Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finally, a Glock in .22lr.

• 10-12-2019 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Wish these were available years ago when my centrefire glock licence renewal was refused. A factory made Glock in .22lr. Model number 44. Sadly it looks like we are screwed again as the barrel is only 4 inches long. Maybe they will do a long slide version in the future.

I cannot post a link as i am new here, but if you look on the Glock US website they are on there and on The firearm blog . com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Thanks J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

All they need to do is put a threaded barrel on it and you add a permanently attached "muzzle device" and you are sorted here.Give it about 18 months once it hits the US market,and the teething issues are worked out of the Gen 1 products[there always are],and you are going to see accessories aplenty that will make it legal here too.At least this is a genuine in house made Glock,not some pot metal, Urmarex toy

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    At least this is a genuine in house made Glock,not some pot metal, Urmarex toy

That was my thinking too. I'd love a genuine, slightly scaled down 1911, like the old colt ace. But umarex have the market flooded with zinc/pot metal stuff. The only other pistol i remember being worth bothering with is the cz kadet. Lovely things. They are making a new one too with a polymer frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why is the barrel length a concern?

• Advertisement

Under a certain length it becomes a restricted firearm,under the Crim Justice act misc provisions act.Ostensibly to prevent pocket pistols from becoming too easily available and us ligit shooters running amuck with them.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

No it doesn't, the 10cm restriction was added by SI 337/2009;
    . Article 4(2) of the Principal Order is amended—

(b) by the substitution of the following subparagraph for subparagraph (e)—

“(e) the following short firearms designed for use in connection with competitions governed by International Olympic Committee regulations:

(i) air-operated firearms of 4.5 millimetres (.177 inch) calibre;

(ii) single shot firearms using 0.22 inch long rifle rim fire percussion ammunition;

(iii) other firearms using 0.22 inch long rifle rim fire percussion ammunition provided that the maximum magazine capacity of such a firearm does not exceed five rounds and that the barrel length of the firearm is greater than 10 cm.”.

And removed by SI 391/2015;
    3. Article 4(2) of the Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 ( S.I. No. 21 of 2008 ) is amended by the substitution of the following subparagraph for subparagraph (e)—

(ii) single shot firearms designed for use with 0.22 inch long rifle rim fire percussion ammunition;

(iii) firearms which are designed for use with 0.22 inch long rifle rim fire percussion ammunition and use magazines that have been manufactured or modified prior to use so as to accommodate no more than five rounds of ammunition”.

We discussed it on the forum at the time sure.

Witcher wrote: »
    No it doesn't, the 10cm restriction was added by SI 337/2009;

And removed by SI 391/2015;

We discussed it on the forum at the time sure.

It does not mention barrel length at all in the second part of that quote, does the original condition of a 10cm barrel not stand ?

tudderone wrote: »
    It does not mention barrel length at all in the second part of that quote, does the original condition of a 10cm barrel not stand ?

No, it has substituted the whole paragraph.

Here's Spark's interpretation of it from back when it came out;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97062299&postcount=63

Witcher wrote: »
    No, it has substituted the whole paragraph.

Here's Spark's interpretation of it from back when it came out;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97062299&postcount=63

I might have to have a post christmas splurge so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Hi - in any case 10cm is 3.9 inches so a 4 inch barrel would have been legal anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Barrel length on the Glock website states barrel length at 102mm / 4.01 inches.

These are going to be available with a threaded barrel, but not in the States. The Glock factory set out to make it twice as reliable as the competition, they have a match barrel and are good for 1" groups at 25m.

Hmmm...Wonder will the clamp on full size Glock carbine kits work for this as well?Be a handy little package then for Bullseye 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Hmmm...Wonder will the clamp on full size Glock carbine kits work for this as well?Be a handy little package then for Bullseye 360.

Dimensional they are the same as a G19 but designed that a Centerfire slide and barrel will not work on them.

The likes of triggers, mag releases etc from the 19 will work in them.

Won't be too expensive to find out :D

https://hobbyairsoft.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1579

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

See cilldara hunting advertising the glock 44 in .22 on the aul facebook page

See cilldara hunting advertising the glock 44 in .22 on the aul facebook page

They are not out until January i think.

No idea was just on the feed

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Looks like it's going to be between €800-1100 when it hits the Irish market.

Also I hope the super has a good heart because the name Glock will undoubtedly leave him riddled with anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

For the pistol owners out there, do you think it is going to get harder and harder to licence pistols in this country? Pistols are surely the hardest Firearm to get a licence for at the moment or am I complete off the mark?

ZiabR wrote: »
    For the pistol owners out there, do you think it is going to get harder and harder to licence pistols in this country? Pistols are surely the hardest Firearm to get a licence for at the moment or am I complete off the mark?

once you meet the requirements its easy, member of an authorised range, safe, monitored alarm separate safe for ammo etc etc whatever the supernintendo looks for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

once you meet the requirements its easy, member of an authorised range, safe, monitored alarm separate safe for ammo etc etc whatever the supernintendo looks for.

What is the price of range membership these days in the likes of HH? My young lad is looking for his first rifle and he is more into shooting paper than hunting so I reckon I'll get a pistol to pass the time on the range when I bring him. The glock would definitely be on my radar!

How about ...NO...With airsoft stuff added to live firearms. Totally different plastics apprently used in these clam shells. You "might" get away with it if it is a .22 but deffo not with CF.I looked at this option and was strongly advised not to do so by those in the know in Europe.So I wouldnt even chance it with a .22

ZiabR wrote: »

Not as bad as a CF semi auto sporting rifle;) THAT is the fun one these days.

aaakev wrote: »
    What is the price of range membership these days in the likes of HH? My young lad is looking for his first rifle and he is more into shooting paper than hunting so I reckon I'll get a pistol to pass the time on the range when I bring him. The glock would definitely be on my radar!

360 a year including insurance. discounts for familys students etc. get full use of all facilities for that. dont forget about courtlough and mnsci as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

360 a year including insurance. discounts for familys students etc. get full use of all facilities for that. dont forget about courtlough and mnsci as well.

No bad at all in fairness, especially for the facilities!

Kildare based so HH would be the one.

Cheers for the info

Just to add the Courtlough pricing for the (Pistol) range.

First years membership is €495, each year after that it is €350. Both prices do not include insurance, which is €50 a year.

Prices are much cheaper for Shotgun/Rifle range only.

Looks like it's going to be between €800-1100 when it hits the Irish market.

Yeah right, i only paid 650 euro for a 9mm glock 17, ok it was a fair while ago but no way have they doubled in price since then. In the videos posted, they mentioned the recommended price as about 400 US dollars. With the exchange rate today, 400 USD is 360 euro. Even allowing for dealer mark-up anything over 450 euros is a piss-take.

• Advertisement

Yeah right, i only paid 650 euro for a 9mm glock 17, ok it was a fair while ago but no way have they doubled in price since then. In the videos posted, they mentioned the recommended price as about 400 US dollars. With the exchange rate today, 400 USD is 360 euro. Even allowing for dealer mark-up anything over 450 euros is a piss-take.

Firearms pricing in Ireland across the board is at least 200-300 euro more. For example.

NEW Beretta 1 686 Sporter
    UK Price - £1695
    Ireland - €2150
    Markup after currency conversion - €157

NEW Browning 525 Sporter 1
    UK Price - £1550
    Ireland - €2050
    Markup after currency conversion - €228

Now i know the UK would import alot more guns than Ireland so maybe that has an impact of the pricing.

That being said, no matter what gun you look at, it will always be more expensive here.

Advertisement