair the whole show. Phil Collins done it for the recent genesis tours and it worked. Hopefully won't come to that and he'll see sense

If the tour is cancelled please let priest play here sometime. Them been support was a huge seller

Ozzy is a freak of nature, Delighted to see him looking so well

The rescheduled concert is up on ticket master for next summer on a Saturday night. I've not bought a ticket but have booked accommodation, if it does go ahead I'll get a ticket nearer the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Shred

I just kept a hold of mine from when it originally went on sale, I know a few people who cashed them in but I said what the hell, the money weas already gone. Maybe it will happen next year but I'm not holding my breath; while it's great to see Ozzy back on stage but I do wonder how much longer he can keep it up with his physical health issue and Parkinson's.

Yeah I cashed in on mine, I'll get a ticket closer to the date if it happens

Maybe an extended Priest set with Ozzy playing a short enough show

Wonder with Zakk Wylde been part of the Pantera reunion will he tour with Ozzy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Most of us only want to see Priest, can they just do a show? I wouldn't mind seen Ozzy as a bucket list tick but JP are awesome, saw them once in England 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

In a surprise to absolutely no one, the entire uk/europe tour has been cancelled.

Ozzy posted this on his FB

This is probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to share with my loyal fans. As you may all know, four years ago, this month, I had a major accident, where I damaged my spine.

My one and only purpose during this time has been to get back on stage. My singing voice is fine. However, after three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy sessions, and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) Treatment, my body is still physically weak.

I am honestly humbled by the way you’ve all patiently held onto your tickets for all this time, but in all good conscience, I have now come to the realization that I’m not physically capable of doing my upcoming European/UK tour dates, as I know I couldn’t deal with the travel required. Believe me when I say that the thought of disappointing my fans really **** ME UP, more than you will ever know.

Never would I have imagined that my touring days would have ended this way. My team is currently coming up with ideas for where I will be able to perform without having to travel from city to city and country to country.

I want to thank my family……my band…….my crew……my longtime friends, Judas Priest, and of course, my fans for their endless dedication, loyalty, and support, and for giving me the life that I never ever dreamed I would have.

I love you all…

Ticket refunds are available at point of purchase.

About time. He should quit touring completely. How is he going to perform live without going from city to city or country to country? He should pack it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I dread to think what "his team" will come up with.

The band tours from city to city and Ozzy pre recorded singing on a big screen?

A hologram?

A residency in Vegas?

I'm going to get my refund and his team won't see another penny from me :D

Advertisement