Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another MSPaint, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Snowy's got their game face on :D

tumblr_m9c72oXPkP1r5n0h0o1_250.gifv

tumblr_m9c72oXPkP1r5n0h0o5_250.gifv

Since we have new players, this is basically how we play the game:

Think of the Telephone game in which one person whispers a message to another, which is then passed through a line of people until the last player announces the message to the entire group :D but with Paints! The Game Host reveals the entire chain once complete. No artistic skill is required.

Played by PM - As you’ve signed-up to Describe or Paint, you either Paint the description you receive or Describe the Paint you receive. Paintings and descriptions are PMed to and from the game host only, do not post any revealing data on thread... This process repeats itself over and over until the chain is complete.

In this game, I shall send a few images to the first Describer, from which to choose... The first Describer then PM's a 10 word description (of one image) to me and I send it onto our first Painter. After the Painter creates and hosts their masterpiece, they PM the image link to me, which I send to the next Describer... and so on, down the line. After all images and descriptions are compiled together, the entire game unfolds in a reveal thread in the Other Games subforum.

Painters - Paint a scene inspired by the description sent to you using any paint tool you like (MSPaint is fun given its inherent limitations). Host your image on an easily viewable site (I use Imgur), then PM the link to me. Do not post your image on thread.

Describers - In 10 words or less, write a description of (or inspired by) the image that has been sent to you, then PM your description to me. Please do not describe nor reveal anything about the image on thread.

Everyone is great at abiding by a 48 hour time frame to complete either task, which prevents game delays - although circumstances permit reasonable leeway before a sub is requested.

Most of all, HAVE FUN! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Oh, I missed the last reveal! I am totally in again for the describing. And I promise that I'll try to use less confusing phraseology this time (no guarantees) (sorry for the last time, Twirlagig!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Oh, I missed the last reveal! I am totally in again for the describing. And I promise that I'll try to use less confusing phraseology this time (no guarantees) (sorry for the last time, Twirlagig!)

No worries B .... I’ll forgive ya! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

s1ippy wrote: »
    Sweet! Yusss Mamof4 you're gonna have a hard time beating BuileBeag with the describing, they were bang on. :D

I will try to be as precise and exact as I can , all I can say in advance is , god help you getting my description :pac:

• Advertisement

"Calling it how you see's it" has been great fun :D
    "Simpsonesque dog-parrot ninja smugglers trowing knickers at John Catvolta and his Pointy Arse fish" (or something ;) like that)

*...Looks forward to more sassy anthropomorphised sixes, and a possible BeeGees concert (get yer knickers ready!) * :pac::pac::pac:

Describe: Ectoplasm
    Paint: aaronjennings

Describe: Electric Nitwit
    Paint: twirlagig

Describe: tusk
    Paint: Homer J. Fong

Describe: BuileBeag
    Paint: SnowyMay

Describe: Mam of 4
    Paint: s1ippy

Describe: EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    Paint: Gru

Describe: bolgbui41
    Paint: Neowise

Am waiting on a PM before game gets underway. Any changes you would like to make, just say :) ta

tenor.gif?itemid=3975240

and, We're OFFFFFF........ :)

tenor.gif

First Describer: Ectoplasm :pac:
    Paint: aaronjennings

Describer: Electric Nitwit

Ecto pitches a fastball and responds in record time ! :eek: :D

tenor.gif?itemid=13911309

and they wish "Good luck to whoever gets that [description]" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

f0L7Mzl.png

Described: Ectoplasm :cool:
    Painting now: aaronjennings :pac:

Describer: Electric Nitwit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Best of luck, Aaron!

The weather determines my mood a lot so it's nice to have something which will be improved by cloudy mucky weather if we have that...

"At least the MS Paint thread might be done quicker" :D

@Mods - thanks for leaving sign-ups open, more links can be added anytime, if anyone else anyone else who wants to join in :)

And done

Oh, if only ye knew what my search history was like last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

But what's that got to do with this game? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

With that beautiful picture painted, now I want to know how you're getting on with the game :pac:

(edit: ah EN you beat me to it!)

Crude euphemisms aside I will admit that I googled Wellington Testimonial the last time. Good thing I did, because I thought it was the something to do with cricket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If there's still space I'll be in as either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'll do either as well, to make a full link with fixxxer. :)

s1ippy wrote: »
    With that beautiful picture painted, now I want to know how you're getting on with the game :pac:

(edit: ah EN you beat me to it!)
    tenor.gif

And done

What?!

What in the name of hell is that?!

How is this the first painting?!

What?!

• Advertisement

What?!

What?!

God knows what the last one will end up as if this is the first one! :eek: :D

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29x6r848o0hh6ecirdy2o91m13q35v6iig98f32y0k&rid=giphy.gif

twirlagig wrote: »
    God knows what the last one will end up as if this is the first one! :eek: :D
    I have to say though, the quality of the art work was exceptional. I can't say too much but well done aaron. The subject matter though... :confused:

What?!

What?!

Welcome to the mad house

I have to say though, the quality of the art work was exceptional. I can't say too much but well done aaron. The subject matter though... :confused:

Wtf is my description gonna be like?! :confused::D
    This whole thread is gonna be priceless! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

It’s a Friday evening, and I’m looking forward to my description later this week.

I’m gonna blame COVID on the lack of social activities!!

Me reading EN’s description... :o

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29azsd5ueiq97x8jr5hkfpsrnn1pb4al52d1y44h36&rid=giphy.gif

twirlagig wrote: »
    Me reading EN’s description... :o

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29azsd5ueiq97x8jr5hkfpsrnn1pb4al52d1y44h36&rid=giphy.gif
    That's possibly the best gif I've ever seen :pac:

That's possibly the best gif I've ever seen :pac:

Lol! :D
    In fairness EN, it’s a brilliant description, I can actually visualise it and see it my head - how the fcuk I’m gonna draw it is another thing! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

DejaBoo gave me some good pics to choose from :pac:

• Advertisement

Gotta say hats off to Deja for hosting this (and Ecto for the last one) ... I’m SO sick of everything Covid so this is just SO needed! :)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29wnxhly0213ccfzrl8w916y092qdsb9h7i4iz5j3k&rid=giphy.gif

Advertisement