Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco/Dunnes own brand veggie products

Options
  • 15-03-2012 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

It's been many months back since I've seen them, but why did these supermarkets remove their lines of 'meat' substitutes? I remember specifically Dunne's had the likes of meatless Kievs, while Tesco had their own 'hot dogs'. Apart from occasionally seeing the Tesco mince around the others have all but vanished. Was a reason ever given for this or are they simply hiding away from my usual branches?

Strange that I'm only feeling the effects now, maybe the sunnier days already have me thinking ahead to the veggie bbq season :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are gone a long time, maybe they didn't sell well? I loved those hot dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Tesco up north still have the full range that was down here, along with other really tasty 'own brand' stuff a lot of which is new.
    I'd make a once a month bus journey up for 15e return, well worth it.

Advertisement