Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cruiser bike for beginner

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

They dont call them Dullville's for nothing....CX500 used to be called the Plastic maggot...step aside me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

They dont call them Dullville's for nothing....CX500 used to be called the Plastic maggot...step aside me thinks...
    Im happy enough with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Enough! Lol

Am I not right in saying the deauville is neither A or A2 (unless restricted).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

zubair wrote: »
    Am I not right in saying the deauville is neither A or A2 (unless restricted).

The RSA site classes then as A2 if restricted. Doesn’t say what they are if not restricted.

My instructor said it’s NOT an A bike, and my tester seemed surprised that they’re not.

The RSA site classes then as A2 if restricted. Doesn’t say what they are if not restricted.

My instructor said it’s NOT an A bike, and my tester seemed surprised that they’re not.

Sorry, I know they're not an A for sure.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I know they're not an A for sure.

Whatever they are mine will do me for now. I have a 400km spin next Wednesday, so I might have changed my mind by next Thursday!!

Whatever they are mine will do me for now. I have a 400km spin next Wednesday, so I might have changed my mind by next Thursday!!

Dammit, my upsell attempt didn't work. I was just wondering lol. Doubt it, will be no hassle.

Dammit, my upsell attempt didn't work. I was just wondering lol. Doubt it, will be no hassle.

Hahaha!!

I won’t be in the market for a year or two. Then again, if the magic numbers come up on one of the few times I actually DO the lotto it’ll be sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

MSVforever wrote: »
    .........f he likes the cruiser engine sound then he can just stick on an aftermarket exhaust ;)

hehehe...apologies Zubair,

fitted a Black Widow Stainless system to mine. It was so loud (to my tender ears) that I removed and dismantled it, and sent photos to the supplier to see if the baffle was missing. Not knowing what I was talking about, I assumed a baffle was a screw-in piece in the muffler - which I couldn't see. Turns out it was fine and my ignorance was exposed. Edit : yes I found out what a baffle was and sure enough there was one there

When I drive down the road, heads turn and people look behind me for the cruiser. ok, I made that bit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Btw the lads in Bray Honda Centre have Deauville 650 for sale for €1500.
    I would highly recommend those guys.

• Advertisement

hehehe...apologies Zubair,

fitted a Black Widow Stainless system to mine. It was so loud (to my tender ears) that I removed and dismantled it, and sent photos to the supplier to see if the baffle was missing. Not knowing what I was talking about, I assumed a baffle was a screw-in piece in the muffler - which I couldn't see. Turns out it was fine and my ignorance was exposed.

When I drive down the road, heads turn and people look behind me for the cruiser. ok, I made that bit up.

Haha, I had the black widow on my cbf1000 so I know exactly what you mean. I've also heard them on the deauville. Really loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,825 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What kind of dope puts "learner legal" on a bike ad in this day and age, anything is learner legal if you have the right class of learner permit.

Can't believe they're asking €1850 for that yoke, they should be embarrassed to ask €500 for it. But really it belongs in a skip.

Oh, and cruisers suck! :p

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

What kind of dope puts "learner legal" on a bike ad in this day and age, anything is learner legal if you have the right class of learner permit.

Can't believe they're asking €1850 for that yoke, they should be embarrassed to ask €500 for it. But really it belongs in a skip.

Oh, and cruisers suck! :p

Oh mate you mustn't spend half your day looking at bike ads 🀣🀣
    Every other dope sticks it on, it honestly drives me insane .
    Excuse you sir vrods, road kings, evos, magnas, I rest my case.
    That does belong in a bin though.

Advertisement