Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pumped concrete

• 17-04-2021 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Building a shed in the back garden in South Dublin. No side entrance. Need 4 cubic metres of concrete for the floor slab. How much would it cost to get it pumped through the house does anyone know? Price including the concrete. Straight run through the living room window and out the dining room door, about 40m. Any recommendations for this job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Def_IRL

jpfahy wrote: »
    Building a shed in the back garden in South Dublin. No side entrance. Need 4 cubic metres of concrete for the floor slab. How much would it cost to get it pumped through the house does anyone know? Price including the concrete. Straight run through the living room window and out the dining room door, about 40m. Any recommendations for this job?

I used Keith Sheane concrete pumping a few times in tbe past, he's based in Wicklow but covers Dublin.
    You book him and his mobile unit, he does the work, you book the concrete truck delivery separately. Think most mobile concrete pump guys change a minimum of about €350 cash for their services.
    Recommend you put cardboard and plastic sheeting down across the house floors before any of that kind of work goes on,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Tbh they'll prob just go over the house far less hassle for everyone. The big thing with these is outside space for both pump truck and cement truck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbh they'll prob just go over the house far less hassle for everyone. The big thing with these is outside space for both pump truck and cement truck

And preparation and accurate materials sizing. and man power who know what they're doing for the pour

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

4 cub m sounds alot. Plenty of other threads debating spec of slab for shed but I trust you are satisfied with quantity ?
    Don't underestimate impact of concrete spills of even a tiny kind so prepare accordingly as already advised. Wear gloves if helping at all !! Best of luck and report back with photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

They wont go through the house unless you sign a 100% they are not responsible , so over the house, it will be very pricy for 4 cubes so you perhaps need to rethink it
    whats the math behind the 4 cubes

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For a shed in a terraced back garden would you not look at something more efficient like pad foundations?

What construction is it?

It's going to be a right pig to dispose of if anyone ever needs to dig it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

OP what you are describing is a trailer (trailer-mounted) line pump.

They are not common in the country.
    These boys have one
    https://www.facebook.com/concretepumpsolutions/
    Erne pumping have one too (well the did)

A concrete pump is usually a rigid truck with a boom. Booms vary from a 24m to a 52m reach.

A poster above mentioned €350 min hire. (Ex VAT)
    Sounds about right for the trialed pump.

Concrete. Say €350 for the 4 cube. (Ex VAT)

You got mates and a few barrows?
    22 barrows in a cube
    Get 4 or 5 mates....cost you a BBQ and a couple crates.

BTW I went for a shed from Clane sheds as it has a floor and just needs a stone pad. Had no intention of narrowing a few cube, and I have a side entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭karlitob

Lumen wrote: »
    For a shed in a terraced back garden would you not look at something more efficient like pad foundations?

What construction is it?

It's going to be a right pig to dispose of if anyone ever needs to dig it up.

Having a think myself about foundations for a planned garden room / shed - that I hope to be about 8x5m.

I have the same predicament as this poster. Need lots of concrete, 50m from the front door. And not sure I really need it. It’s a nice shed/garden room from time to time, nothing else.

So there’s the option of pad foundations with joists across which you suggest.

But somewhere I read somewhere about putting in a footing for a brick base - 1 or 2 courses and put wooden joists on that. With a vent brick.

The benefit is a more stable base and no way for foxes etc to get under.

Any thoughts on that method?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

are you building a 10m x4m shed? thats a lot of concrete for anything smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

Do roadstone pump concrete(Ive no idea really) ? only going by what I saw on their site before ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Same situation a few years back looking for 2m3.

There was a big build going on down the road from me with crane and pump.

Asked contractor how much to pump 2m3 over my house. Answer 2.5k.

I bought 3 wheelbarrows and took it through the house in about 20 minutes for €200. Sold the wheelbarrows after.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ntgar

jpfahy wrote: »

I've used Graham Concrete Pumping Ltd for concrete I got in my back yard, Tom was very helpful, worth giving him a shout, based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Ronney

geotrig wrote: »
    Do roadstone pump concrete(Ive no idea really) ? only going by what I saw on their site before ?

They have at least 1 Concrete lorry with a built in pump have seen it round South Dublin a bit.

See below pic

https://www.roadstone.ie/product/readymix-pump-concrete/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Yes. It's a trailer with a pipe they run through the house. The concrete supplier just pours into the trailer. It's about 400 plus the concrete. Maybe just check the shed requirements.4m3 at 150mm is 27m² which is sone shed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I saw a company this morning pumping concrete from the side of the road into a house to re do floors. They had a transit sized van with a pump and pipes parked behind the truck.

Advertisement