Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2006 Ford Focus - both rear indicators out?

• 18-04-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,912 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

just got a call from the old man. Apparently both rear indicators are out which I obviously need to sort (Other tail lights confirmed functional on both sides). He had no idea until a neighbour pointed out the issue behind him on the way into the estate. (He's 86 - had copped the rapid repeater inside the car but had no idea what was causing it!)

Anyway, could I be lucky enough to find a fuse as the culprit bearing in mind side and front are fine on both sides? (Unlikely both bulbs have failed). I was initially thinking I could not be that lucky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭richardsheil

dodzy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

just got a call from the old man. Apparently both rear indicators are out which I obviously need to sort (Other tail lights confirmed functional on both sides). He had no idea until a neighbour pointed out the issue behind him on the way into the estate. (He's 86 - had copped the rapid repeater inside the car but had no idea what was causing it!)

Anyway, could I be lucky enough to find a fuse as the culprit bearing in mind side and front are fine on both sides? (Unlikely both bulbs have failed). I was initially thinking I could not be that lucky.

If he doesn't know the sound give away then it is highly likely both are blown. They didn't necessarily go at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In theory both bulbs if installed at the same time would have an expected same lifespan in a vehicle so they both could be gone in or around same time. I'd go with whatever you have to hand, if you have a spare fuse, try that, if you have spare bulbs try them, my money would be on the bulbs.

Advertisement