Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone tried the vegetarian menu at chapter one

• 14-05-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

As title says, just wondering if anyone has tried the veg menu at chapter one, and how was it? I was there when I wasn't a strict vegetarian so ate some fish then, but don't want to do that this time around. myself and the oh have booked there to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. If the veg menu there hasn't been tried by anyone suggestions of a place that has good vegetarian options would be good.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi all

As title says, just wondering if anyone has tried the veg menu at chapter one, and how was it? I was there when I wasn't a strict vegetarian so ate some fish then, but don't want to do that this time around. myself and the oh have booked there to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. If the veg menu there hasn't been tried by anyone suggestions of a place that has good vegetarian options would be good.
    Thanks

Both Thornton's and Restaurant 41 (the Residence club) have very good vegetarian menus. I believe The Greenhouse on Dawson St is good too but I haven't tried it (yet). There's a few reasons I don't like Chapter One which I won't go into publicly so I've never tried their menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Pearl Brasserie and Locks Brasserie both have vegetarian menus too, it's a while since I was in the Pearl but it was lovely. Mates (non-veggies) were in Locks at the weekend and loved it but I've not been so can't vouch for the veggie options.

Edit - forgot I'd been in Chapter One before, but it's years ago before their star, I remember thinking the veggie food was nice certainly a cut above other places at the time, but not really relevant to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Was in Restaurant 41 recently and they had a special vegetarian menu and if it didn't suit were willing to make me something else. Food was really really lovely, tiny portions but I didn't mind.

I have always really liked the Winding Stairs and they seem to try to use Irish vegetarian cheese in at least one of their dishes.

It is a few years since I went to Pearl Brassiere and the setting was lovely but they used a lot of Parmesan, Grana Pandano in their so called vegetarian menu so I didn't trust the rest of the menu. Not sure if you eat Parmesan or not or non veggie cheese or not?

Please let us know wherever you end up going as it is always good to hear opinions on veggie options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Weyhey wrote: »
    Was in Restaurant 41 recently and they had a special vegetarian menu and if it didn't suit were willing to make me something else. Food was really really lovely, tiny portions but I didn't mind.
    Portions can seem small in these places alright but with so many courses and the odd "amuse bouche" (some very odd) you don't leave feeling hungry.

Advertisement