Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dash is grey after cleaning

Options
  • 13-03-2021 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Looking for advice. I cleaned my dash with fairy liquid and water, then applied Simoniz Matt Dash Finish. Rubbed in on with a sponge and wiped it dry with a microfiber towel. The dash is now grey and patchy/streaky. It has that look of baked in women's make up you see in some cars.
    Any tips? Should I clean it again with a different product and reapply the Simoniz? Use different products all together?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don’t put fairy near your car!

You could try an IPA to see if it will strip the oils left behind. See how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I doubt the fairy did any damage, but sounds more like soap residue.

One would think plain water should lift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Fairy liquid is fine for this job but don't use IPA on the dash.

As MrMusician said, plain water should lift it but now that you have the Simoniz on it, use a magic sponge and a light dilution of APC to clean it down. The magic sponge is very good at cleaning dashboards but don't apply too much pressure, just let the sponge do the work.

Instead of Simoniz, get something like Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash, Chemical Guys VRP etc.

Advertisement